What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got some seeds from my purpleskunk cross that had those little pointy tails too. they passed the pinch test and had good coloration though..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
YOU KNOW YOUR HIGH WHEN.....

YOU KNOW YOUR HIGH WHEN.....

this is probably one of these things i shouldnt tell people-but i just drooled on my shirt while i was reading some posts!!!! but i have a pretty good excuse, i may have overindulged a bit.......since 4 ive smoked bowls of: OGHerijuana,cindy99,ecsd,sour dubble, purpleskunk(purpunk-theres a good name!)grapekrush,platinum kush. couple joints have been rolled also. ever have a friend stop by, you smoke em out royal style, then right after they take off someone else stops by-gotta start all over again? next thing i know im droolin on myself! haha...im trashed, hope noone else stops by.....:yoinks:

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
gt-if she is late in flowering you should be getting the yellow and red leaves by now. at least that seems to happen everytime we run it indoors. thats one way for us to tell wether a cut is legit or not. plus, all the scraggly ass growth on the lower part of the branches-another trait.

Hey Sub,
When you wake up and can see straight again...check this out

picture.php

Peace

J

JeffSpicoli

thats the P91, without a doubt....

Unless of course im just stoned stupid, and its something else....

BUt that light yellow/red, and just the shape of the leaf.

Seems like P91 is making a comeback, and its becoming a 'hyped' strain... I mean, its already one of the most hyped strains for the people who knew about it back in the day... But it seems like lately ive been hearing a lot more people mentioning it, and a lot more wanting to get her

On another note, my buddy was telling me its related to Silver Pearl.... Silver Pearl is a three-way hybrid of Early Girl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights, and is supposed to lean heavy on the NL side....
I told him to get me the whole detailed history if he can, so ill keep ya guys updated

Grow Tech

Veteran
Very cool guys Thanks!
I'm going to have a BUNCH of seeds from her fathered by my "3rd Floor" Ortega( sts reversed). I'm hoping my amigo will be willing to run a few of the new cross so I can work through the beans a little faster looking for that keeper mom. I see a FAT yielding, stupefying indica coming fromm the cross.

I was wondering about the claim that P-91 is a cubed NL. Everytime theres a discussion about low odor strains, NL come up. But as mentioned several times here and witnessed by myself...P-91 has got some STANK going on.

I made the mistake of trimming some scrag off with my outdoor P-91 mid morning awhile back. Fortunately my neighbor is way cool because the next day he said he had smelled her. Granted the wind blows his direction but :wallbash: that's the type of thing that can cause security issues.

Peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if we could get a definitive history that would be great. ive never heard anything but the cubed nl story....first ive heard of the silver pearl, though some other genetics mixed in may help explain the growth structure of her, very unique for a nl selection...cant wait to hear more......her appeal to me is for the medical properties.....very heavy high, but recreational is not the purpose for p91 IMO, that is why mixing her in some other gene pools turns me on!

Grow Tech

Veteran
Happy Sunny Saturday SD!
I was out raking the yard & my thoughts drifted ( thanks to purple erkle b loads & a cookie) to seeds.
Can you guys help me compare/ contrast

feminized vs sts reverse fatherd beans

My gut says that with the sts pollen method you'll get mostly females but I know I've gotten males from that method too. Theyre not the same thing are they?

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Theoretically, if you reverse a true female(one without hermie traits) you should wind up with all female plants. They will not necessarily be an exact copy of the mother due to the same genetic recombination that happens with males and females. If the female has heterozygous alleles for various traits, you can wind up with several phenos.

I, too, have always heard the story that the P-91 was a NL cubed, but no one seems to know except the Poway boys. No one knows which NL it was, which could explain some of the variation in phenos that some folks discuss. Of course, there is always the possibility that a lot of what is called p-91 is actually a P-91 cross. I believe that the P-91 that I had was probably a P-91 x Afghani#1 cross. It was hermi prone, but only to a small degree(8-20 seeds on a hermi plant).

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey pops! lemme ask, did the leaves look like gt's pic above? the p that i have run a few times over the last few years ALWAYS ends up with red and yellow leaves. hydro, organic, hybrid of the two, doesnt matter-its the most distinguishing characteristic i can think of...

Very interesting, I currently have 5 P-91's at 5 day flowering now. Source was C2G from APE's stock so I "assume" it's the real thing. I have really enjoyed bringing these clones along, it's a real easy strain to work with so far and I've taken several cuts which were also quite easy to root.

This was the day I repotted them for flowering and had them outdoors for a nice drink.... you can see I had help.
picture.php

picture.php

I had another strain years ago that got those pink/gold leaves.... it was very good, hope the P-91 measures up!!!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
hey pops! lemme ask, did the leaves look like gt's pic above? the p that i have run a few times over the last few years ALWAYS ends up with red and yellow leaves. hydro, organic, hybrid of the two, doesnt matter-its the most distinguishing characteristic i can think of...

Leaf shape was right, though color depends on how much you flush. I really didn't get much of the red stem on P-91, though Jedi(NL x BB) always had red stems.

skeeter_d

Wut Up my SD folks . so i just went legal and i was wondering if any one could shed some light on our local laws regarding outdoor growing. This is all i found .

San Diego (also Chula Vista)
City Council guidelines allow up to 1 lb of marijuana, 24 plants in 64 square feet indoors; no outdoors growing allowed except in enclosed greenhouses.
Define enclosed? is any structure covered in plastic or shade cloth enclosed ? Help me out if you know. Also anybody know wuts up with the strain "Earth" ? i just picked sum up and it was bomb!

J

JeffSpicoli

gardengoddess pics dont look like P91 to me... Nodes arent tight enough, and it doesnt have that scraggily undergrowth bullshit coming out from every node, like a tumbleweed...
Looks very much like a chem hybrid almost.

Also as to the P91 being related to silver pearl... The friend who told me this is part of that crew, he IS that crew. I asked him to try to get a detailed history of the P91 for me, and he said he would.. but havent heard back... He wouldnt make some shit up tho, and hes one of the people partly responsible for a lot of the hyped SD strains

ourcee

I'm just waitin for ape to drop some p91 off at pnc now...

been wanting to get my hands on that one for somethin like 3 years now.

Hi Jeff, I manicured these girls to clean them up for flowering so they're definitely cleaned up a bit, vegged them under t5's with the lights about 12" from the canopy so they stretched a little but thought they had pretty tight nodes. Oh well, APE confirmed that my source was one of his regular people and with the good rep he had I'm going to have to just keep my fingers crossed as they mature.

Out of curiosity, have you cloned the P-91 yourself too? This strain has rooted real easily for me. I'm sitting on a bunch of babies here and was thinking about passing this one around and sharing with others. Maybe I'll hold on a little longer till I can confirm. I've always been careful about choosing reputable sources and would hate to learn I made a mistake with Clones 2 Grow here in Temecula.

On a totally different note.... I have a friend that I gave several strains of seed crosses that I had done years ago. Visited this week and I selected several especially nice looking plants to take cuts from. Going to be a LOT of fun growing these up and sorting through them!! I don't remember looking forward to a grow as much as these cuts:D

It's just so nice having a garden to tend to again, it sure seems like it's a lot easier to get a hold of elite strains now than it used to be and I'm REALLY enjoying that.

Grow Tech

Veteran
Gooing Morning Friends,
Here's a pic of the mom that I took that leaf from
picture.php

Now keep in mind that she was grown in conditions pretty different than you're probably used to see. She is outside in low light conditions AND because of the timing when I moved her outdoors, she has had to finish as daylength is at it's longest. She also has had her branches spread open for maximum pollen coverage. You can see in the pic below that we got beans :muahaha:
picture.php

She's coming down tonight. I pulled a few beans from their sheath this morning and they were nice & ripe.

Peace & Beans

Diskrete

Whoa, I am happy to have found this thread, just got set up here at IC. Very excited to see the work you all have been up to, I hope I can keep up. The P-91 is crazy, and have not had it in years...this alone intrigues me to want to get a clone. I have already learned alot from what you all have posted. I had no idea of the genetic or regional background of P-91, it does make sense P, but not something I would have thought about. I got some catching up to do...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
welcome to icmag dis-and to SDF. ya, i lived in poway and smoked commercial p for almost a decade before i realized it was a hometown strain!