What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

biglove

Hey hg, nice single nug bro.

we tried bbk several times and it just grows way too slow. Everything else we put around it just outgrows it and shades it then we have a completely wasted bucket space which stings so shes gone.

Some exquisite resin production tho, and a nice mellow berry smell. Great looking bud, she just couldn't keep up.

yibidy

dude jk, ive seen some of your systems, you got your shit down. i tried finding the philips bulb you recomended but didnt find any place that had it yet. I cant find out exactly what the nano meters of uvb is that the repti sun 10.0 uvb put out but you can get a 48 inch bulb for 20 bucks. I think that if someone used them as side lighting it could have potential, id have to reread the article i put up but im pretty sure that guy says from the 280-320 range does the trick. i read somewhere that the repti suns actually put out 12% uvb so they are actually pretty good little lamps and at 20 bucks a 48 inch i havent found a better deal yet. i cant wait till they come out with uvb led's that are affordable. let me know if you find any links to places where they sell those philips bulbs, im actually interested in getting some of those because my girl has psoriasis and from what i just read those bulbs could help her with out much risk of skin cancer because they are such a specific wavelength. thanks for the info.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Hey hg, nice single nug bro.

we tried bbk several times and it just grows way too slow. Everything else we put around it just outgrows it and shades it then we have a completely wasted bucket space which stings so shes gone.

Some exquisite resin production tho, and a nice mellow berry smell. Great looking bud, she just couldn't keep up.

Are you sure you aren't talking about Blackberry Rhino?

humbleguy

Veteran
Biglove- She's definitely a sog only strain. It would be a struggle to maximize her in a bucket system. The resin profile and color are phenomenal and worth the extra plant count imho. I can't wait to see how she mixed with the male SpaceQueen Dna last year. I've got to sprout these beans.

lovely resin;

picture.php

humbleguy

Veteran
Thanks Voo, MoldyD, BL, Daiwa!

Born and raised in San Diego Vol. 1, Roadkill Skunk x Deep Chunk. Cannacopia seeds, 2009

"Like garlic sauteed in gasoline with a smudge of caramel served over dead skunk"

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dayunmmmm alot of stufff went on while i was gone glad to see things calmed down and everyone is koo... i just back from traveling the whole west coast fellaz all the way to f'n canada(FUCK CANADIAN CUSTOMS the fuck faces denied me and my boys entry and askked us stupid f'n questions)and if i may say so CALI/ SAN DIEGO RUNS ISHHH i love my city theyre really aint no place like home props to HUMBLE those ladies looks out of this world props to GT,MOLDY,VOODOO,JEFF,SUBROB and everyone else i forgot to mention doing the damm thang keep it up fellazz im glad to be back

heres a pic of some jack hair that came down from up north

Mitochondrion

Hey Evryone.
Here is some Burkle I just took down. At least it was labled Burkle.
It looks alot like yours Nata, but I just could not get it to purple, and believe me the temps I have been running are like being outside. So's....nice resin profile though.

Happy humpday!:biggrin:

P

planty

I've seen it look similar.

Just curious if Randy California is out there..Hey bro we have the same Betsy cut prolly from the same cats...Did you also hear the rumor that the "Betsy" cut we have is really Hogsbreath? whats up with that?

Jalisco Kid

dude jk, ive seen some of your systems, you got your shit down. i tried finding the philips bulb you recomended but didnt find any place that had it yet. I cant find out exactly what the nano meters of uvb is that the repti sun 10.0 uvb put out but you can get a 48 inch bulb for 20 bucks. I think that if someone used them as side lighting it could have potential, id have to reread the article i put up but im pretty sure that guy says from the 280-320 range does the trick. i read somewhere that the repti suns actually put out 12% uvb so they are actually pretty good little lamps and at 20 bucks a 48 inch i havent found a better deal yet. i cant wait till they come out with uvb led's that are affordable. let me know if you find any links to places where they sell those philips bulbs, im actually interested in getting some of those because my girl has psoriasis and from what i just read those bulbs could help her with out much risk of skin cancer because they are such a specific wavelength. thanks for the info.

I ordered mine from a company in Canada, Phillips has a place in Ohio you can order these from. Get your girlfriend to get a prescription from her dr then you can order any bulb from anywhere. Just NEVER run it when you are inside. Don't get less then 100w on any bulb. I just googled this but spend 5 more min and you will find a lot of info.

Last edited by a moderator:

humbleguy

Veteran
!#@! for $35 Cannacopia hooked a grower up. Shit looks devastating. Similar to Black Berry Kush in appearance but smells like uhhh death

Roadkill Skunk x Deep Chunk
Pheno 2 chop;
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

yibidy

maybe we could get her the actual bulbs perscribed cuz she has like every type of cream and ointment, she's got it bad and the meds are expensive as heck.

moldy, with uvb it causes skin cancer, thats why you dont want it. i was lookin up all the stuff on those bulbs the other day and thats the neat thing about them though, they are pretty wavelength specific and they have found that wavelength to be benificial against certain kinds of skin diseases and that particular wavelength is not as prone to mutate your dna (cause cancer) as other ones. i would get those bulbs for my girl but if i personally grew herb (which i dont) i would probably try a reptile light cuz they are more general uvb they say they are full spectrum uvb...you'd be kinda screwed if you invested in it and the one that treated psoriasis didnt do anything for thc levels. its definetly worth a try though. it sucks that san diego medical patients technically have to have at locked enclosed shed or greenhouse which is expensive for most patients. i think that outdoor done right is a lot more medicating but thats just an opinion. my caregiver was actually wondering if anyone knew for sure what the legal limits are...there is a lot of confusion cuz its on the books but not ratified that san diego city and chula vista residents can have 24 plants and up to a pound of dried flowers, but no outdoor growing except for locked greenhouses or sheds...so where does that leave the rest of the county? with the 6 OR 12 and 8 ounce bullshit? sorry if this isnt the right place for this question but i figured if anyone knew it would be you guys... ive been thinking aboug starting my own garden but if i didnt have friends to get cuttings from could i only run 6 plants at a time and not even take clones of them and have them rooting?? it would suck to have to track down new clones every time. if anyone knows for sure or even cares to speculate id appreciate any info.

Jalisco Kid

Really? What happens? I know guys who have no clue about this, including me..LOL

Damage to your eyes happens quickly. I use 2 wavelength specific bulbs,they are 285 nm and 311 nm. I had the 285's made for me if I could get them at 100w I would use those more then the 311's.
I never measured the thc levels, but I use it for a more rounded flavor and richer high,not really a stronger high but a high with more to it.I was also hoping it would quicken the flowertime but that really was not noticeable with my sats. JK

Those CV limits are way off. They will only except the state minimums.Thats what I have been told by their narc unit unless you have heard of something else. That is something I heard from Conrad but I believe there is any truth in it.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
...there is a lot of confusion cuz its on the books but not ratified that san diego city and chula vista residents can have 24 plants and up to a pound of dried flowers, but no outdoor growing except for locked greenhouses or sheds...so where does that leave the rest of the county? with the 6 OR 12 and 8 ounce bullshit? sorry if this isnt the right place for this question but i figured if anyone knew it would be you guys...

A case just got thrown out about 2 weeks ago here against a grower who had alot of plants and bud, the grower challenged that it was unconstitutional and the court threw it out because they said the laws, as they are at the moment, were too vague to prosecute anyone..

Here is a supposed SFV OG, which I guess we are pretty certain is PNC Snowcap or some other sweet smelling thing, lol, oh well, at least it grows fat frosty and stinky..

picture.php

60 days, yellowing up nicely, but this bitch eats like no other..hard to keep her green after week 4. Man I wish she was the SFV OG....I hope they aren't selling it as the SFV still.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
there is a lot of confusion cuz its on the books but not ratified that san diego city and chula vista residents can have 24 plants and up to a pound of dried flowers, but no outdoor growing except for locked greenhouses or sheds...so where does that leave the rest of the county? with the 6 OR 12 and 8 ounce bullshit?

The sad truth is that in SD county you're are at the mercy of the particular cop(s) should LEO
visit. Keep your security tight & realize that even 6 plants is enough here that it'll be a very bunk day...night...6 months.

I knew of 2 guys that had ~18 plants each growing in the same house. The DA did not push charges & this was before the court case Moldy mentioned. Doesn't mean you'd be so "lucky" though.

If I was in San Diego city I would try to comply with the locked greenhouse / shed thing if I was doing anything "outdoors"

Basically, the less plants the better. The closer you are to following the guidelines that apply to you the better your chances of having charges dropped.

Dont get lulled into a false sense of security because of positive headlines ( ie Plant limits unconstitutional" ). It sure is better than a poke in the eye but here in Americas Finest City ( county ) we are at the whims of many hostile LEOS & of course the DA.

On a Positive Note, I have one Confirmed Female from the Sour Dubble x Guerrilla Gold cross beans I sprouted. It has a nice growth structure and hopefully there will be another girl in the undistinguished babies I have left.

G

guest5703

Muhahahahaaaa

Muhahahahaaaa

On a Positive Note, I have one Confirmed Female from the Sour Dubble x Guerrilla Gold cross beans I sprouted. It has a nice growth structure and hopefully there will be another girl in the undistinguished babies I have left.
:yay::muahaha:

It's gonna be soooooo daaaank

V

Voodoo

Moldy - the UVB bulbs are the same bulbs used in tanning beds. They can cause skin cancer and cataracts if you tried to live under them. However, short bursts will only cause sunburns and tanning.

If you were going to use them for blasting the plants with UVs, I would tell you that you're wasting your time. HPS and Metal Halide both emit UV light similar to the sun. In fact I've read a couple of articles about people with SAD (seasonal depression) installing HPS bulbs in their living room as a lighting source to combat the disorder.

The bulb you REALLY want to stay away from is a germicidal bulb, which emits light that destroys organic cells. Great for sterilization, terrible for anything living.

I used to work at a lighting shop here in town, yay multitudes of information Ill never use again - on the upshot, wiring is something I can do with my eyes closed.

Ill be slapping up some pics of the girls and progress tomorrow, the "SFV" looks to be doing quite well! Humble your roadkill skunk smell description sounds totally disgusting, but looks phenominal. Somehow you have me wanting to try gasoline sauteed carmelized roadkill with a light hint of garlic... fusion?

yibidy

dang that sucks about the plant limits. when i got my county card at the county health place they said "6 mature or 12 imature, you cant mix mature and immature and dont ask us what contstitutes a mature plant because we dont know" totally unreasonable, they should at least allow four and four, thats the same damn ratio, its like ok i can have four plants in bloom and instead of my 2 more mature that i would like i would like to have 4 immature so i can keep strains alive. they said that was a no go. you basically gotta have a room mate that has their card and collectivelg garden 6 mature and 12 imature, some in veg and some rooting. i dunno ive been thinking about growning, even if cops did come me and my girl both have valid reasons for my rec. not even the most jerk cop would mess with my girl, they would have to be a real creep of a person and it would be a press nightmare, no court case would ever stand if we were in our limits. if i didnt have such a nice caregiver id probably be growing all our own meds because we couldnt even afford a half o a month at clinic prices.

i thought that hps bulbs and metal halide bulbs that were approved to be used with a glass barrier had pretty much no uv or uvb. i know that if you use a hps with a hood and glass your getting like no uvb or uv so unless your doing bare hanging bulbs all doubled's style your gonna have to add uvb if you want any in your room. but i could be wrong, i dont even grow bud, im just an indoor gardening fanatic who happens to be a medical patient.

Latest posts

Latest posts