What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

J

JeffSpicoli

yibidy... Ya ive covered it in many threads.
I found 7 seeds in my dabney... none of the seeds were in the buds... But in the swollen female, pre flower / calyx... You know at the bottom of a branch, below the bud there is that swollen tear drop calyx... Well they all looked EXTRA swollen, and i pinched them, and found a perfect seed on each top branch.
I had plants flowering at the same time, which showed know signs of seeds. And it wasnt like it was a seeded plant, just random seeds, found in its own little 'shell' type of deal with the calyx...

I figured they would be all females, but a true male showed up when i put one out to flower outside... The male reeked just like the dabney clone... When you would rub the pollen sacks, the pollen straight up smelled like blueberry muffins.

Very weird and confusing... The male i had most defintely was a blueberry male. And ive only grown one pheno of the green crack x, and one of the larry og x... And both you could definitely tell had a strong dabney influence.

Not a great male to be used for breeding purposes... But i used it at the time just to cross to some of my clone's, just to have a nice personal collection of beans... I saved some of the pollen, and Subrob hit his ECSD with it.
these are the following crosses made by that male

Albert Walker x
Green Crack x
Gods Gift x
Purple Joy x
Larry Og x
ECSD x
Afgooey x

yibidy

so just some stray pollen then? thats chill its always a mystery what your neghibors are growing, i got a few of ecsd crossed with mystery pollen beans. havent seen the flowers yet as these were just from last outdoor season but my friend that gifted em allready got a male so we know its not selfed. people with true males are usually people who have really legit herb and are breeding or people that just planted some bagseed. even mec crossed with dabney and then any of those plants would be bomb though. herb grown from seed is usually way better than when its a cutting of a cutting like ten generations down.

J

JeffSpicoli

no it wasnt stray pollen. If it were stray pollen i would have found seeds in the buds.. There were no seeds in the buds... And i wouldve also found seeds in the other strains i was growing at the same time...

Some strains (specifically thais) can self seed themselves, even when no hermaphrodite flowers were never present

and also, although very rare.. True Males can be found in S1's.
Greyskull here went through 300 S1's before finding a male of his sour dubble

yibidy

i've heard of true males coming from feminized seeds but i thought they had to throw a nanner to polinate themselves. im trying to visualize it and i dunno unless they can throw seeds with out throwing nanners it seems that it got dusted by something, maybe its own nanner right after it shot out the pistils on the nodes. usually when all the first little nodes get polinated its cuz they were the only pistils around at the time to get dusted. most of the pollen will become non viable before the preflowers really start to develop if there is no fresh pollen hitting the plant, especially in an outdor enviornment i dunno that much about fems and herms though so i could be wrong, if a strain throws a nanner in the garden ive "seen" its usually tossed after that grow. there are a couple exceptions though.

prop 215 and even sb 420 compliant.

yibidy

thai is a mess to breed with but when you get good thai its pretty much my favorite sativa. i am stumped on that dabney male and how he came about, is it possible for plants to just produce seeds with out getting polinated in any way. i thought they had to get polinated but it seems impossible that your dabney would get a seed on all the branches but none of the other plants would get seeded. i've thought seeds materialized out of no where before but then found out that the supposed northern lights was throwing nanners that i didnt see for a while. when i saw the dabney run it was the only thing in the grow to get the nanners but a 707 headband poped up with 2 seeds. i dunno its like a riddle to me but i dont know if they can have seeds with out pollen or not. nature always finds a way though

bbing

The Jesus Seed!

Immaculate conception?

xx + xx = xx

even S1 pollen will not be a different gender than the plant.

sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy

just cuz a plant throws nanners; doesn't mean they are loaded up with different DNA

yibidy

nah ive never seen it but i've heard you can get males from s1 from multiple sources. the s1's can be different than the mom for sure. you would be super lucky if they were exactly the same down to the stone and scent

yibidy

mmm i just gotta say again that og looks killer subrob, im drooling over that pic hitting a vapor bag of the afy #1 from pnc. did anyone get the platinum og from pnc? anyone got pics of it flowered?

praisehim.

Veteran
PM....

PM....

looks like i got a bit of pm again.. fuckin sucks.

i've been reading alot about jms stylet-oil, but wanted to see if anyone knew of a better spray.. thats available in sd, cause i can only find jms online...

help ? someone... ? dont wanna lose this headband...

.....BUMMED.

yibidy..i just flipped my plantinums today...i'll get pics up soon : )

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
dude u have to rock the sulfer burner... hopefully in veg or early flower but nothing else is the real cure. No BS, just every 2 or 3rd day for a week at lights out and gone..

i cant tell you how many grulling hours i have spent with sprays in the past.

thats my experience anyway.

statusquo

There are ways to systemically cure PM (in veg) with chemicals. Most treatments, including sulfur, do not systemically treat PM. Many many cuts and strains floating around have systemic PM - it just requires the right conditions to appear. For next time, maybe pretreat with low doses of neem in veg to stave off bugs, fungus etc and keep humidity down and air exchange up (especially during cool nights!) best of luck :)

S

Shan Diego

mmm i just gotta say again that og looks killer subrob, im drooling over that pic

Mee too! That is one beautiful gooey lookin og, bro.

did anyone get the platinum og from pnc? anyone got pics of it flowered?

Here's the Platinum OG at 31 days. She has definitely gotten frostier since then, and I do think I'll pull more than an ounce per square foot. I did hit this crop with bushmaster, so if left alone she'd probably stretch out a little more. I tried some Platinum OG from SDDC and it was truly top shelf. I'm hoping its the same...

Z

Zeinth

p.m... made a home brew sulpher burner..the socket from home depot..bulb from amazon..or an old floor lamp that points up..so the ceramic bulb faces up..

been using a 100 watt lizard lamp..just put some sulpher on the element...and it slowly melts on the ceramic lamp,,the fumes circulate and mitigate the p.m..

sometimes in veg i use other systemics..but not in flower..

Attachments

• base_media.jpg
    base_media.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 7

praisehim.

Veteran
dude u have to rock the sulfer burner... hopefully in veg or early flower but nothing else is the real cure. No BS, just every 2 or 3rd day for a week at lights out and gone..

i cant tell you how many grulling hours i have spent with sprays in the past.

thats my experience anyway.

i got the burner goin this evening,an just wanna use a spray to be extra cautious.. or ease my anxiety ? haha... actually..my airflows so good i didnt think i'd have any problems.. but i had really unexpected growth since i last saw them, which just made everything crazy...lots of weaving : ) an lots of potentially good problems.. but problems for now.

status : yeah.. im doing a whole room makeover after this one : ) an maybe all new strains if this pm stays around..

thanks fellas...:smokeit:

statusquo

I feel ya man. I just killed off a bunch of plants and scrubbed everything down. No more cuts that I think might be infected and also going to start doing soil applications of neem early on. Also I am going to start running lights at night to increase night temps and decrease humidity.

praisehim.

Veteran
I feel ya man. I just killed off a bunch of plants and scrubbed everything down. No more cuts that I think might be infected and also going to start doing soil applications of neem early on. Also I am going to start running lights at night to increase night temps and decrease humidity.

that sucks.. but better buds than not : ) i run my stuff at night an still .... pm.. but i picked up my dehumidifier from storage an am gettin a spray application tomorrow, an then adding an applying those two on saturday after a bit of sulfurs been burned..

just gotta stay irie till then... hope greentrees has something good to assist me with that. : )

yibidy

mmm bushmaster i think she needs some of that cuz her node spacing is horrible and she stretches like 3 times or at least 2 feet when switched, i dunno which it is but she needs some lst along with topping, super croping and pinching. for pm keep temps up like 75 and good circulation, also trim the leaves that are totally in the shade and you can avoid it all together cuz personally i wouldnt smoke any herb that was in a room with a sulfer burner when there were flowers on the plant. keep it as organic as possible. that shit can be nasty and just expect to get it on almost any cut at like a club. it cant be that bad to smoke though cuz well shit ive seen pm buds at clinics and my friend has probably had every type of pm on his outdo and i smoked it all no probs but dont bet your life on it cuz mold spores can mess you up.

Jalisco Kid

I had a cherry ak47 from heirloom genetics. He gave it to me about a year ago. I was told it would remind me of old mendo herb. It is a pretty plant with a nice structure. If it was my only plant I would have been disappointed. I did not keep her but did pass her around after I cut down the mom. JK

Latest posts

Latest posts