What's new

Sativa for panic attacks

Veggia farmer

Stimulants quiet ADHD people down. To them its like taking a Valium.

The way I see its hiting the frequency. If its fast, like with ADHD, it smooths out.

I have also used the same tactis on my kids, hold ya breath lol, with music..... When they are (two, ACTIVE, boys, you know the drill;) ) high up and spinning around and might getting tired and cant "get down".. What does the father do? Music, something "heavy" and with a good volume.. BAM! ZZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzz...... Doesnt ALWAYS work, but many many times it does....

goingrey

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I have recently met someone that asked for sativa (malawi x panama) to fix her panic attacks. She only uses tiny amounts but says it can stop an attack in its tracks. It goes against the usual perception of sativas causing paranoia/anxiety.

I think the key words here are "tiny amounts". Dose is everything.

packsmen

Sativa is really an inappropriate remedy for a panic attack. As far as I know, the best remedy for panic and anxiety is an Alprazolam-based drug. These pills were prescribed to me by my neurologist for many years. Panic attacks used to bother me even on my way home from work. But I realized it was bad for the body because Alprazolam is addictive, and you need to take breaks every three months. So I started looking for alternatives. Since cannabis is legal in Canada, I consulted a neurologist about psychotropics and CBD oil. The neurologist confirmed it was safe, and I started buying the oil and tinctures at https://weedofficials.com/. Since then, I have stopped having tremors in public, panic attacks, and sleep paralysis.

Last edited:

Discorilla

THCv is really good for my anxiety. I'd found more hybrids and sativas that calm me down than indicas. Some African genetics have been shown to have higher THCv levels, and there are many breeders starting to work with more Durban and other THCv varieties. THC-Victory from Dutch PAssion is supposed to be 1:1 THCv:THC, but I have not tried it out. My other guess would be CBD, but this is found in both Indicas and sativas.

revegeta666

Sam
I have ADHD and I also prefer NLD for reducing anxiety and increasing focus. Most WLD types make me feel good while leaving me mentally useless.
Same here. Also have moderate ADHD and OCD. I used to have bad anxiety for a while due to family issues and had quite a few panic attacks. In my case I noticed commercial hybrids almost always made my anxiety worse. These are usually bred for highest possible THC, paying zero attention to the quality of the effect. Strong indicas or sativas didn't help either.

As some have said, it's all about dosing. People get fixated on which strains will help them with their anxiety, but this approach is wrong in my opinion. It is known that THC is one of these substances that have Biphasic Effects. Which means that it may have different, even OPPOSITE effects depending on the dose. Which is why therapists are also using microdosing with psylocybin, ketamine and others with success. They use microdoses of psylocybin to fix depression and lift your mood. Now try to take mushrooms in huge doses all day long, like a lot of people consume weed. Not the same effect on the mind to be sure.

Terpenes also modulate the effects of THC, and you can have some NLD strains, that contain myrcene for example which is usually associated with narcotic WLD strains. Or indicas that contain limonene. That can have some influence on the effect but dosing is the biggest part in the equation.

Lastly, trying to solve one's mental issues smoking huge amounts of weed or any drug, is just plain stupid. Cannabis is not some magic spiritual hippie plant. It's just a drug, like every other plant or pharmaceutical used in medicine. Trying to use Cannabis to help you with anxiety is a personal journey, that IMO should start with moderation.

EDIT - by the way, when I was having multiple panic attacks a day, the only thing that worked as intended 100% of the time,in a matter of 2-3 minutes, was a drug called Rivotril (Clonazepam). I was warned by the psychiatrist this was a potent drug and could be dangerous if not used sparingly. I only used it when feeling a panic attack was coming. Panic attacks stopped right away almost like snapping your fingers. Drawbacks were it was quite zombifying and felt super tired, but it did the job I am so glad I listened to the advice of the psychiatrist instead of trying to fix my issues blindly. Still have the bottle in a drawer, never touched it again once. Nasty drug. But it helped me in a way cannabis never could. Anxiety is one thing but if you're having full on panic attacks, go to a professional instead of asking some stoners for strain recommendations lmfao.

Last edited:

romanoweed

yeah, i have the feeling the Goverment or the Pharmalogists or whoever have unlikely tested how old 70s Sativas with 20 Week Flowering affect an "Anxietyprone " Person.

They have at max tested some fake Durban with some hidden Afghani in it. And called it Sativa.

Do you think im right ?

So yeah, if someone smokes 20 weeker old Sativa , here might be hidden potential. But sadly these Strains are veeeeeery hard to find a good Version

romanoweed

In other words, there ARE Strains that are comparably soft , and Sideeffects should be MUUUUUUUCH less.

Greek Sativa Strains are said to be almost anxietyfree.
I had a special jungle Sativa, that was anxietyfree.
It exists weed that is totally different to any Hybrid .

But that depends also on you personal Brainchemistry.
All you can do is try a pure 70s collected Sativa that was specially mentioned to not cause Anxiety. Thats my Tip, try it.

St. Phatty

Some panic attacks are simply related to Bad Nutrition.

You take a stimulant but your body doesn't have all the chemicals it needs to support the Stimulated rate of your Brain.

So your blood sugar gets low or whatever else happens.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some panic attacks are simply related to Bad Nutrition.

You take a stimulant but your body doesn't have all the chemicals it needs to support the Stimulated rate of your Brain.

So your blood sugar gets low or whatever else happens.
I have to agree with this, I think a lot of it is down to bad diet. Studies of prisoners show that many people inside often have brain damage due to diet.

Anecdotally, maybe 10/15 years ago, well before i got into dieting and working out, I used to be able to induce anxiety at will with a couple of quick bong hits in succession.
More recently I can hit it all day and only a really strong haze can just about do it but i quite enjoy it sometimes, low level anxiety can be very stimulating.

romanoweed

i dont feel that way. .

Alot of people lately seem to come up with the idea that on Lsd the negative effects are not actually a negative thing to experience, theyre just the Bad things uncovered.

Isometimes have to cringe a bit.

Cause marihuana is such a Peacefull, anxietyfree Drug, its unbelevable how KIND Marihuana is. We see that also in the Image of a smiley drug, wich sadly dont apply nomore to todays weed (atleast for m Brainchemistry)

And i dont get it how someone wants to tell me tthat the anxiety could be selfreflection uncovering THE Bad inside me.. Hell people can be fucked literally fucked from bad experiences on those Drugs i suppose.. Where can you draw the Line between "healful uncovering of your ugly side" and simply brainf..ck ? Imho, the way you presented it, there is no bad drug.. I just think were on a weird thinkingpath applying this to cannabis.

When i can smoke a Greek Landracea nd have zero anxiety and the stinky boring Dealer Stuff then i get high levels of Awarenes?? hahahah, its ok, but for me : HYbrid euals shit, shit for my Brainchemistry.
For me Marihuana doesent equal marihauna.
And Brainchemistry doesent equal Brainchemistry.

You , or someone probably can find joy in the average HYbrid, i cant and never did. All my life i hoped for the few Ocasions where i would get Landrace.

Really i dont think a guy who is in the position like me, and gets aniety , becomes shy, needs to learn from the ooh so deep insight into the depths of a Cannbis badtrip or however we should call it. (good revelation trip of the bad).

Ok, that was no evidential , reasoning involved. Well, can you find evidence for your theory? Im really open to learn in principle. I mean who can really say: I know its like this , or like that.. any evidence? or

romanoweed

It goes on and on, IF I TELL PEOPLE THERE IS ANXIETYFREE WEED, NOBODY EVER ASKS ME WHERE; AND GETS IT. nobody ASKS ARE YOU SHURE THATS INTERESTING; I HAVE GOOD TRUTHS, HAPPY. GOOD TRUTHS THAT WILL PROOVE ANY DOUBT WRONG. SIMPLY WRONG: WEED IS NOT INDUCING ANXIETY AS OFTEN AS IT DOES IN TODAYS OMNIPRESENT HYBRID MARKET. AND IF YOU MISS OUT ON GREEK; AND VIETNAMESE DREAMWEED; IM SORRY

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think only sativas are good for anxiety and also don't think all hybrids are bad. I had some good examples of both. I do enjoy sativas more, cause it's a nicer feeling and you are more energised and ready to do stuff.
But I did found the best one that works for me from what I grown or smoked to be a sativa landrace, the Swazi Rooibard. So I am very interested to read more on this here. :tiphat:

Later.edit: I wanted to add that one reason sativas could be really bad for some, is harvesting early, when the effects are rushy, and sometimes can even make you think you have heart palpitations. I try to always smoke test the sativas before harvest, to make sure the weird rushy effects "have calmed down". Maybe not all sativas are like that, but most of the 100% sativa ones I tried were.

Last edited:

Wall

paradoxically for me amnesia (true sativa) or ak420 (mix sativa indica) does not cause any panic. Many other sativas are not great for me.. but these 2 work well. Strawberry Cough and even super ripe lemon haze can be nice too.. we are all different, it is not easy (or obvious!) to feel the same effect... especially in medical use depending on the treatment!
many African strains are very light... and do not cause panic. If you like them = it's won;)
you have to like them... everyone has their point of view ;)

Last edited:

Wall

Too many caps???
I don't see the capitals... and did not understand your post. I read ALL THE POSTS before answering and am used med (liver cancer) so I did not understand your post! It doesn't matter... but you can't compare Swazi strains with Amnesia! Swazi is almost like CBD...to a USE MED user it's just tea. After a 3H chemotherapy a swazi will bring nothing. AT ALL ! ert will not relieve vomiting! AT ALL ! So might as well consume CBD at 2 balls... LOL!
CBD does nothing for a cancer patient. Like many African strains .... which are very very very light!!!!!!!!!!!
and none of them are recommended for cancer. I have been cultivating for 25 years and 10 years with cancer... no African women are suitable for cancer!