What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
look's frosty like wreck.....hello san diego:D......haven't stopped bye in a whyle,just checking my brother's progress.....

toohighmf

Veteran
Would the real Bubba Kush please stand up?
Time to break it down and keep it real. This has to be one of the most common cultivars of cannabis and it's a damn shame we can't agree as to what is and what is not "bubba kush". Now, as I said, I'm new to the kush game so I need some assistance as to how to identify the real "bubba kush". Who's got the real deal? Let's see some pics.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smell is sweet earthy bubblegum goodness.

this is real bubba kush...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=375593&ppuser=22454
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=375594&ppuser=22454
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=375595&ppuser=22454
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=375597&ppuser=22454

humbleguy

Veteran
Spicoli/Mike- I'll post some full plant pics early next week.

toohighmf- That's the real deal eh? I see some major similarities. It may just be your nutrient profile. The shown table is coming down next week. I will put up some final flowers for ya.

Doco

One of the better "House Strains" that Members Only had was a Sour Wreck that I really liked. That and a Blackberry Kush if I remember. I dunno if they had clones of it - I only went a couple of times. BTW, they are opening back up the first of the year but are only taking selected patients.

The Trainwreck cut that I'd gotten from Ape a couple years ago was lemony and sprawled all over the place - needed lots of support. Yours looks incredible at 3 weeks but then again, so do all the rest of your shots. You've got a mighty green thumb.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420-i use canna bioterra soil and the biocanna line of nutrients and i do what the bottle says...just feed em the sugars the last couple weeks and some cannazyme...the buffers are in the soil so no balancing or further amendments needed...and thats pretty much it...and thanks.....used to get crazy w some shit, but im old,tired and my back hurts.

G

guest5703

Does this look like TrainWreck to you fellas? This was picked up at Members Only collective in North Park(R.I.P.) by a good friend of mine. Frosty as my freezer drawers at week 3;
Unless its the way you grow(which is superior to us all it seems lol) I'd say that isnt the real Arcata TW. The way I can usually always spot the real deal TW is the curly ass hairs that just lap over each other. Your cut sure is frosty, but once again I'm calling not TW.

The Trainwreck cut that I'd gotten from Ape a couple years ago was lemony and sprawled all over the place - needed lots of support.
I had obtained the TW cut from APE maybe 6-7 months ago, and it WAS the real deal arcata. Weird TW smell that I cannot describe but can ALWAYS tell if it is the same arcata smell, theres just no mistaking it. And with Arcata the growth is lanky, stretchy, and can foxtail pretty good if let go long enough. Check out some TW shots....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

J

JeffSpicoli

ya the smoke on PNC bullrider is nice, reminds of like a BNL, or almost kinda sensit star like. Its definitely got a real fruityness from what i remember. Def not the strong Pine you get from BR.. Decent smoke, just not what i was lookin for.

Cali's pics look just my TW did when i had her many years back, but his veg pic looks NOTHING like mine did, haha.
I still think humble could have TW, 3weeks is pretty early, and when i grew her, she already had frost on the big fan leaves that early, much like humble.

I had to chop down my LarryBerry due to me not wanting the caterpillars to take anymore of my nice top colas.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we have been instructed to keep the clone buying talk on the socal clones thread...we need to keep the thread around for another 4000 posts! haha

S

Shan Diego

Cali, that is the Trainwreck I remember too...those woody, branchy purple stems are the giveaway in veg...Humble, your pics only show close-up shots...does your TW have purple stems?

Also, the TW I've known does frost up faster than anything else in the garden and when she's done things do get messy...she tends to collapse on herself, like you turned a mop upside down.

J

JeffSpicoli

i think there is a different reason for purple stems and its not strain specific, a lot of my og cuts get purple strains when they start to get rootbound. I always thought of purple/woody stems as a sign of things not being perfectly dialed. I have different clones from the same mom, that the healthy ones will be a nice bright green, and the not as vigorous/healthy ones have a woody/purple stem.

S

Shan Diego

upon further review...

upon further review...

i think there is a different reason for purple stems and its not strain specific, a lot of my og cuts get purple strains when they start to get rootbound. I always thought of purple/woody stems as a sign of things not being perfectly dialed. I have different clones from the same mom, that the healthy ones will be a nice bright green, and the not as vigorous/healthy ones have a woody/purple stem.

You know, I had a look at some old pics, and they are not as purple as I thought they were...the buds, however, are dead on with Cali's...I do believe you have TW.

praisehim.

Veteran
quote :Also, the TW I've known does frost up faster than anything else in the garden and when she's done things do get messy...she tends to collapse on herself, like you turned a mop upside down.

thats how i know tw to be ^^

an i think JEFFS right.. purple stems are a sign of stress of some sort.. not sure what exactly.. but the greener the stem for me.. usally the greener an stickier the buds : )

G

guest5703

there are threads on IC about why stems turn purple, but its definitely because of a certain deficiency and not strain related. HOWEVER, I would assume certain strains more easily effected by certain deficiencies, making them turn purple on the stems more easily than other strains.

guest396

my brother you are usually spot on w/ the info but i may differ in opion w/ you on this one jeff. i have a few things that look a certain way reguardless. ak47 cherry pheno is one. it's stem is dark mazanita like red 24/7 no matter what. i wish i had madness still as i think i remember a distintion on her as well. i could be wrong tho, as i am just OHGEE, and not ELOHIM. and besides i know you have more experience then i do on your worst day. lol :joint:

OHGEE

statusquo

I remember crazy composer saying that purple stems = underfed plant generally. Green stems = well fed. He said he aims for a good medium between purple and green. Also, when you break off branches the underfed purple ones' inside should not taste like anything whereas a green plant that is well fed will have fluids that taste like something. Don't know if its true but seems to go along with my observations. What do you guys think?