What's new

Sativa Soul's Grow Diary

Sativa Soul

Hi there! Here we are again with more pics.

The Banana Haze banana pheno is today in it's 5th week of flower. She starting to look very nice but has started getting a bit yellow since a week and a half ago. It looks like a nitrogen and magnesium deficiency but feeding didn't really seem to have worked. She'll probably be fine but it bugs me a bit she didn't respond to the things I've tried to make her better. Her pH seems to be right. Well see how it goes the next few days.
Like her mother she develops from bottom to top. The lower buds have a bit more frost on them. Her crystals are also very shiny the blink like silver and gold little diamonds sometimes. I have never seen this on outdoor plants so I think it's just some indoor thing. Looks nice.

Here the pictures! :jump: You can really start to see where she got her name from.

Sativa Soul

Not a single reply in 3 weeks :nono: . But I'm not giving up. Here's a written update, pics will follow later.

I have now 2 females from the 11 seeds I started (The ones from core). 4 are still seedlings and unsexed. I've got one CT fem and a PC fem. There growing good and the CT female will be put into flower somewhere next week I think.

I'm having a little problem with my second pheno from my banana haze F2's. This one is definetely not a keeper. She has much lower calix to leaf ratio and seems to be very prone to stress and herming. I've found a few male flowers the previous days and it seems like some pollen has been released as I saw a seed developing already. :cuss: .
I'm gonna try and keep her as long as possible and give her a serious nanner check up every day. She's now 5 weeks into flower so if I chop her now she'll hardly be smokeable.

The nice pheno of the Banana Haze F2's (called the banana pheno) hasn't shown any male flowers yet, altough she did catch a little bit of pollen I think.
The mag deficiency doesn't really get better and the only mag she gets is the one in my blooming ferts. But that doesn't seem to be enough. I really need to get me some magnesium for my grow cause my clones from her are starting to show the same deficiencies. I'm not to close to any hydro or gardening stores so maybe someone knows a good alternative?
She's @ 6 weeks btw. I'm probably gonna let her go 11 weeks, maybe 12 if needed.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OHW MAN THATS A SHAME !!!! no visits :confused:
sorry man i woz out of buissiness for more then a week...could't do much at all....even could't update the own thread..But i'm here now...:D we need to stick together man :wink:
you left some nice pics while i woz gone...seriously..these look very good bro !!
good to hear you got some girls out of it..my ratio is quite good untill now...
my CT's came out 6/10 female and as it looks now the mongruls will be 7 or 8 outta 10 wil be-e female also :D
could't sex the PC's though..I had them under TL's so they did't grew as much as the others...Nway all looks good here ...i'll drop by again soon :wink: :wave:

128475_maart_2008_11_.JPG

ohw yea....don't give up my friend..it will all come to you in time...just like i started out 1 1/2 ago :wink:

Last edited:

FarOut

Lookin like Sweet Sativas bro Grow On

I don't really see the mag def but epsom salt is always a good source for mag.

Peace :rasta:

Sativa Soul

Hi core! sure we should. I'm not to bothered about the visits, we'll see them when the plants are finished :muahaha: . Glad to hear your feeling well again, I've been a bit sick too lately but nothing too bad.
I'll get a pic of the two ladies I've got from your seeds. They're looking very good. I'm sure I'll have some more luck with the rest of the seeds. I just can't start too many at a time at the moment. But I'll be getting a second veg room in some time and more place in the other one.

Hi farout. Yeah you don't really see it in the pics but some clones are starting to yellow already 3 weeks in flower and have some rusty brown spots round the veines. Don't really know where to get epsom salts but I'll dig into it maybe I can find someting nearby.

Here's yesterday's pics!

Banana Haze F2, Banana Pheno, 42 days 12/12

Banana Haze F2, leafy pheno, 35 days 12/12. She looks bit worse because of all the handling she got when searching for male flowers.

And a banana pheno clone at 4 weeks

:joint:

Last edited:

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Sativa Soul..thx man i do feel alot beter now...pitty to hear you are under the weather now...or that might of passed now hehe...Nway...about the epsom salts, i know where you can get that.....Just got to the pharmacy and ask for ....â potteke Magnesium sulfaat...but be carefull man...its strong stuff if you add any...don't give more then 1/4 to a 1/2 theaspoon...and not every time you feed !!!
ohw and good to hear you are gonne get another room,more space for shure...i'll see it when it happens i guess :smile:

Sativa Soul

Ha thnkx for the info core! Not feeling too bad anymore but thx.
Yeah you'll notice when there's new space. Just harvested about 10 banana haze F3 seeds. Not too much but there's still a lot more to come.
I think I'm gonna cross that nice CT male I have to the banana pheno just for fun. Who knows what will happen!

ciao mate

Sativa Soul

The Crash Test female will be put into flower today. Here's what she looks like. She's been fimmed so she's missing a few pieces of leaf. She didn't respond to well to it though just like her brother that got topped. So this strain is more like a one cola plant I think.
The smell is great as well. She's allmost smelling as strong in veg as my 7 weeks flowering banana haze. But the banana haze aint a strong smelling plant. She does smell lovely though.
I'm definetely going to F2 the CT as well. Maybe I'll find a nice amnesia pheno for further crossing. Since my first "breeding project" last year I've decided I will do this for fun with allmost all my plants for as long as I grow. It's just so much fun and you never know you can create something out of this world. I'll probably be able to supply all my friends with seeds and SS lines will become famous all around town! :muahaha: Just a little too much imagination, I know, and I definetely don't want any fame. I'd mostly breed for myself though I would never mind passing on genetics to other growers and friends.

Can't wait to start seeing flowers on her.
22732DSCN3207.JPG

22732DSCN3206.JPG

see ya next time :joint:

Sativa Soul

High there again!

More pictures from the banana hazes. Trichs are mostly still clear so we still have some time to go.

Banana Haze F2 A Clone, Banana Pheno @ 47 days

Banana Haze F2 A, Banana Pheno @ 54 days

Banana Haze, Leafy Pheno @ 47 days. She's starting to show some nice colours.

Last edited:

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya Sativa

aaah nice pics you left these few days...this CT you have is quite a specimen...and good to hear she already is putting of some odeur hehehe...had that with a few males of 'm...
wow and the banana haze's realy look to smoke for...and on days 47...still a bit early no?
Nway,nice work Sativa !! :yes:

Sativa Soul

Hi there C!
Yeah that CT sure looks lovely. But I think I'm gonna have to purchase my carbon filter to flower her out. I don't really need one for the banana hazes as they aren't that hard smelling. Though a good grower would be able to smell them when walking around my house, other people don't think about weed when smelling it. But I definetly need one so.
I first planned on letting the banana hazes go for around 85 days. But I'll think they'll be ready a little bit earlier. I give them both around 3 more weeks. Maybe 3 and a half.
But the problem is they allready lost a lot of their fanleaves. Especially the banana pheno. I'm not sure of they might make it that long.

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i realy would't know if she's a stinker...better take precautions my friend...some of'm do put out a weird smell already...Never had that happen to me in veg stage :chin:...so it could be a good call on your part...
bout the plants.....i woz thinking the same thing 2 be honest....i don't think you can take some of'm that long...there's to much damage on the cola leaves..it will start to produce mold when they toutch bud...
Nway i hope i'm wrong...coz there nottthing like a finished plant :smile:

Sativa Soul

I'm not too sure about the mold with the banana pheno. The damaged leaves are very dry and the buds themselves feel a bit drier too. The leafy pheno might get a little moldy if I'm unlucky but I'm not worrying to much about it yet. I'm gonna keep it in mind though and well see how long they can take it eventually.
Her new clones are doing much better so that's a good thing.

Sativa Soul

Little update and some pics

Trichs are starting to turn cloudy on the banana hazes. And the plants haven't been getting worse the last few days some I might be able to finish them. One cutting didn't make it though and was harvested at around 50 days. The smoke was okay at that point, not really potent yet but I feel it has potential. Taste could have been better but that's cause of lack of cure and early harvest. I actually forgot to say but I'm starting to think this might be some silver haze or something. I have only come across this taste once and it was in the silver haze I bought some time ago which is in my smoke report thread. I'm gonna do some more research and see if I can get some more of that silver haze for comparision.
I think most of the pics don't do justice to the resin coverage. I should take them in more natural light.

Close up
22732DSCN3341c.JPG

Beautiful Tail
22732DSCN3353.JPG

About half of the banana pheno
22732DSCN3348.JPG

one of the new banana clones
22732DSCN3379.JPG

More banana pheno

Banana haze F2, Leafy pheno
22732DSCN3365b.JPG

The crash test is doing great too! I did some training on her to keep her low cause the stretch is starting, but nothing I can't handle yet. Almost no hairs but I do already spot some occasional trichs. Seems promising.
22732DSCN3369.JPG

22732DSCN3374.JPG

22732DSCN3370.JPG

Clone

Here's a shot of the pollen chuck female I have. It'll be flowered soon.
22732DSCN3375.JPG

:joint:

Hi sativa soul!
22732DSCN3364-thumb.JPG

Ya can call me crazy but i like the look of this one even better!! although i understand it'll be a bitch to trim...
:respect:
:wave:, Low

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Damn! Where have I been all this time? That Banana Haze looks sweet. I'm doing the T*HazexSkunk#1 and I'm wondering if my buds will EVER fatten up. Looking forward to your smoke report. Carry On.