What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scattered Sermons & Seed Stockade

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
What do you guys do to stress test your plants? What are you hoping to do and accomplish?

stressing males to see if they'd pass intersex traits... something I've done, but talkin with Tonygreen recently added a few items to the list..

underwatering, overwatering, heat and cold, light cycle interruptions, root binding, rootball pruning, topping and supercropping mid flower...

see how easy he throws hairs... see if he's worth using... try to avoid a whole hermied out generation of seeds

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
So I guess I'm gonna let AO go a lil longer... get a bit more out of him... then I got a FloScout gettin ready to make some pollen next up there... still gotta take cuts and clean him up a bit... gettin cuts of the BMR ready as well so I can get him goin...

HatchBrew

Veteran
So I guess I'm gonna let AO go a lil longer... get a bit more out of him... then I got a FloScout gettin ready to make some pollen next up there... still gotta take cuts and clean him up a bit... gettin cuts of the BMR ready as well so I can get him goin...

That's great to hear! Work for all he's worth.

What is the flavor profile is Flo?

Current Stock of seeds to play with:

Hillbilly's
Grimace-double purp cross
Hashberry x ACDC

Bogglegum (bubblegum x NL5) -BOG

Cherry Pie x Gogi
Hells angel x Lemon thai

Strain/Company

Deep Chunk x Haze F2

Malawi
Luang Prabang Lao

Cloud 9-Dinafem
Super Critical Haze-dinafem

Hash Plant x Phantom Cookie f1s & f2s (variety of moms--3 or 4. Single papa)
Phantom Cookie f2s
Afghani x Blue Diesel

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'm lookin at things to crack as well... but I'm holding off a bit as I have some interesting new things waitin on me...

Avi.. what male you thinkin bout runnin next?

HatchBrew

Veteran
What's on everyone's to find list?

I'm looking for some blueberry goodness. I had a x18 (tom hill) this past fall that was sour apple amazingness...lost the plant & had terrible experience trying to start more seeds of it. That's on the list to find again. Been craving some sour notes and trying to find a great afghani or hash plant again.

Need to get what I have going moving along prior to popping anymore seeds. But still have that itch.

Summer solstice is 58 days away!!!

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'm lookin towards something sour currently as well... especially lookin for daddies for catpiss... got some chem d pollen gonna be on the way to me soon... once I reverse a catpiss, it can hit some chem and diesel cuts... I want a tongue coating funk...

HatchBrew

Veteran
I'm lookin towards something sour currently as well... especially lookin for daddies for catpiss... got some chem d pollen gonna be on the way to me soon... once I reverse a catpiss, it can hit some chem and diesel cuts... I want a tongue coating funk...

I think we both have had sour on our minds since last fall!!

Liking the chem I have going outside. Got a cut of it in veg, haven't smoked it yet, but so far it is making to the next round. Will harvest soon enough.

It got some of the Ashratu pollen on it too. Just a small nug, but some seeds nonetheless.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Man that hashplant x phatom has a nice stack to him. I think I have a nice hashplant that could benefit and make some aesome beans from that pollen. I just gotta get the hashplant cut from my local buddy. This thing is supposed to finish first week of sept. And is supposed to smell and taste like Concord grapes. She is also suppsoed to throw football sized buds outside and big huge buds inside and super crazy frosty.

I really liked how the HPxPC came out. Have three of my favorite's flowering now. One leans HP one leans PC and the third is the middle ground.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm running bogs Blue Kush which is BMRxSour Bubble. I'm going to cross it with SG's kraken. Hoping for something nice out of that.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
gotta love BOG strains... solid work... my Sour bubble male stacks up nice and frosts up in between the flowers... seems quite stable so far... gonna do more stressing next run, but gotta get BMR pollen first... either would bx well on that one I bet.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta love BOG strains... solid work... my Sour bubble male stacks up nice and frosts up in between the flowers... seems quite stable so far... gonna do more stressing next run, but gotta get BMR pollen first... either would bx well on that one I bet.

For sure. Both have an upright structure to them. One is tighter on the internodal spacing. The tighter one is a bit wider.

It's time to flower or transplant them.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
What I've been doing for stressing is to take multiple cuts... the one above the fridge in flower gets light leaks over and under watering and supercropping... another will just get rootbound and possibly then root pruned just before flipping it then I will be adding heat and cold.. the 3rd cut is kept happy to continue if the others stay strong and recover quickly... recovery speed from the various stresses shows general vigor...

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok. These gals are reaching for the sun. They are quite vigorous. Glad I topped at 8 internodes. Since I need some time to clone I'll TP and top again.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well ?

Well ?

What's on everyone's to find list?

I'm looking for some blueberry goodness. I had a x18 (tom hill) this past fall that was sour apple amazingness...lost the plant & had terrible experience trying to start more seeds of it. That's on the list to find again. Been craving some sour notes and trying to find a great afghani or hash plant again.

Need to get what I have going moving along prior to popping anymore seeds. But still have that itch.

Summer solstice is 58 days away!!!

I have been on a hunt for something along the line of old school blueberry myself since loosing my old blueberry sativa cut in 04 that was selected from dj seeds pre2k. Well recently my buddy was able to track my old cut down from a friend of a friend it's been so many years since I seen or grew her but I am 99.999% certain it's my cut like it's supposed to be but in reality I have to grow it to be 100% certain and also make sure she hasn't lost anything over the years. Soon I'll find out for sure because after this run comes down she will be going right in.

I have some pollen in mind that I do wanna throw at her. The first males on my mind my buddy has and I have to pick them up. They are from greenbeanz seeds 97 blueberry bx or bx1. My buddy has all females and males from that pack waiting for me to pick up.

Next male blue ox could possibly do the job as well.

But in all honestly I am looking forward to reversing the white to hit the blueberry with. I feel the white will add nice density and insane frost to the blueberry and most likely let the mom shine through.

Last but not least option would be to reverse my blueberry cut to my blueberry cut and just make S1's.

In reality I will most likely try all these options and see which one throws atleast a true blueberry pheno like the mommy in the seedline and that will be the male or female I'll use to make true blueberry flavored and smelling like the old school blueberry that everyone loved from late 90's to early 2000's that seemed to vanish and hopefully get them out to friends for preservation.

If y'all can't tell that blueberry is my holygrail weed best I have ever smoked to date! Just hope that my cut hasn't lost anything over the years we have been apart.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I threw down some Nocturnal lookin for that blueberry but apparently these newer ones have poor germination rates... got 9 to sink and they went in a cloth but hadnt cracked last I checked this morning... might just do the rest but not sure as of now...

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I had a good productive day today...
I been puttin this off for weeks... partly because I needed to borrow a few tools...
like a MIG welder...

Had some beat up rusty hinge pins with busted bushings...
the door was sagging like inner city kids pants beltlines...

17065437937_d5dbb52170_b.jpg

You may also notice the door spring is completely absent...

17272352231_5a1172455b_b.jpg

So I finally beat out the old and got some new bushings and hinge pins in there...
I also chose to grind the rivet out on that swinging arm for the door spring to get it out of my way...

17086661949_637f7cf539_b.jpg

And that only left me the problem that the sagging door caused... which was hangin by a thread...

17065435707_22c8aa18e5_b.jpg

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
So first, I found a piece of scrap bullshit and cut it into a rectangle....
I torched it, beat on it, and got it into the shape I liked...

17272853285_186654e0aa_b.jpg

Now I dont actually do this often at all... but I managed to stumble my way through it..
The frame is about as thin as a beer can especially with the rust...
Burned through 3 times and had to build the metal back up...
came out a bit ugly at first, but it bonded...

17272347031_9a91c9da33_b.jpg

After a lil second with a spinning wheel, it grinded out to somethin a lil better lookin...

17065430877_8576781062_b.jpg

16652628593_85f4abde01_b.jpg

Slapped on a lil paint to keep the rust away, and I can now close my damn door without it bustin off...

17246860196_b4849ca147_b.jpg

Time to relax for the evening...

HatchBrew

Veteran
Is that the door for the bean motel?

haha...Pull your door up sunny!!! No good lousy kids walking around with their gaskets showing.

HatchBrew

Veteran
I have been on a hunt for something along the line of old school blueberry myself since loosing my old blueberry sativa cut in 04 that was selected from dj seeds pre2k. Well recently my buddy was able to track my old cut down from a friend of a friend it's been so many years since I seen or grew her but I am 99.999% certain it's my cut like it's supposed to be but in reality I have to grow it to be 100% certain and also make sure she hasn't lost anything over the years. Soon I'll find out for sure because after this run comes down she will be going right in.

I have some pollen in mind that I do wanna throw at her. The first males on my mind my buddy has and I have to pick them up. They are from greenbeanz seeds 97 blueberry bx or bx1. My buddy has all females and males from that pack waiting for me to pick up.

Next male blue ox could possibly do the job as well.

But in all honestly I am looking forward to reversing the white to hit the blueberry with. I feel the white will add nice density and insane frost to the blueberry and most likely let the mom shine through.

Last but not least option would be to reverse my blueberry cut to my blueberry cut and just make S1's.

In reality I will most likely try all these options and see which one throws atleast a true blueberry pheno like the mommy in the seedline and that will be the male or female I'll use to make true blueberry flavored and smelling like the old school blueberry that everyone loved from late 90's to early 2000's that seemed to vanish and hopefully get them out to friends for preservation.

If y'all can't tell that blueberry is my holygrail weed best I have ever smoked to date! Just hope that my cut hasn't lost anything over the years we have been apart.

____
Blueberry, S.A.G.E., dumpster, & ECSD some of my top fav smokes. Damn showing my great lake colors... god damn mistake on the lake :)
Along with various Sativa candidates.

Some blueberry to SG's Nocturnal-blueberry muff cut- would be a great combo.

Going to go comb thru the greenhouse see if anymore are sexed yet. Couple ladies & dudes have already identified themselves.