What's new

Scrub's PLL Coco Cupboard and Friends

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thank you! The amazingest bit is there's only really 2 x 55s above it. I keep scrolling up thinking "wow, I grew that?". It's unusually healthy. Maybe the yellowing is natural senesence?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thank you cheese and happy! In case it's confusing, there is actually 3 x 55 in there, just that only 2 are over the scrog, and one is over the rear shelf plants.

Seems like an ounce per 55 is a good rule of thumb if everything runs smooth. I'm really hoping I blow the GPW out on this run. Feeling confident so far :D

lolraymond

Damn Scrubs. That looks so good. I think I'm going to try to get a SCROG going after this grow. I'm going to try and make a tray that I can lift out of the bottom tub, that would also have a screen over the top. I dunno. I'll figure something out. I need some more lights!

I'm going to have to try some 55W-ers. :) Ouce per 55w!? Yes please.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks yo. Those pics were taken shortly after being watered after 3 days too. Was quite dry. The PLLs will pay for themselves several times over on the first run if you get everything down smooth. I know I rant on about it, but coco & a quality nute is an easy way to make it run smooth. It runs on rails as long as you follow some simple rules. :)

lolraymond

See, I don't know much about coco and whatnot. I'll move onto PL-L's after I move I think. I need more space. I want a lot of lighting. And I want a lot of budz growin' from my plants. hahah.

Can you tell me some about using coco? I don't really understand it.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Ray, I wrote a post about coco, like a primer. I will try to find it for you when I wake up. Thanks for checking it out Propoline.

:rasta:

lolraymond

Oh, I know this doesn't have anything to do with your thread, but when I move into a house, you're gonna help me figure out my PL-L lighting setup. Hahah, I've already decided it. Hahaha. I don't know much about PL-L's but I'll read up and then I'll probably have some questions for you. I want at least 4 bulbs. Sweeeeet. Haha, sorry for the hijacking.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Scrubz, it's a very sad day for marijuana and hemp activism, Please can everyone go to this page http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=169060 and pay their respects to a brave man who has stood up to the powers that be and has created positive changes in this draconian world we live in.

Peace an Much Respects To Jack and his Family,

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I actually use a text to speech converter powered by RSS so I get every post read to me in my sleep*. This all seems like a dream to me :whee:

B00m, that is like a bad dream - a very sad day. On the subject, RIP also for Malcolm McLaren :badday:

Ray, if you read every page of the PLL club, I will answer anything not covered! :wave:

Here's the coco guide (written in a hydro context!) I posted for Christoph

Hydro is dead easy, man. A few basics to learn but I found it a million times easier than growing in soil (not everyone will agree). Technically coco isn't quite hydro, but it's very close.

Only downside is the initial setup costs. In australian $$: 60 litres of coco brick is about $20 or 30 I think (re-useable). About $50 or 60 bucks for a set of veg & flower nutes (4 litres total) that will last a few grows I'd say. Then you need ph up and down, both for about $10 and last for ages.

That's all you need to do a decent grow, apart from a few extra options. A good ph meter is highly recommended - I'd allow about $150 for that with some bottles you need once in a while to keep it accurate. You can also buy ph kits from aquariums for cheap, like 5 bucks. People seem to grow fine with them but I couldn't live without a meter, it's so quick and easy.

The last optional thing is an EC or PPM type of meter to tell you how strong your mix is, exactly. I love mine to death but it's not strictly necessary to grow weed. If you have the cash, get one for sure, they can help a lot. (probably same cost as the ph meter)

You don't need like, pumps and plumbing and all that stuff - it's just a pot like normal and handwatered like normal, but you end up with hydro quality buds! And now you have all the equipment, you can even toss the coco and do any kind of hydro grow - DWC, etc. In other words, the meters and whatever else, are an investment. I got theoretically paid on my investment many many times more than I invested. I know it's a big outlay though.

*not a true statement, lol.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Smoke Break / PK Inspiration

Smoke Break / PK Inspiration

Well on the road again and smoking PK from some new glass. One of these days I'll get to try yours ;)
picture.php

You may notice some crystal production and that classic hindu / kush nug formation. Rumor has it I may get back a seed from my BBB crossed with my PK, maybe a new adventure right around the corner.

Peace, :joint:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Man what's wrong with that bud? It's covered in white stuff!

Ohhhh! OK nevermind :tongue:

Nice, man. Really nice piece you got there too. Safe travels~

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually use a text to speech converter powered by RSS so I get every post read to me in my sleep*. This all seems like a dream to me :whee:

ha ha i bet that would work

then maybe james earl jones voice?

it would be like darth vader was reading IC to you

lolraymond

I'm going to do coco next time around, I think. Well, once I move anyhow. Thanks for the info Scrubzz. Lol, I actually believed you had these threads read to you in your sleep, well at first. Hahahah. As for Hydro's bud, I'm jealous. That's some chron lookin' bud right thurr. Mannn, I hope I get some bomb ass Purple Kush from my seed. Oh man, hope it's not a male. Hahahah. By the way, that pipe is wild! Travel safely Hydro!

Scrub, what's the maximum grow height you get above the screen in your set up and what would be the maximum useable height for say 4 55W pll lights?

:gday:

Latest posts

Latest posts