What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scooby is gone.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear what you had to do. Hopefully you and Alice will find some comfort now. You had been extremely patient and loving with Scooby and had no other choice. It makes me sad when anyone loses a beloved pet, in whatever circumstances.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
S4L man stop your breaking my heart here.

such a sad thing. it was good that you did it. hopfully she felt safe and cared for up until it happened.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So sorry S4L....it's such a tough desicion but you did the right thing..our pets can be such a part of your life, stay strong bud.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
S4L man stop your breaking my heart here.

such a sad thing. it was good that you did it. hopfully she felt safe and cared for up until it happened.

of course she did, Scooby got scraps from my plate, biscuits and love for a day & a half after it happened; the only thing I held back on was showering her with love immediately before putting her down, I'm not a fan of hypocrisy, when we went outside yesterday it was a matter of business and I didn't want to get my heart involved. I never once punished her for any of her attacks, she'd get a scolding and a finger wagging in her face but that was it.

I cried like a baby, then & there. I can't think of a harder moment in my life.

Scooby was a very sweet & loving dog that unfortunately had a glitch in her wiring, I'm glad she never hurt anyone else. my primary focus of every day was to provide a stress free environment for Scooby & Alice, I worked hard at it and yet somehow it wasn't enough, I've stopped blaming myself for any failures finally.

thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and words.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
you did what had to be done S4L.

scooby had a good life for a while thanks to you. sorry it didn't work the way you wanted it to

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's very quiet and sad around here, Scooby dished out a lot of love in this home every day. most of you might be familiar with the trauma and drama she provided and that I posted about, the truth is that Scooby was an ideal companion 99.99% of the time and given her activity level she was the spark @ my crib, I mean that in the kindest way.

just like losing any other dog of mine I find myself thinking I can see her out of the corner of my eye, mostly I imagine she's peeking out of her kennel as in the picture above. Scooby never got competitive when I doled out meaty treats from my plate, she sat shoulder to shoulder with Alice as I'd give equal portions to each as I'd mention each dogs name in turn.

Scooby was a good little girl, I'm sorry if I've mislabeled her here, the good days far outnumbered the bad. very obedient, quick to learn boundaries.

Scooby treated strangers like friends and friends like family. I saw 2 dogs approaching my home, they were on my driveway and Scooby was heading over to them, no doubt she could have shredded them, I called out "No!" & "Come!" and she came running back to me w/out hesitation. when we were outside I'd tell her to stay with me, and she wouldn't leave my side, riveted to me. She was really a remarkable dog. like I said before, things are quiet here now, we're all a bit sad.

Last edited:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
my in laws have a dog and he is the nicest most gentle dog, you would never think he is dangerous all he wants is his belly rubbed, but when some one comes into the house or tries to leave he is a maniac. hes bitten me and allot of other people numerous times. so i understand how much a dog can change Jekyll and Hyde. he to is a rescue dog but the breed he is are always grumpy little shits.

your after having a death in the family of course your going to still see scooby. i dont know what id do if anything happens my little fella. not worth thinking of :(

keep your head up and give alice some extra love :)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

here's a dog that's way possessive about his pillow.......

aaff5516_zpsqpnjvdj8.gif

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
ha ha ha, my uncle always tells me that dogs are dogs and you can never trust them with kids ever.

i think its a good rule of thumb.

the guilt i have felt all week, first week back in work and i have to leave my dog here on his own all day. the look he gives me when im leaving lol hes not impressed.

will you get any more pets S4L ?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Alice has been through enough, I'm going to wait until she's gone before I get another dog, she deserves to be my one and only but she hates to be left alone. for now I can take Alice everywhere in the car, warmer weather I can't.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scooby just loved her bedside kennel, and that little green fleecy blanket too, I'd have to say that it was her 'security blanket'

1390e9fa-f292-493c-af08-c1807e8d3bbb_zpsemcy32pz.jpg

I'd find her in deep sleep like this when I'd pull it out of her kennel.

24cfe874-735d-4cba-9ca7-494130d09f84_zpsle1zyp9w.jpg

and this is probably one of the last times the girls were allowed to snuggle due to Scooby's issues.

4d7e2f5c-4c67-4d6f-9f0d-bcc3b087b61e_zpsuftxhykk.jpg

05c51f54-2816-4419-ace7-f29271ec6e27_zpsirvh9yec.jpg

and sometimes she'd go rogue stripping my bed to satisfy that jones.

8c2b4c7d-4820-4fab-8263-292b1b9c6a32_zpseqx5uoji.jpg

Scooby loved to be under those blankets because it's the way we snuggled , she curl up facing me as I'd lay on my left side, I'd rest my arm pillow and blanket over her, Scooby would then be buried and she'd remain motionless until I woke to get up. She connected herself being covered with the closeness and love of our snuggles.

I cry day & night right now but I'm lucky as I usually come out of it laughing as I recall some of her antics, the one thing I never got a picture of was the way she'd slip halfway into my lap from under the desk; she'd stretch and flex her body resting her front paws in my lap, she'd then let out a little affirmation sneeze which I'd return to her, sometimes we'd have a little sneeze-fest back n' forth, that shit would wind her up quick which always prompted me to take the girls outside so Scooby could power down a bit.

MJBadger

Veteran
Sorry to hear the news S4L , PC fried so I have been off a few weeks till I got another , lost around a 1000 pics including most of the dogs .

You remember I had the same issues with my AB , as soft as shit for months then bang , bad bite from nowhere leaving me with gaping wounds & fractured toes . I gave her 3 chances & told her next time you be gone . It`s hard but has to be done . Give that lovely lady Alice a cuddle for me & wish you both well .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thnx Badger, I know how bad you felt when it came to your girl, poor Scooby never would understand that she couldn't possess me alone, Alice will eventually grow old, fragile and unable to endure those attacks. and never mind me huh? my left forearm looks Frankenstein-ish, my left leg looks like a werewolf got me.......

277a6450-9085-433e-bc4d-7cb24532a3d2_zpsdyrnhuuq.jpg

the other side of my arm was similarly ventilated by her lower canines, plus she got got me closer to the elbow w/her 1st chomp.

ca3deba4-d4d1-4fe0-9f93-5a898b7b3fb6_zpshzsccv4g.jpg

took these pics last night, the color has gone way down on that leg bite :)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm already getting offers, here are 5 out of the 7 available to me from a somewhat local litter

ScreenHunter_240%20Feb.%2014%2014.33_zpsiyqf0un2.jpg

it would kill Alice to have a puppy invade her space now, she's enjoying her 1 on 1 time with me too much lately.......

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes.
Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.