What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

ngakpa

Veteran
Pops said:
No, BHT. I just got the seeds in. Apparently the Akka people are from the Yunnan Pro0vince in China,originally, and the GT Akka is a Yunnan sativa, whereas my Yunnan indica is not. The Akka goes 14-18 weeks.
The Akka may have higher CBD levels as it was described as a mild smoke. Normally, the Laotians don't smoke this one. It has a spearmint flavor and is used in making curry.

Hey Pops - just a clarification:

the Golden Triangle Akka is what we would call an indica strain - dense resinous buds, wide leaved - it does get smoked (each villager would have a big big sack stuffed with many kgs of the dried 99% seedless buds in his house) but is also used in food and medicine...

this is normal for the area - another local ethnic group, centred over the nearby Burma border and in N. Thailand also, are the Shan - who use a lot of ganja in food... until recently a few years ago the Thai government allowed the Shan (Tai Yai) to keep a plant in their gardens for this purpose... the Shan are big smokers too, and have been known to walk off with a friend of mine's plants within days of when they are ready to be harvested (the discerning pot thief)

even further south in Isaan you will still find "Chinese kansha" on sale in shops for use in food and herbal remedies

the Akka people who the Golden Triangle Akka comes from originate in Yunnan in S. China, and the village from which the GTAkka was collected, while it is inside Northern Lao, is really not far from Yunnan at all, less than 100km if my memory is any good

seems clear to me that the Akka brought their strains with them as they migrated southeast from Yunnan into Northern Lao... a few areas of Northern Lao are clearly basically China in ethnic makeup etc.

I think the GT Akka could finish sooner than 14 - 18, it's just that that is a standard time for ganja strains in the region, so I thought I would be nice and put the flowering time on the long side... I think it's likely to have a time similar to the ACE, if a tad longer, but latitude-wise the strain is from pretty far north in the tropics, and from quite high up, so should finish before end Nov.

with the GT Akka the problem I had is that the Akka people speak very little Thai/Lao let alone English, so it was very hard to communicate with them and get details of their strains --- the hand gestures and Ewok type noises convinced me that these are very vigorous and prolific plants with good sized colas

I will need to speak with friends of mine who know Lao well and have found similar very dense budded native strains with great aromas in other areas of Northern Lao

hope that helps,

Namkha

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Thanks, Bro. I do hope the flowering time is less. Your Mazar and Sheberghan are the most vigorous plants in my veg room. They are up to 2' now. I am getting a little worried as I still have 7 weeks before the flower room is empty. Those giant Mazar could be 6-7 ' by them. Fortunately, the longer you veg most plants, the less they stretch in flower. The ACE Yunnan Dubi sent me went 9 weeks. Had too much heat and they were a bit fluffy and hermied. I took clones and will try again when it cools down. We will be smoking some today for the first time.

Thanks for the cultural info about the Akka. I wonder just haw many strains there are in the Yunnan area. I remember Sam the Skunkman saying that the seeds from a Yunnan sativa(hemp) were the biggest he had ever seen.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if only we all had as much info on what we grow as these two^^^ we would all be better off!!!!!!!!!!!!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Greyskull said:
Green Coast - with LB? He's a good guy.
I've haven't seen the UFO in action in person... I have seen the SUPER LED 400 in action (growing tobacco plants) at West Coast Hydro in Laguna Niguel (just a little north of San Clemente, off Crown Valley Pkwy). They were testing it in the store... it puts out ZERO heat and seemed to vegg the plant okay... suppossedly there is a 1000w version in the works.
http://www.superled.net/led-growing-faq.html
EXPENSIVE! I wanna see a grow with huge dense nugs before I put down 1g for the 1000w, you know?

If you do a search for "LED GROW LIGHTS MARIJUANA" at YOUTUBE you'll get some good info, though it looks like most of the videos concentrate on 60w grows..... not very impressive IMO.

I like how my 1K HPS make my MTFs look. Week 4 Day 7

my friends cousin owns one of them garden stores,,, and he gave his freind 10 of those ufp LEDs to play around with>>>according to them,,,HUGE waste of time:::they make for decent veg lamps,,,but it is basically a NOVELTY item>> however they said they are a few companies workign R+D to get the LEDs up to standard,,, so as it may be fruiteless now,,,at one point in the future,, it will most liekly revolutioize the entiere lighting business...

been quite buzy,,, still alot of stuff going on ...

jus chekn in with tha little free time i get>>> got some nice pictures

to show everyone,,,nice smoke as well...

FREE FOR ALL @ DAY 49

^^^
BigHerb's very 1st macro picture!!!!!!! waht ya think?? luckily i got that third leg>>>aka. human tripod :muahaha: :nono: :muahaha:

aight my dago bredin>>>smoek well &&& keep it ez. --BhT

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

Diggin your bowl holder BHT.
I totally agree with your thoughts on the LED technolgy - someday....

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
OHGEE said:
Pops, I think I have a line on the P! I talked w/ a guy that has a clone service in Temecula. I don't know if there is a border crossing in between on the 15 but I'll bet it could be done. He's been saying "it'll be about a week I'll take cuts today" for a month now, but we had a talk about the origins of the P and a guy on another site called DaddyofthePfamily(?) I think I saw Subrob over there he could confirm about the story this guy was trying to tell saying that P91 is a Skunk x Thai Hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my. that shit is funny every time I hear it. If you want to know just how stupid I am about his subject just ask. I wish they had a Maury Povich show for clueless Canna Parentage! Maury: "the test results are in THAI, YOU ARE NOT the father!" Thai: "Oh shit Hoe I knew you was Jeepin' I told you sumthin felt off, but you was like 'chill Thai it ain't even like that.' man I'm buggin' Maury I'm up outta here!" Those that know the P know it is a heavy, narcotic INDICA!

Anyway, I think it won't be long and we will get that cut and run it and we will see what you think about my favorite indica.....oh and the cut the guy has is the APE cut so I feel confident that it is the P and looking at Dragor's pic that's what it looks like and his is the APE cut if I am not mistaken. well I look forward to it.

Tomorrow then? well done.

PS smoking keif only for about a week straight, pretty much sucks ass.

OHGEE-out

I would like to get the pure P-91. As I told you at the bar, I am pretty sure that my P was crossed, probably with Afghani #1. That is why it is just not as strong and doesn't have as potent a smell. That and being too damned hot in my flower room. Unfortunately, I don't have access to it or the room right now. Besides, as soon as I get some space, I am going to hire the 6 biggest guys you ever saw to mug BHT for his White.(I think it will take all 6) LOL

As soon as our sour diesel/og gets big enough, we will get you some cuts. (PS. shame you couldn't stick around. We grilled some beef and chicken kabobs and had German Choc. cake and ice cream for my birthday. Along with the tequila sours, the joints and the wine coolers. Damn, I am getting old! I was ready for a nap right after you left)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey pops-guess im a lil late, but happy birthday man. hope all went well for you and yours.....sub

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Not sure what I'm more excited about :jump:
This~
PQ DAy 53 +/- ( might have to rename this strain...cause it doesnt seem to like to purple in warmer temps but it's chu chu chunky! )

or this~
Orange Spice Muffins Grow Tech has a new recipe! Mediaction is obtained through the addition of Cinnamon Schnapps based tincture. They taste awesome...I'll be testing potency tonight. :yummy:

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran

FREE FOR ALL @ DAY 49

^^^
BigHerb's very 1st macro picture!!!!!!! waht ya think?? luckily i got that third leg>>>aka. human tripod :muahaha: :nono: :muahaha:

ps>>>pops you best get them 6 big boys,,, to each bring 6 of them big friends>>

caus all mah boys are from samoa ,,,

would not be fair otherwise :bandit: :bandit: ahhhaha

"patientce young jedi.."

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh shit-GT got a new recipe?! we are all in trouble now! im still sittin on two a those cookies!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:

FREE FOR ALL @ DAY 49

^^^

ps>>>pops you best get them 6 big boys,,, to each bring 6 of them big friends>>

caus all mah boys are from samoa ,,,

would not be fair otherwise :bandit: :bandit: ahhhaha

"patientce young jedi.."

BHT, you know I'm just shitting you, Bro. I can't afford to hire a midget! No way I'm going to tackle the Samoan Mafia. Neither will the cops, because they can't afford to feed them if they bust them.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Grow Tech said:
or this~
Orange Spice Muffins Grow Tech has a new recipe! Mediaction is obtained through the addition of Cinnamon Schnapps based tincture. They taste awesome...I'll be testing potency tonight. :yummy:

Ow shit.... someone is getting crazy in the kitchen again!

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran

Initial results are in...I ate one at 5:30....was feelin it by 6p.....have a mellow residual effect going now @ 8p. I'd say they are a little weaker than the cookies( these are actually mini muffins). I think I can get the muffins strength up to 1.5x their current potency without breaking the recipe. It'll be two weeks before I can give it a try....I'll be enjoying this batch in the mean time :yummy:

Peace & Culinary Experimentation

Edit*** So 8:30p last night I ate my second Muff of the eve. At 9:15 I got off the couch and was walkin sideways. :dance: wooohoo! Still going to try to jack the potency up cause well...cause I can :headbange

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Dragor said:
Ah okay bro,
Chills me out to know that you are experiencing the same thing with your cuts, excellent point about the MM being more sativa with faster growth.

Yeah,,, the MM's are way ahead of anthing else in tha batch. they were taking at same time,,so it is just marked up to its sativa dominance

^^^MUSTANGMIST

^^^KROME'S WHITE

easy to see that they are signifcant ahead of whites. not just you,, just plant vigorisity>>>in fact MMs ahead of everything in that batch

^^^you can see the 2xMMs in bottom right corner (they are the 2 biggest)

ahh>>>some more sour og coming down today,,a few sourbubbles as well..

ok my dago bredrin>>>smoek well&&&keep it ez. --BhT

Last edited: