What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dragor, even someone like me, who almost flunked college and high school chemistry, can use the kit to advantage. Almost all breeders try to breed out the CBD in favor of high THC to get everyone stoned. We see breeders bragging about the high THC levels. It is kind of like the my-dick-is -bigger-than-yours routine. Some breeders say they have a med strain that is high in CBD,but what they really mean is that there is more than 1% CBD that they have not managed to eliminate. The hash that gets to Europe from Morocco and Afghanistan ofter registers about 50% THC and 50% CBD. It still gets you ripped on your butt, but has far more medicinal qualities. Not too many folks know about CBD. We have all heard the THC is good for nausea and pain. It is also a neuroprotector. CBD, on the other hand, is anti-inflamatory, anti-convulsive, antiemetic(for nausea),a neuro-protector, allows the long muscles to relax and may keep cancer cells from reproducing. Now maybe folks can figure out why a dumb-ass old man is trying to reduce the amount of THC and increase the CBD, the way nature intended.

Dragor

Pops, props on that post ^^^^ You just got my scientific mind going like light speed now haha, yea I have read about CBDs before but I didn't know that they played the more medicinal role of all the cannabinoids - well I do know thc is psychoactive (binds mainly to cannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system) - whereas cbd binds more generally to both central and peripheral nervous system (the one responsible for releasing the normal muscle tension). I mean the best medicinal balance for pain would definitely be one that brings a sense of well-being along with a release of tension and freedom from pain impulses! What would that be though? Personal for everyone? I was thinking to myself what if THC%:CBD% was 1:1 you would get the same effect just more amplified if the percentages were raised but kept 1:1 ratio. Now if you tipped that in either direction (preferably in the CBD direction) you could achieve a balance - and maybe this could be the way they adjust dose for people in the future when medical marijuana really becomes medical... just throwin' the ideas haha, hope everyone's doing great & staying safe :wave:

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dragor, you are starting to get it. The THC/CBD ratio can be manipulated for medical users depending on their condition. Both CBD and THC are produced from CBG. The enzymes that affect CBG seem to have several variables,which produce different levels of THC/CBD. A plant that has both a Bt and Bd allele for THC and CBD production can produce different levels or % of each. Ordinarily,breeders try to breed out the CBD. They are seldom totally sucessful, because the Bt/Bd alleles don't always follow a punnet square exactly. It would be helpful to have a high THC/low CBD strain for some, a med THC/med CBD strain for some and a high CBD/low THC strain for other. Hemp is as close as you can get to a pure CBD strain,as the accepted level for THC is.3%. Feral hemp has somewhat higher levels as it was created before our stupid laws went into effect. If you create the 3 strains I mentioned above, every time you breed it,the % could change as you would possibly be introducing a variant enzyme into the equation which could alter the % of THC/CBD. That is where cloning comes in. When you get your med strains,you clone them to insure consistency. You could then send the clones out to med users. Another possibility would be to do a sex change on one of the female clones and pollinate her sisters, hopefully getting a stable female seed line containing the proper THC/CBD ratios. Don't know if it will work, but that is what I am planning to do.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Pops,
I am very interested in your findings. I realize any breeding project takes a loooong time but hopefully you can share bits of info along the way. Kudos for taking a methodical & scientific ( as scientific as a home breeder can be) approach.

Peace

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Hopefully, it won't take that long as my son may not have that long. With ALS, 50% of the patients are dead in 18 months, 70% by 5 years and 90% in ten years. If medical science cannot cure him, I want to try to keep him alive until they can. I will keep you guys informed, as I believe that these strains could help a multitude of people.

praisehim.

Veteran
**hats off to pops** every dad should be commited to their children.. seems like you got it down. RESPECT. my prayers are with you..

praisehim.

Veteran
dragor: haha... i woulda tried the backyard but its to small..hah. an yeah.. first grow was a 400 an a 250.. got almost 9 ounces ! i cant wait for my new grwo to finish up.. all organic.. all dragor influence...haha. thanks man ! pics in a week..

pops I wish you and your son only the best and may his days be as comfortable and painfree as possible.
One of my good friends' father was diagnosed with ALS a couple of years ago and you are correct when you say that it hits so fast.
He was able to take a little pleasure in the herb toward the end, and for that everyone in his family was thankful.
The work you are trying to do is a beautiful thing, and will undoubtably help not only your son but many many more people today and in the future.

SuperLarry

just started the bloom on the speedqueen. here is my bubba halfway finished

here it is 45 days flowering

and sunra 45 days flowering

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Lookin good larry!!! Heres a buddies place I setup for him recently

He's running coco 600hps house and garden, and he is using a few of my strains. Here's my cut of the Sour D ibl

He's doing good with his first run, but its a little hot. The girls are two weeks in by my book, here's a C99 I gave him

Some C99 I just finished

Outdoor spring ECSD

Not very big but shes dank as shit! Fuck it was hot as hell yesterday I had some buds dry with the quickness!!! :laughing: PEACE GUYS

Dragor

SuperLarrY: damn man I thought Bubba had enormous leaves but your SpeedQueen's got some turbo genetics there! I love Mandala gear, did a sweet grow of Satori & Sadhu late last year, mmm such tasty and potent landrace meds... Your Bubba's look phenomenally coated and will probably pump out way more trichs by the time you finish lol - great job man, are you using coco or organic? Keep us updated mr greenthumb :)-

caligreen: very kind of you to help a friend in need... setup looks nice, was wondering what's with that big black shelf next to all the plants (edit: nevermind my eyes saw something else from black tarp reflection sorry hah)? Maybe the black color of things is causing extra heat, white pots and gear would help a lil? Love the air cooling/ducting/carbon setup :p I want to find a super potent sativa that finishes in 40-50 days and doesn't take too long to cure - would you say ECSD or C99 fit this bill at all? So far I only know of Genius and the Apollo line that have these characteristics... (?)

Last edited:

SuperLarry

the bubba you see is in FFOF with 30% perlite fed floranova. the speedqueen is in an aeroflo system fed with the $10 gh maxigrow/bloom. all are flowered with 600s.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
superlarry-all very nice pics, but i too love the pic of the speedq leaf-you can see just how healthy and vigorous it is.

cali-as always-super pics man!

dragor-the ECSD i just got, i was told 75-77 days to really get her right. i also recvd GENIUS, and he told me how many days, but i have to go look it up. the plan still on?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dragor-was told 70-80 days for the genius also

mary-it does rock to have the access that we do here in cali, but to tell you the truth, after going thru these cuts like crazy for past year or so(and finding some keepers) i still think it is more fun, and satisfying, to find those keepers from seed! while you can believe most of the hype on the cuts(im a believer) ive taken cuts from $50 seed packs ive grown out that will stand with the cali cuts. good luck......sub

is tenfeet temp suspended or something? ive seen him be the last poster on a few threads, but i cant see his posts.

Last edited: