What's new

Scooby is gone.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
good to know about the apple cider vinegar.

next dog i want is an english bulldog. my fella gets lonely he needs a friend.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good to know about the apple cider vinegar.

I hear that mixing it w/plain yogurt is best, then adding to the kibble, one batch at a time of course. 50# dog gets 1 Tbsp ACV mixed into 2-3 Tbsp yogurt twice a week for regular maintenance if no problems or symptoms were exhibited; if the dog was suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI) then like a medicine it is given in the same dose as above (adjust up or down for your own dogs weight) twice a day for 10-14 days.

idk, the yogurt may provide some important enzymes or nutrients and work in conjunction w/the ACV.

Kayla's experience with a UTI ~ antibiotics & apple cider vinegar from another thread.

her symptoms for the UTI (1st time) were the constant need to pee but when doing so only a few drops would come out, she would hit 10-15 phantom pees then want to come inside. Every half hour on the half hour, enough to drive you crazy. I took her to the vet, an exam some antibiotics & $285 later we were on our way home. about 3 days later she started to pee comfortably again, of course we finished her antibiotics regimen for the full 2 weeks.

nine months later the same problem manifests itself with Kayla (2nd and final time) again, I hated that veterinarian and didn't want to fork over another $3Bills to him, I turned to the net for homeopathic remedies.

I found the ACV treatment for UTI's and decided to follow it out. I doctored up the ACV in something tasty & fed it to Kayla, of course soon after eating she needed to pee, she went out & hit a good 10 spots as per her existing issues.

an hour later I invited her to go out again and she did, she took one long wizz and then came inside and fell asleep for several hours, the ACV treatment had worked in 1.5 hours, she slept like a baby. I don't know how many times I shook my head in disbelief as to the speed & efficiency of the acv.

Antibiotics = 3 days time to get to comfort level, then a recurrence 9 months later and of course there's the $$$ involved.

Apple cider vinegar = 1.5 hours to comfort level and never occurring again, $1.39 total.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

she's doing great, no issues w/Alice.

she's spending a bit more time than usual locked in her kennel as opposed to the door being unlatched w/her in it. she loves being in the kennel but I'm sure she somewhat resents being locked in. And that only happens when Alice wants the bed, those 2 will never be able to mingle on the bed ever again.

I bought both the girls nice plush beds, Alice no longer has a pile of old blankets (a pain in my ass to wash) & Scooby has one I place on the bed outside her kennel door, neither of them have tried to claim the others bed :) Scooby's been enjoying her plushy like it was a trip to Hawaii every day, Alice's plushy (like the blankets) is on the floor.

I still remind Scooby to be nice to Alice, and I still show her my arm that she bit; Scooby cowers w/both of those reminders, I won't let her forget.

We're heading into a long winter where our activity level will be down, I'll be watching for signs of pent up energy which might manifest into aggression. Again, I have to expect some sort of bickering between the dogs from time to time, and as that will never again happen with me sleeping in the dark I expect to be able to minimize any fights to less than 3 or 4 seconds before chasing Scooby off of Alice who is usually not bit.

MJBadger

Veteran
the yogurt may provide some important enzymes or nutrients

It doe`s , have used it for years & it works wonders on a dogs stomach & digestion . I use low-fat but the bummer is low-fat is usually sweetened with so much sugar it`s a trade off between that & extra fat in the diet .

blastfrompast

Veteran
ur a good man to put up with 2 bitches fighting...I had a similar situation with 2 GSD's. Everything would be fine for months....even up to almost a year...then over the smallest little thing (crumb of food for example)...it would be ww3...

Nothing like getting in between a 90lb sheperd and a 80lbs one....I perfected the technique tho...Grab and twist the neck hair and put them both on the ground.....They drop like rocks...I suspect it is similar to a mother dog grabbing a baby dog by the scruff of the neck....

We only have the youngest GSD now....and our DUKE dog....male this time...they get along great..he is submissive to her...and she is the Queen...

I will never again put 2 females together in our household....

Freet

This dog is not for you.... When you look at the grief you've brought to your other dog, how do you justify that... What are you willing to sacrifice for this dog? The assumption, as you said in the first line of the thread, was that she did what she did, because you hadn't given her what she wanted, needed or desired.. That means you don't understand this breed... Raised from a pup and socialized with pets and people, you couldn't ask for a better dog...
Snoopy could have easily killed your other dog in short order, and if she had taken you by the face, removed half of it...... When they attack people, they almost always go for the face if they can, you were lucky....... This dog has turned on you, and will again if she feels that's what she needs, wants or desires.. She stands at the top of her world, every thing else comes in second place.... If she does not bring more grief to you, she may well to someone else.. I'm not saying this in a mean way, not to hurt your feelings... You do what you can to save what you can, but you can't save every thing.... It's like passing a loaded gun around... That's just how I see situation...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ur a good man to put up with 2 bitches fighting...I had a similar situation with 2 GSD's. Everything would be fine for months....even up to almost a year...then over the smallest little thing (crumb of food for example)...it would be ww3...

Nothing like getting in between a 90lb sheperd and a 80lbs one....I perfected the technique tho...Grab and twist the neck hair and put them both on the ground.....They drop like rocks...I suspect it is similar to a mother dog grabbing a baby dog by the scruff of the neck....

We only have the youngest GSD now....and our DUKE dog....male this time...they get along great..he is submissive to her...and she is the Queen...

I will never again put 2 females together in our household....

yeah, once Alice is gone I'll keep Scooby as the solo canine unit until she also passes, I'm sure her mind will really be put at ease when she isn't considering competition over coveted items like the pillows. after that I'll have to think about doubling up my dogs, fem/fem or male/fem. I prefer bitches because they stay close to home.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so me & Hank are kicked back enjoying a buzz when Scooby goes ballistic on Alice, I pull Scooby away but she's latched on, I tackle Scooby and she breaks her assault on Alice.......

then she turned on me. she bit me on both legs which barely broke the skin but she tore up my left arm again, my arm is forever marked by Scooby, it'll be my reminder of her I guess.

I'm already too infirmed and too old to be living with a dangerous dog so this is really the end for Scooby, this will be the end of me living a life of vigilance and worry when I turn my back on my two dogs being together; just as recently as yesterday I'd locked Scooby in her kennel so I could take a crap free of worry of fighting dogs, it's not right to live that way.

Anyway tonight's fight was witnessed by my friend Hank, he loves Scooby immensely, he rescued her from this same fate in post #1, tonight he's sitting here on call for taking me to the ER, I've got a hematoma on my left arm that looks like half a golf ball is buried in there, and fuck, there's a lot of blood about my crib this time.

Scooby done punched her own ticket, I can't risk my own health and/or life any longer, 3 strikes you're out.

I'm gonna rescue a poodle or corgi next time.

Last edited:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
you did what could stoner4life, she has had her chance. many other people would have gotten rid of her after the first attack.

hope you get well soon and your arm heels ok.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

oh yeah, as usual Alice was laying down minding her own business when Scooby attacked her, I'm so tired of this shit.

ScreenHunter_242%20Feb.%2003%2004.15_zpsclraomob.jpg

there were 3 puddles of blood about this size, it was running out of me fast and we were close to just bolting to the hospital but I figured I'd give it some time and it finally slowed enough that I was comfortable self medicating.......

the fact is if Scooby had only gone after Alice it would be forgivable, but going after me for the 3rd time is not.

72990a87-5db1-4b73-a160-f9aaba31db6d_zpsziaumupk.jpg

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
jes man thats allot of blood to loose from a pet attack or any attack for that matter.

will your friend take her again ?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jes man thats allot of blood to loose from a pet attack or any attack for that matter.

will your friend take her again ?

he was here @ the moment of the attack, the dogs were literally @ his feet, he screamed "where's your gun? where's your gun???" once he saw that Scooby had me, but I figured he'd shoot me instead.

he had nothing redeeming to say about Scooby after this passed assault, he had nothing but disdain for her behavior. Hank loves her but she really has to be considered a true danger.

she snaps into such a vicious assault with no provocation that it leaves a person (Hank & I both) wondering if she's capable of going off on a person if she feels that she's competing for something that a person would be unaware of, she's dangerous to her owner.

truth is that this attack was quite vicious in the way Scooby would NOT let go of Alice's legs when I tried to pull those 2 apart. and then as noted she went after my legs and left arm.

Hank had seen Scooby in attack mode 2 other times, they were the usual no bite or just nipping type assaults to establish dominance. This attack here looked like Scooby was trying to eliminate the competition permanently. All Hank could say was "that dog's crazy! she has to go!" (and he didn't mean to his house this time)

I can't sleep, Scooby will be gone in a few hours.

god forgive me.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
imagine if scooby felt like a child was competition, what would be the outcome there.

you did everything you could. it must be devastating to loose a pet like this but i think you have gone down every avenue and you should not feel guilty. scooby should tahnkful to have had such a kind caring owner.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I'm truly sorry S4L, but not surprised. This was inevitable. Something is fundamentally wrong with that dog's brain.

Follow through this time and don't even let yourself feel bad. Scooby wouldn't have lasted after one attack on me. You bent over backwards here and now you should face that your efforts are not going to stop this behavior.

Plus, Alice doesn't deserve this.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Scooby's gone now, at about 5:30 this afternoon I walked her outside and put her down w/a .22 to the brain stem, I'm glad to say she dropped where she stood, Scooby never felt a thing.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it seems like it was such a long time ago, Scooby & Alice hadn't shared snuggles in ages and eventually I was forced to forbid contact on the bed because it was only going to lead to assaults on Alice.

my girls were like 2 peas in a pod and this is the way I'd prefer to remember Scooby.

002-2-1.jpg

AS2.jpg

005-1-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

putting her down was not done in anger, and just like any other dog I've 'lost' over the years I've lit a candle which will remain burning for the next 30 days or so, it burns so that Scooby can find her way back home to us.......

Status
Not open for further replies.