What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea solids and coco; Side by side trial

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Covert:

"Petflora - interesting that the Led side didn't burn. Is their a light intensity difference between the Cfl and Led?" Yes and no. During this part of the grow I had the bank of CFLs between both sides. The CFL side had a 105watt soft CFL: the LED side a UFO 90.

No one said he wasnt, lets see you get as far as he is getting with just 200ppm of PBP in coco not soil...
keyword here is Primary, the NPK should be seen as supplement..
I dont think your plants would make it past the 2nd week my friend...
I use about 400ppm of NPK based nutes in my grows with sea solids... but anyway thanks for your opinion...

lifes not a salt compititon my friend, but your pbp plants look great

osirica420

hah i am not trying to pitch anything to anyone its the shear ignorance of people that gets me ticked...

i am done with this thread...

E

elmanito

Easy everyone take a toke and spread the love instead of bashing each other.I have been working for years with sea weed extracts with great results.Farmers in Scotland, Ireland do it for centuries.Using sea solid is a total new option which need to be investigated.

Research with cherry tomatoes in Italy has shown that important constituents increased by using sea solids, only the concentration is a big question since they suffered salt damage.

IMO not every cannabis variety will tolerate a high ppm of unrefined sea salt in the solution.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Last edited:

CovertCrops

Elmanito - I totally agree with you that not every cannabis strain will tolerate sea solids. Evidently it has to do with the levels of glycine betaine in the plant. The higher the levels of glycine betaine the higher the plants tolerance to NaCL.

Have you tried your new salt product yet?
I initially looked into sea solids as a way to supplement micro nutrients. I figured I would give Dr. Murray's method a try, but I am going to have to get some sea solids without the salt and try that as well.

The Natures Nectar + sea-90 table is about a week into flower now. On set of flowers was faster than I had expected and stretch is less than anticipated. I am feeding these plants a bit more aggressive with 8ml/g N, 10 ml/g P, and 10 ml/g K for a nutrient load of
116 N
51 P
121 K
41 CA
+ 5ml/g sea-90
Let's see what happens....
picture.php

I started another table last night with 4 moms. I think I'm gonna do Canna coco+ sea-90 for them, I know, not organic, but good to know none the less. Pictures of them in a day or so.

majortom9

SOLE, is simply a seasalt/water combination that has reached a point of saturation, in other words no more salt can be dissolved into the water.Then , using a PPM meter you can figure out the proper amount of sea mineral solution to use per gallon of water. This "SOLE" solution is used as your nutrient base, as a concentrated supply. Thats all it is.

E

elmanito

Elmanito - I totally agree with you that not every cannabis strain will tolerate sea solids. Evidently it has to do with the levels of glycine betaine in the plant. The higher the levels of glycine betaine the higher the plants tolerance to NaCL.

Have you tried your new salt product yet?
I initially looked into sea solids as a way to supplement micro nutrients. I figured I would give Dr. Murray's method a try, but I am going to have to get some sea solids without the salt and try that as well.

The only way is to test from each variety the glycine betaine level, although i think that landraces have a higher tolerance for a salty environment than the hybrids we have today, but thats my theory.

I haven't tried the new salt yet since God has opened the locks, so its raining with gallons of water outside.:tongue:
Another option which i found is the use of Immutin aka Sea-Crop, which is even better than unrefined sea salt.:yes:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Last edited:

InPotiTrust

Very nice work your doing over here CovertCrops....I think i'm gona have to try this in the dirt....Again this is great work :tiphat:

Ty_Kaycha

osirica420 - relax my friend. This isn't even your thread but you're jumping up & down, getting irate when someone is just doing a little questioning. None of us are 100% sure of anything that is being discussed in this thread. I don't think YankeeGrower came off as an ass - though he could of softened some of his words a bit, but grow some thicker skin. It's not like he insulted your mother!!!

CovertCrops - great thread. It's a nice followup to osirica420's exploding hydro thread which I just got reading. In his thread I mentioned I've been using OceanSolution & Floranova with great results. Don't know if it helped the overall yield but I do know I have had the healthiest plants I've ever had. No deficiencies or pests/diseases of any kind. And it's so simple to use! Anyways, I'm pulling up a chair, & lighting up a fatty [passing it over to osirica420 - relax brother - it's all good, don't take it so personally. More important things to get upset about], subscribed for sure

Terramoto

Hey i just got my ppm meter, but i think somethings wrong i filled up a cup with sea water and measured but it only gave me 1, in the instructions they say to multiply it by 10 so i get a 10ppm isnt that kinda low? Im probably doing something wrong.

Ty_Kaycha

Hey i just got my ppm meter, but i think somethings wrong i filled up a cup with sea water and measured but it only gave me 1, in the instructions they say to multiply it by 10 so i get a 10ppm isnt that kinda low? Im probably doing something wrong.

Has it been calibrated yet?

Y

Yankee Grower

osirica420 - relax my friend. This isn't even your thread but you're jumping up & down, getting irate when someone is just doing a little questioning. None of us are 100% sure of anything that is being discussed in this thread. I don't think YankeeGrower came off as an ass - though he could of softened some of his words a bit, but grow some thicker skin. It's not like he insulted your mother!!!

I've been using OceanSolution
Thanx for those words and hear ya.

As for Ocean Solution it is easily one of the best seawater/sea solid products available. I really recommend people either go with Sea-Crop or Ocean Solution instead of salt but think Sea-Crop is better. You get all the benefits of seawater without the excessive levels of sodium chloride as found in whole salt or seawater. Yeah there's still some NaCl in both of those products but all the goodies are highly concentrated and that's what you want IMO. I mean the recommended level for using Sea-Crop in hydro is only 1 ml per gallon per week! Use your regular nute program and just add a bit of SC or OS...and you can probably cut back on nute use also.

Ty_Kaycha

... I really recommend people either go with Sea-Crop or Ocean Solution instead of salt but think Sea-Crop is better...

So in your opinion Sea-Crop is better than Ocean Solution?
What are the differences that make it better?

For me it was also ease of use, OceanSolution when you buy the quart size, comes in a very easy to use & measure container. I sometimes have to go out of town, and it's really easy to explain to my girlfriend how to take care of my ladies. Not sure how Sea-Crop comes - I know it's a liquid also but not sure if it's just a bottle or what.

Would be curious though in what the differences are. It appears Sea-Crop has taken on Dr Murray's research and continue to research while Ocean Solution stays truer to his research (only changing to solution form instead of crystals)

Ty_Kaycha

If I recall correctly Murray used crystallized solids. OceanSolution put them in liquid form - easy to use I would guess is the reason.

Y

Yankee Grower

If I recall correctly Murray used crystallized solids. OceanSolution put them in liquid form - easy to use I would guess is the reason.
Just so we're on the page you're telling me Ocean Solution is made my creating a dry product then it's rehydrated? I just want to understand what process you think Ocean Solution is made.

Terramoto

well since OceanSolutions doesnt share their process and they copy/paste Dr Murray research i would say that they are getting seawater or salt with water in the bottle :)
They're probably getting seawater while sea-crop is getting it from dry salts.
DIfferences? Hmm, i would say that with dry salts you would get more NaCl than with seawater, but then with seawater ull get less micronutes.
IMHO.