What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Dragor

Yea - this thread is reserved ONLY FOR DISCUSSION of strains, who the fuck ever mentioned that we are here to directly share what we have - it took us a lot of headaches, risks, networking, spreading knowledge and gaining knowledge before we got here, and some ignorant spoiled kids jump in and wanna get it all at the snap of a finger, what the guck, NOT touche! Learn what the whole medical movement is all about, the laws, the risks, the strains out there, what is what, before you come in here and try to look for the next most talked about strain - it pisses me off to see this thread turn into such a "pig farm" atmosphere with these random ass bullshit posts... Contribute something positive before you start getting negative on all of us seriously dedicated growers/caretakers! Okay, glad I got that off my back...

addictedtoglass

slackerbri said:
I think it's funny because I've never seen "Larry" around OC, only in SD and LA.

Anyway here is the story I read about the history, I found it on roll it up but I know I read it elsewhere and a prominent medical supplier pretty much told me the same story but with less detail...

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."
wow thanks thats more than i could have ever hoped.... i have herd about irene... its supposed to be harder to find and even more enticing smoke... ill be on the look out for her... also her something about an uncle ken... related to brother larry and sister irene...be interested and finding him one day to haha... ill get a pic of my nicest tip to put in my gallery... btw scoped it out got some OGxSD on the outdoor and some others in full flower to let me know what u think

addictedtoglass

Dragor said:
Yea - this thread is reserved ONLY FOR DISCUSSION of strains, who the fuck ever mentioned that we are here to directly share what we have - it took us a lot of headaches, risks, networking, spreading knowledge and gaining knowledge before we got here, and some ignorant spoiled kids jump in and wanna get it all at the snap of a finger, what the guck, NOT touche! Learn what the whole medical movement is all about, the laws, the risks, the strains out there, what is what, before you come in here and try to look for the next most talked about strain - it pisses me off to see this thread turn into such a "pig farm" atmosphere with these random ass bullshit posts... Contribute something positive before you start getting negative on all of us seriously dedicated growers/caretakers! Okay, glad I got that off my back...
im not sure if that was directed at me but i was just trying to find some info on one of the best smokes i have ever had..... hopefully soon i will not be seen as a sketchy person... im just here to talk with people i feel appreciate cannabis as much as i do.... keep it up sd and send some love to the blots!

addictedtoglass

Brastaman said:
hiya Spicoli, hiya CBF(same cbf?)

well, not from san diego, but my favorite place to schrom is Torrey Pines, along the trails of the state park while helicopters fly overrrrrhhhheeeeaaaadddd, whoa, that was a trip......
anyways, don't know the story, but here is the LarryOgkush

had some heat issues that run of her. typical og kush growth, nute requirement, and flavor. The high is what seperates a lot of the og kush cuts that are around. it's bomb for sure but ograskal's og'firecut'xafghanikush is a little better,if you find the right pheno. The flavor is more of a sour-kush-astringent-pinesol-with lemon throughout. It's like a KUSH MENTHOL in your

i still looking to try the chemD tho, heard it's the best by far.....

brasta.
heard about that chemd ! ahhh the pics looks amazing from it... but that larry has def has a very complex sour taste....ahh its soooo nice...smoke break :rasta:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I have never tried the Chem D ,but I just got 5 seeds of the Chem D x Screme along with 3 KKSC. Can't drop them till next time, as I just popped some Heri, SB BX3, NTO(North Texas Ortega-NL5 x Ortega) and some SCBB x PTK x SCBB. With all the land race afghan clones and clones from my other strains, it is going to be a full garden. Have 6 Chinese Indica going into the flower room,along with 9 Sheberghan and 9 mazar(I hope a couple are boys). I got 4 Sheberghan boys in a small closet having a circle jerk now.

G

holy SHMOLY<<<great thread>>>only on page 13 so far<<hehehe 99MORE TO GO! dam !!
ever get some pics of Hogs breath up?

didnt see any chem in the first pages<<<
^^^did notice she's right here>>>the D<<<
because you cant even have a "LIST"....complete list<<<W/Out chem D on it.
she needs to be there to complete a list fo sho<<<
must read throught the rest to catch up>>>gonna be a while!hehehe
EXCELLENT so far>>P>joe

have i been here before? dang man>>im baked.
ummmmm oh yea>>>Hogs breath

Last edited:
S

slackerbri

Damm JS thats awfully pretty. Soil right?

HogsBreath just cane back into the fold so I'll have some veg pics up soon but budshots wont be for a month or three.

I too would like to see some pics of D but I'd much rather be taking them so hopefully she will find her way to me again, I have a feeling she's just around the corner.

Last edited:
G

she 'll fine you soon i feel;)>>>
WHEW!page 40....dang man>>.like 3 pages a day>>>ROLLIN over here.......

yup, soil.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Pops said:
I am afraid that I have a problem with the assholes who claim folks are hoarding valuable"medical" cuts. As long as a plant has THC in it, it is a "medical" cut. What most folks are complaining about is that they want guys who have bred their own strains or acquired strains that are supposedly "elite, to turn around and give them to that individual.

The true "Medical strains" are those that contain both CBD and THc and no one is hoarding them, as they don't exist!

Face it! What these asshats want is better tasting pot. They are the same folks who go to clubs,pay $85 for a eighth for some "elite" strain and then bitch about the price, when a cheaper cut will provide the same "medical" benefits.

Then there are those dickwads,like Inflorescense, who think us growers should spend thousands on equipment, a grand a month on electricity and risk our freedom so we can give them cheap pot.

Usually,I am a fairly nice old man and don't say shit to folks, but some folks are starting to piss me off. Maybe I have been around BigHerb too long and his "shyness" is starting to rub off on me.

all them people is asshats pops>>>>them want want want and never do nothing for contribute,,, even if they gets free weed,, they would still complain cause its not purple urkle,,, or og kush or whatever is the currently else will be the next hyped strain.....those poeple I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT. the patients who TRULY need is are very sick and are thankful for ANYTHING.. dont matter if its schwag or sensimilla,,, they just happy to have something help them. they dont give a fuck if its chem d or ogkush. and that is why we work to help them,,,and not all the pathetic parasites that so often cruise this site for handouts...

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Pops-
That NTO sounds very intriguing to me. For the last couple of years, I've had an Ortega cut that came out of Santa Barbara by way of 3rd flower in Oakland. A very nice producer that always gets comments about it's potency. No exotic taste but right up my alley otherwise.

Hi Joe! I believe I have the same Hogsbreath genes in my nursery. What a treat to see her in all her glory. I'll be flowering mine pretty quick now that i got a clone off her ( rooted pretty fast for me...the "mom" also seemed to kick into a higher gear as far as veg growth after I topped her)

Peace

J

JeffSpicoli

Beautiful pic of the Hogsbreath. Im jealous :p im sure shes got a kick ass indica smoke

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
good morning san diego! lets see if im less grouchy today! lol. we do need some chem d pics up huh? i will snap some shots of my chem d nugs i got left this weekend. will be getting her going again for sho!
--joe-whats up bro? glad to see ya here. again, i think lol. nice hogs pics! seems to be coming back up with a few growers down here in sd.
--spicoli-nice outdoor pics of larry by the way bro!
----as far as what joe says about no list being complete without the chem d, i agree. ive got a cabinet full of herb i have loved for years, but i keep reachin for the chem d jar. wish i had grown more of it, that will be corrected!

animal#1

slackerbri said:
I think it's funny because I've never seen "Larry" around OC, only in SD and LA.

Anyway here is the story I read about the history, I found it on roll it up but I know I read it elsewhere and a prominent medical supplier pretty much told me the same story but with less detail...

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."

Hi the story you're quoting was posted by Kailua Kid...

I can't give that guy any credibility mainly because I grow and smoke the West Coast DOG clone and it came from the same source that Kailua Kid got his DOG from..ORGNKID..

I've also grown Chem D and Chem 4 and smoked what I believe to be the 91 Chemdog and the 91 Chem and The DOG do not share any similarities in smell/taste.

One is very sour pungent skunky fuel and the other one smells like incense, bubblegum, and apricots...

So again i'm wondering if anyone is actually connected with that crew because I am and Larry K and Irene K have never been touted as the True OGs actually both are OG compromises

...but that's just what I know maybe you all know of a different larry that has a different Larry Kush, Og Kush, and Irene Kush?? :fsu:

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
There is a lot of hype surrounding many of the "elite "cuts, and you never know what or who to believe. I have heard several stories about the linage of Jedi, P-91 and Bullrider. There are several stories about Chem and O.G.Kush. A lot of these so-called "elites" are crosses ,mislabeled or just plain fakes. Far too many folks smoke for ego,not for flavor or meds. Far too many folks are after the Flavor-of-the -Week. I have seeds for just over 100 hybrids, polyhybrids and land races. If I tried to get all the so-called elites in clone form, I wouldn't have room to grow out what I have and possibly find a great med strain. Folks just need to enjoy what they have, grow the best they can get and be patient and wait for the opportunity when it comes knocking. Too many folks waste a lot of time and effort chasing the "latest and greatest". Pot is like sex. It is all good, but some is better than others. Get the best you can and be happy with that.

addictedtoglass

animal#1 said:
Hi the story you're quoting was posted by Kailua Kid...

I can't give that guy any credibility mainly because I grow and smoke the West Coast DOG clone and it came from the same source that Kailua Kid got his DOG from..ORGNKID..

I've also grown Chem D and Chem 4 and smoked what I believe to be the 91 Chemdog and the 91 Chem and The DOG do not share any similarities in smell/taste.

One is very sour pungent skunky fuel and the other one smells like incense, bubblegum, and apricots...

So again i'm wondering if anyone is actually connected with that crew because I am and Larry K and Irene K have never been touted as the True OGs actually both are OG compromises

...but that's just what I know maybe you all know of a different larry that has a different Larry Kush, Og Kush, and Irene Kush?? :fsu:
i also herd that it was a cross of some sort... what ever it is i love it

J

JeffSpicoli

so wait, is there a larry kush thats different than the og kush 'larry cut'. or whatever.
or are the larry og and the larry kush the same thing? now im REALLY confused. All i know is that the "larry cut" of the og kush smells and looks a lot like other ogs ive seen/ grown

kathmandu

so the DOG smells like incense and bubblegum? sounds nice....hows the high on it?
also, why do we not see it pictured much on IC or other sites, is it just no passed much?
JS....nice Hogsbreath man.

S

Shan Diego

I had Hog's breath from Encinitas in the late 90's that was some of the stankiest stuff I had ever encountered. Now that I have a little more exposure to quality strains, I often wonder how it would fare in comparison...I suspect it could easily hold its own. My memories may be old, but that was seriously top-notch.

Dragor

Wow great to see all my favorite peeps in here today! I missed the early morning post fest but catching up and feeding my eyes and brain to some great info guys... Welcome (back) Joe, pleasure to have you in here, and of course you wouldn't stop by without some mouth-watering photos ;) been a while since I seen the Hogsbreath, she's truly an angel, thanks for sharing her... I gotta say tho, my head is spinning right now, from trying to comprehend all this geneology of OG's - I feel like I need to know, but it's just so twisted, so many sides to the story! The Larry is very special indeed (I have dried nug shot from co-op I'll post up in a minute) - special chemmy smell to her and trichomes galore... but for some reason I wanna say the Tahoe remains in my memory the best as far as producing very unique and powerful psychosomatic experience... cheers to all!

OGK pics (fyi, all these are from pretty legit coops in LA/SFV area):

Larry's OC OGK

Abusive OGK

SFV OGK

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

Grow Tech said:
Did I see you mention Grape Romulan awhile back? Can you share some details on that one?
Here's about as good as I can get with my lack of camera skills.
Grape Romulan week 6 day 5. Gonna let her go to 58 days before the big chop... Her smell is thick and reeks of rotten grapefruit. And she is soooo sticky....Bag appeal. Smell appeal. Yeild appeal. High appeal. She's a fuckin winner for reals.

Latest posts

Latest posts