What's new

SB 374 Will prevent Nevadans from growing their own!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Politics makes strange bedfellows.....

This bill is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I would hope no votes came because the bill was anti patient and anti freedom and anti equal protections, but when the most decent and ethical seem to be the prohibitionists then the situation is dire in deed.

:joint:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Prohibitionist-

Voting no-

Cegavske, Barbara
Gustavson, Donald
Hardy, Joseph
Settelmeyer, James

resinryder

Veteran
It isn't on the agenda for the Assembly Judiciary Committee for tomorrow. It would have to be heard on Saturday at the latest to even be put forward for a vote before the deadline.

Anteah

Yes seems like that may be the case. I don't suppose they can meet on Sunday, can they? I think i seen another committee was scheduled for this Sunday.. if so that gives it one more day.

Anteah

And also something tells me that at this very late point in this whole process it would be unwise of them to make any amendments if they want this bill to pass. Even if they wanted to amend it, i doubt they'd have time for it because that means that after assembly the thing would have to go back to Senate, if I am not mistaken and it barely has any time now to even go through Assembly. So either the grandfathering part was a lie just so we relax and get off of their backs or it will have to be done in some other way.. which is also kind of fishy. Id rather have a law that states i am allowed to grow rather than some health department back office equilibristics that for all i know metro may just laugh at while hauling us to jail.

I think we need to double down on calls and email to Assembly Judiciary Committee again. Just to be safe. All we really are asking is DO NOT PASS it if the no grow issue is unaddressed. If it will be (by some miracle) great, no loss. If not (which looks more and more likely) then I think they need to get an ear full about that once or twice again before they hear this bill.

resinryder

Veteran
It won't have to go back to the senate. That part is done and over. They can introduce the amendment in the Judiciary hearing and have it put into the bill before the Assembly gets to vote on it.
Tick told my friend it would be amended in the Judiciary committee an that it would have to be heard by Saturday for it to proceed for a vote.

MangoCat

I don't see how the assembly can do in four days what it took the senate four months to do.

Are these the remaining steps?

Assembly Judiciary ->Assembly Ways & Means -> Assembly Judiciary -> Full Assembly

If so, that looks like about four days work starting Saturday or Sunday maybe.....

And that is with all of the Amendments the Senate alluded to that the Assembly would need to add to "Fix the Bill," whatever the hell they meant by that.

Die Bill, Die!

resinryder

Veteran
I don't see how the assembly can do in four days what it took the senate four months to do.

Are these the remaining steps?

Assembly Judiciary ->Assembly Ways & Means -> Assembly Judiciary -> Full Assembly

If so, that looks like about four days work starting Saturday or Sunday maybe.....

And that is with all of the Amendments the Senate alluded to that the Assembly would need to add to "Fix the Bill," whatever the hell they meant by that.

Not sure if it would go through the Judiciary for a second time or not but sounds about right. I mean it did go through the Senate Finance Co twice.. If it has to go through all that it would have to get started pretty damn quick to geterdone!!

Griz66

So at this point is there still time to remove the no grow clause out of the amendment? Or at this point is it one of these options.

1. Fails and we all continue to grow our 3 mature 4 immature plants.

2. Passes and we are all screwed starting Jan 2014?

3. Passes and we are grandfathered in until 2015?

4. Passes and they amend the no grow crap? Which it sounds like there would not be time :*(

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
5. Dies on the floor or in committee and they have to wait two years to try and screw you over.

Griz66

I would be fine with that Hydro :) like many have said, leave me to my little 7 plant empire and im happy lol. . Its really lame to because I just started growing this spring after investing over $1000 in equipment. Man o man I am on pins and needles.

resinryder

Veteran
3. Passes and we are grandfathered in until 2015?

4. Passes and they amend the no grow crap? Which it sounds like there would not be time :*(

It's my understanding they have the amendment ready to go You'd be surprised how quickly they can do what they do when they want to.

HUGE

Veteran
It's my understanding they have the amendment ready to go You'd be surprised how quickly they can do what they do when they want to.

I'm sure they do. I'm sure the real players have been crafting it carefully since we started yelling. It wil get discussed and passed very quickly. Someone involved in the scene here from the start told me they have been working on this for some time and its basically a done deal and we aee all fucked. Not sure if he is right but it seems that way.