What's new

Scratching My Way To Harvest....Hopefully.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tried the patch once, they're free up here, but it just gave me a headache after a butt.

Hopefully everything works out well :)

vapor

Veteran
did someone say hypnotize! My neighbor smoke two packs of cigs a day did not eat anything just smokes and coffee. Went to doc cause he wasnt feeling well. He was fucking his kidneys up. So he go to the hypno chick and he has not touched a cig in 3 years.... give it a try...

ps my old lady has had cancer and still will not stop smoking powerfull drug!

Former Guest

I've tried hypnotizing thru a hypnotherapist. Cried the whole way home because all I could think about was when the appointment would be over I could go smoke. Chantix, Zyban, gum, patches, exercise, smoking pot to replace it... Also patches which were ok... but the Ecig works best cause it feels the most similar. I'm going to get it fixed today. Stupid things break all the time.

Former Guest

Tried the patch once, they're free up here, but it just gave me a headache after a butt.

Hopefully everything works out well :)

After a butt? You're not supposed to smoke with them on XD

Although I have done that on numerous occasions. They can be free if you sign up for a program where they call you for a weekly survey. They have disposable ecigs to try.

I'm going to try and make hash to smoke or try making the ecig juice but cannabis instead. Smoke flower in a tower old school vaporizer. I'm not going to blast or buy bho. Too dangerous in my hands, not going to purchase equipment to do that and I'm not paying $40 g for glorified sugar leaves. :D

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
The patch works fine until you smoke a cig. Then its just like smoking 2 packs a day. Ive used the patch and smoked cigars all day. No matter what the method, it takes superhuman will to not smoke.

You got it Vapor - one of the most powerful, addictive drugs on the planet.

Former Guest

so enough sad talk,

my Connie clones are getting yellow (more lime green) tops starting from the inside of the fan going out towards the tips, no roots poking out and they should be by now. the last set of clones had over inch long roots bursting out of the plugs by the end of the week and its been over a week I believe with these ones. I've done some things different and didn't do everything exactly how I did last time and it shows. the clones are not limp looking and look alive and great like you should expect to see roots.

So I'm guessing that they are over watered or they're not getting enough light? why would they look turgid but not push out roots? should I add some rooting hormone to the water? I've got a few different kinds. Nitrozyme, Dutchmasters root gel, clonex and then add some dutch masters zone to help with dampening off.

things I did differently were when I took the cuts I put them in fulvic and maxicrop only when last time I use coconut water instead of regular 50/50 mix and then blended everything in the blender with some aloe then use that in the tray for the water wicking action instead of the regular water I used this time. I also did not put a cfl light over them 24/7 but put them next to the window instead. temps are okay and so is RH. I'm willing to bet the light was more catastrophic than eliminating coconut water and aloe :D

also took the bubbas widow from Hazeman Seeds and planted the plugs into a celled tray that is fairly small. I wanted a small container so I don't overwater them. I mixed up 3 parts Black Gold OMRI potting soil 0.05-0-0, plus 2 parts EWC and also perlite, 1 tsp of dry mycos powder, and 1 T of the guano company's Super Tea 0.5-0.5-0.3 and then bagged the extra soil for later. planted them and covered in gnat nix. one seedling looks like there are spots on one leaf like there are issues already but I think it's because the tap root finally came down to the bottom of the plug and was sitting in water rotting for a day or two before I noticed. I've been a little lazy the past couple days. the EWC and mycos powder will fix it as the mycos has trichoderma species in there with all the other goodies. was barely bad at all thank god. that would've been very sad. um.... what else...

I haven't put the girls in bloom. I went out there and realized that the AC hood had a leak where the tube came partially unconnected and there are some light leaks that came up when I adjusted everything a week ago. I'm finally feeling a bit better as I can eat solid food :D can't put off much longer as the pennywise screen is 75% filled :jawdrop:

Former Guest

fix all the light leaks and air leaks and anything else wrong with the bloom tent except adapting to the cold front that has moved in with a chance of snow :snowkiss:

Cleaned up the veg room, made my plants into mothers and took clones.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Former Guest

back when I bought Connie Chung, I got this Jesus OG Kush reject clone that I put outside and the light was 12/12 so she started blooming sorta but not really lol. she's been under a few CFLs over at my house with the Critical Super Silver Haze I won at market.
picture.php

picture.php

and of course here is the damage Bubbas Widow. the EWC or something has wicked up into the gnat nix.
picture.php

and here's a group shot
picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Light, temp and rh are the most important factors IMO. You already figured out the problem - light.

The plugs could be overly wet too. If that's the case, you probably have tiny roots that don't need to grow to find more water. Try to keep them damp. You don't want them dripping or leaving your fingers wet. Give the plugs a gentle pinch. If you see drops fall or form theyre too wet.

Former Guest

the veg room environment is great with 70F and 60% RH under 24/7 400w MH.

the bloom room environment is a tent in the garage while the veg is a storage room inside the garage. I would like to push warm air from veg into the bloom tent but I need to harvest some bud before I start making requests to cut more holes in the wall.

the clones that were having problems were indeed overwatered and I tore them carefully apart and did not see a single root but instead rotted ends of the stems. so I recut and cloned them in perlite instead.

I also took the tops of the biggest girls and put those into plugs in a separate container with a Ziploc sealed with my breath for some free CO2. curious how well this will work as the tops have a lot of growth on them. its been a few hours and everything looks great still :woohoo:

Miraculous Meds

U need to get that temp up with all that co2 ur pumping in there. .lol

Seriously though they would like it better if it were closer to 78f.

Former Guest

the CO2 was for a Ziploc bag I had some clones in and I don't think they would appreciate being at 78F right now as they have no roots. probably make them go limp.

I'm going off a VPD chart that tells you what temp and RH plants like most.

right now the outdoors are 25-35 at night and 40's in the day with 92% humidity. I think its doing fairly well in there with just a 400w for heat :D

the veg room now is mainly for mothers and hardening off clones who need to grow a bit more before going in there. I'm trying to take as many clones as possible at the same time for a sea of green. I've got enough for a 3x3 right now if I don't lose too many :woohoo:the clones I just took are not in that room but instead in my house under cfls.

Attachments

• RH chart.jpg
    RH chart.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

hicksticky

Still at large...
hey LLB, I like the space, and the girls look beautiful :biggrin:
I too been playing with temp's and RH in veg, digg the chart very helpful.

hicksticky

Still at large...
very nice, some light reading............... Thanks LLB
some useful insight that I can apply to my grow. K++

Miraculous Meds

the CO2 was for a Ziploc bag I had some clones in and I don't think they would appreciate being at 78F right now as they have no roots. probably make them go limp.

I'm going off a VPD chart that tells you what temp and RH plants like most.

I was joking about the co2. The clones will grow fine at 70F, they would grow quite a bit better at 78f, So would the rest of ur garden.

70%Rh thru the first 2 weeks of flower, then 50%rh to finish so that bud rot doesn't set in. But if u have good air flow u can run close to that 70% all the way thru. The plants like it much better. These are the rules that I follow, learned from experienced farmers that have turned out to be very fruitful.

Former Guest

ok well I'm following the chart. if my temps increase that much I need to increase the humidity and I don't think I can regulate it as well as it regulates itself right now. the environment is consistent in the veg room and that is better than fluctuating temps and RH. that is what is gonna give you bud rot and pm. you should read the thread I posted to get a better idea of what I'm trying to say. when the temps are that high there is little room for error and some areas of the chart seem better so right now my temps can go from 70-72 and RH 60-70% and the plants won't feel a thing where other parts of the chart only have a temp difference of one degree and no leeway on RH.

it's about having a great environment. if I ran my room at what you suggest, the reason plants grow so quick is that they are transpiring so much and drinking harder since they are stressed out. stressed out plants suffer abiotic stress and that is the NUMBER #1 reason for low yields according to agronomist, agriculturalists, .edu sites, etc. that's where I get my info.

Miraculous Meds

So basically are u saying those temps are what ur environment can produce and u can control with ease so ur staying within those ranges? If so, I get it and ur just doing the best with what u have. Otherwise im pretty sure the 78f range will grow at a much faster rate. Ur giving up about 15% potential yield staying at that low of a temp. But if u cant control the environment to a higher temp and rh I guess ud be giving up a much higher % of potential yield. U got to do what works for u.

Former Guest

all my clones are still alive in the perlite and the tops are even doing well in the plugs despite having a lot of leaves and being fairly tall for clones. the bubbas widow that has some damage is getting worse but the other seedling is doing well. hope the other one snaps out of it. my clones I took a long time ago have three of the eight towering over the others :)

I've been toying around with some ideas reading in the general gardening forum about growing veggies indoors. it's freezing here and I have some frost tender pineberries I ordered online when they released them to the USA this year. I planted them in a big container and the runners are just exploding over the sides with bare roots everywhere. I have all this extra soil in the garbage cans and a lot of room in the veg room. I want to rinse and scrub the strawberry runners and plant them in sterile soil. do you think if I rinsed off any bugs and then sprayed them with some insecticidal soapiness, I could pot the runners and take them into my grow room?

the pineberries will only be true white if they are grown under indoor lighting as the UV light causes them to turn pink. I paid for white berries, I want white berries, plus I can have both red and white as you need the red to pollinate them. since the freeze has hit, wouldn't this be the safest time to introduce them into my room as far as bugs go? is the whole reason people don't like you to grow veggies in the same room because the soil they come in as most plants are not bareroot like the strawberry?

Former Guest

the past couple days I've been doing some reading from MM, CT Guy, and a few others about compost tea brewing like this

I've also been exploring a website called Greenhouse Grower that has videos about essentially basic stuff but I just like the way it's formatted together and not a thread on calcium lockout and then you never hear about potassium lockout. has a good video about salt toxicity and why and how it harms your plants. ph balancing with nitrogen. stuff like that and it's all taught by Dr's at University's in 10 minute average videos where you can sit back and get stoned instead of scrolling through junk posts to find the gems.

Latest posts

Latest posts