What's new

schrooms. A to Z

issack

Veteran
due to a Ton of private messagese. i simply cant break down this system to everyone individualy. so I'm stating a thread to show all of you the concept of mushroom growing...this is a fun thing to do while we wait on our plants to bud. this system will get you about pound of schrooms in one week after caps start popping up.
First i will break down what you need to start...then i will get into the incubation procces and injecting spores into malt powder and finch seed.

notice how the fish pump lines run into the bubbler tube. tubes then pumped from the bubbler back into the totes to create humidity..humidity needs to be 92, and temps need to be around 82 83...this is the grow chamber where we spread our germinated finch seed and then a thin layer of dung based compost soil over top( i will get into that later)

now we have our incubation box. this is two totes put together.. the first tote has about 4 inches of water with the heater in it set to 82. then the second tote sits on the water with the lid on it so it can keep a constant tempreture as we incubate our spores

you will need a pressure cooker and i pint jars to cook the malt powder and finch seed in

this is the steral box where we work on injecting the spores into the malt powder. first. after the malt powder grows mycillia we then inject into the finch seed that is also pressure cooked..i will explain later how we culture the malt powder in the incubator

these plastic jars work wonders for growing mycillia as we incubate.

ok guys i have to get back to work...i cant stress enough HOW STERAL AND CLEAN YOU NEED TO BE IN THIS PROCCES.. i have lost many of batches due to a little contamination..contamination could mean one airboren spore of mold in the air..whenever you work in the steral box you need to spray down with lysol and the room you're in as well. everything has to be cooked and steralized that is used to grow...i will explain later as i am doing a batch of schroom right now...so i will show as i grow for all of you to play with that want to AND HAVE FUN!!!!! enjoy friends....peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Im watching man.....I read in the last weed world, someonewent onto a simple method of doing it on popcorn and just growing em in the casing jars.....small amounts obviously, but I cant wait to see this done and done rioght..... who knows, maybe ill even have a bash ata it myself.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
woh. Neet bro. Ill be watchin.. I tried growin shrooms once, and horribly failed.

thanks for the thread,

G

LMAO. Man I wanna get some spores and grow em sooooo badly, but the ex just don't understand that shrooms ain't the same thing as droping Vitamin A....sigh....probably just as well, I loved them damn things.

Would like to see an update tho issack..........

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
but the ex just don't understand that shrooms ain't the same thing as droping Vitamin A.

I used to think of shrooooms as "acid lite" if you will ~but you eat the wrong ones or too many or whatever, you can get very sick and have a very bad experience. You all be careful, its not like candy.

Last edited:

KYHomeGrown

it is physically impossible to overdose on shrooms, you just need to know the source and what to expect from this unique experience, i have used them quite a few times and find them very interesting

JetUsUp

ive dont both schrooms and acid before. the schrooms were much more enjoyable. i didnt like puking after the blot of acid. bad thing to try...

im awaiting an update. maybe you could make a list of all the materials needed, but im still pretty lost as to what does what.

nycnoob

lols I am lost.. but i will reread this thread and look at the pics over.. nice glad that you want to help the fellow members on how to grow shrooms.. I was think that you were growing schrom sister, suddenly schrom, and schroomy deeze and org schrom.. lol.. great job

G

cough_cough_eer said:
I used to think of shrooooms as "acid lite" if you will ~but you eat the wrong ones or too many or whatever, you can get very sick and have a very bad experience. You all be careful, its not like candy.

Very very true, know what ya got and never overdue it. Start small and work your way up after you know what the full effects of what ya started with are.Always helps to have 1 person stay straight, but it ain't no fun for him

issack

Veteran
HEY GUYS...BACK!!!!!...been working hard on my next grow room so have'nt had much time...sorry HARRY!!

JETUSUP. if you click on the pics you can see everything you need for the grow chamber...just ask if you still dont know..

COUGH_EER..thanks for the motherly advice. I'm sure we have all heard about what society wants everyone to think about mushrooms...KYHOMEGROWN is right ..it is impossible...but still yet....someone with a not so stable mind will not do well with the affects....

I have hopefully coverd what we need for the grow chamber...now we will get into the spore injection procces...

for those of you who need spores and REALLY GOOD ONES go to ....thehawkseye.com..
when you go to the main page and scroll down a bit..you'll see the faries under the mushrooms...my brother did that picture..

the spores we are doing now are TREASURE COAST. a verry big flusher and a nice clean mind high.

ok we have a 1 pint jar. malt powder you got from a beer brewer, distiled water, a pressure cooker, and a marble...

in the one pint jar put 250ml of distiled water and 2tbs of malt powder. drop a nice fat marble in and screw the lid on and as soon as the lid starts to tighten back it off a bit. now get a piece of tin foil and form a nice seal over the lid( this keeps the malt powder solution steral while cooling)
set pressure cooker to 15 pounds and cook jar for 20 minutes..let pressure cooker boil on high then turn down and let simmer...about 2 inches of water in the cooker is needed.

remove jar and set out untill cool enough to grab...using sergical gloves place jar in steral glove box spray lysol....not too much..in the glove box and let sit over night.

next we inject spores into the malt powder solutin...

while jar is in the glove box using sergical gloves. carfully open jar and inject spores from the syringe( spary box with lysol before this procces...remember the key is STERAL)
close jar and transfer into the incubator set at 82 to 85 degrees with the fish heater and two totes put together like i have in the pics.
three times a day you need to swirl the contents in the jar around and let the marble mix all the malt powder up. this makes the spores spred as the feed off the malt powder. depending on the strain you have you will start seeing in a short amount of time....like 3 days...wisps of white milky substance stretghing in strings in the solution..look for a ring to form around the very top of the water. once this ring becomes very noticable we will then go to the next faze...and when i get there i will be back...i just made this solution two days ago so it shoud take about 7 or 8 days...i used a spore print and we have never tried useing spore prints before...if it doesnt work i will have to order some spores in a syringe..if it does then my spore printing was a succes!!!. that means i have enough spore prints to grow an ton..one spore print made from a single cap will give you about 24 batches..each yielding over a pound...so my sugestion is by a bunch of killer spores and grow each of them and spore print them all...i will cover spore printing when i get to that stage...wich will be soon...

hey glad you guys are enjoying I'm haveing fun too!!!! it's a blast.. meanwhile i have had a huge infestation of ROOT AFIDS and i'm trying to deal with it and my plants are going down hard...not happy!!!!

glove box where we keep a very steral invironment...i mean VERY!!

malt powder

G

bummer about the aphids bro, sorry to hear it.They will ruina plamt fast, going to your other thread to see how ya deal with it.

G

you might want to get some

shoulder length gloves

for that glovebox

because with those open arm holes you really dont have

a still air environment at all
:)

also

it would be better to use
quarts

or even mycobags instead of those pint jars.

issack

Veteran
THE_DAMINAL so i see you have done this procces before... well i have tried quart jars but the lids rust and contam...you will see why i use the plastic when i get to that stage...the finch seed goes in the platic jars...you will see..
if you spray the room and box with lysol then it is fine ...i have done this many times and i know what works...
So please tell us more about your method......i'm waiting

G

okay
step 1.

dump your corn into your pc (i use a mirro 22qt. works great.)

fill the rest of the way up with water, leave an inch or two from the top so it can build pressure put the lid on and leave it for about an hour and a half, depending on how much you have it could be faster or slower, i did 25 lbs in 2 cookers ended up doing it about 80 minutes

step 2. (do this while the corn is cooking, trust me.)

take your quart jars and fill them to about the first line with dry vermiculite, this will absorb all the extra moisture that may have stayed on the popcorn kernels, and will also act as a knife cutting the mycelium...we're not going to shake our jars, instead we will gently roll them, the verm will do all the separating and spreading we need, and this will give a much better recovery /dispersion rate than slamming them around inside the jar(shaking.)

step 3.

dump all the starchy crappy water out of the cooker and refill it with cold water, dump out, refill with cold water, dump out. by now you should have clear water running out of the cooker!! this is a sign that all the starch has been removed from the water that is surrounding the corn, exactly what we want, you can do more, or less..it never hurts to do more, but really 2-3 rinses is fine.

step 4.

You're now ready to load up your jars, the best way to do this is to fill the jars with corn till you have about 1 1/4" left from the top..put a layer of tyvek, a lid that has had 4 holes punched in it (air exchange) and then another layer of tyvek on top of that and screw the lid ring down. so its tyvek-lid-tyvek-ring

step 5.

pressure cook them for an hour at 15 psi, once the steam starts to go apeshit put the rocker on the cooker and start your 60 minute count down.

step 6.

once the jars have cooled use 1 of the 4 jar holes to innoculate, cover with tape.

DO THIS UNDER A GLOVEBOX!!

step 7.

when you see mycelium developing, roll the jars gently..and enjoy.

i fruit them in a semi open air environment

spawn run to straw logs.

strain is pfc isolate or Z isolate

issack

Veteran
yeah i have tried the corn log method and it does not even compair to the finch seed with compost spread over ....the yeild is amazing with this method...but thanks for sharing man..

G

i am harvesting nearly

5.5oz per log
and i can fit 6 logs per greenhouse...sooo its great for the lack of effort required.

issack

Veteran
cool beans dude!!!!..you should try the malt powder method...one syringe of spores after growing in malt powder will give you enough mycelium to grow a fuckin forest!!!...i keep it in the fridge and use it over and over

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
This great guys....and now the 2 of you with 2 different methods described its great.
dan, the popcorn is a bit closer to what I saw in the last weedworld, Im determined to go pickiong this year as i havent done it for years lol, (therre is a wood nearby where liberty caps grow) so come the season ill be out with the hound,.....looking for cowshit.
I might just have a go at thios guys , ill have a look at sporeworks and see whats on offer then start getting some shit together.

Thanks for this guys....fascinating stuff

Latest posts

Latest posts