What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dragor, I agree completely. There are a multitude of problems out there, some physical, some emotional, some psychological. Some folks treat these problems with Big Pharma drugs, some with alcohol, some with sex(why can't I ever find these ladies) and some with illegal drugs. Many of these folks are self medicating without knowing it.

We see from some of the drug trials that some people get better on the placebo. Sativex just failed Phase 2 trials, because too many folks got relief from the placebo. We all want to alter our situation, or at least forget our problems for a while. Sex,alcohol and drugs can do that for us. Some are legal, some are not.

In my incessant rants on the advantages of CBD, I take into consideration the physical effects. THC does make you feel better even though it may be just a temporary illusion. CBD, however, helps fight stress and anxiety. This is not an illusion,as there are medical reports that explain that CBD causes neuron generation in the hippocampus of the brain, which alleviates anxiety. CBD is also anti-inflammatory for sore muscles and joints and relaxes the long muscles in the body. I guess you could say that THC relaxes most of the muscles, as some folks can't use their muscles to get off the couch and wipe the drool off their face. CBD is also immunomodulatory and strengthens the immune system.

Endocannabinoids control all our body functions. We are a mass of constant chemical reactions. If outside sources like dangerous chemicals in our food, water and air cause some of our endocannabinoid system to work improperly, we get sick. It is possible that the cannabis plant(the only other source of cannabinoids) can get our bodies back on track.

Last edited:

Dragor

Pops - your words ring loud and clear bro thanks, so outta curiousity what was the closest all-CBD strain that you've smoked thusfar? It sounds very medicinal indeed, and something that big Pharma is all over for its enteral route of administration, unaltered from gland extract to gelatin pill. I wish I had time/space to test out all the awesome landrace sativas out there for the real medicinal properties high THC content cannabis (similar to your study with high CBD plants), one day maybe one day..

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
So far, I have not found a pure CBD plant yet. I have a hemp plant from Minnesota that is in veg now,the only survivor of 40 old seeds. I imagine that smoking it will taste similar to smoking 3 year old gym socks. I plan to make crosses with it, depending on whether it is male or female. Unfortunately most NLD strains(what we call sativas) do not have CBD, but a lot of THCV. I have 19 land race strains, but only a few are Afghan or paki strains that will have the possibility of CBD. I have a lot of sativas from N. India(Himalayan charas strains) that I have not grown, as they are a lower priority. I have Malana, Pahari farmhouse, Parvati, an unknown N. Indian sativa from Varanasi, Kerala, Kasol,Manali and Punjab. If you ever want to do some experimental grows, let me know.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Happy Friday!

I just wanted to mention something that came out of the last San Diego ASA meeting.

There is a group beinging organized to attend the first session of the new San Diego City Council. I'll be taking a long lunch that day to attend. It's probably going to be a chaotic event and who knows how much time the group is given to speak but my goal is to BE SEEN. If we can get 25 people from the diverse fabric of San Diego Medical Cannabis Community to show it will make an impact.

If youre interested in joining, please save the day / time ( Dec. 8th- 1pm ) and drop me a PM. I'll do my best to collect details and pass them on.

Peace & Making Positive Impressions

gregger

Hey Grow Tech, this is very constructive... I will go ahead and send you a PM to get more details.

Since you are in San Diego, have you heard of any delivery services being raided by the DEA? I know California Safe Access got raided not to long ago, but Canna Pharmacy is still around. What puts providers of MMJ on federal radar in terms of the amount of medicine, plants, money?

bbing

Pops said:
.. I have a lot of sativas from N. India(Himalayan charas strains) that I have not grown, as they are a lower priority. I have Malana, Pahari farmhouse, Parvati, an unknown N. Indian sativa from Varanasi, Kerala, Kasol,Manali and Punjab. If you ever want to do some experimental grows, let me know.

:jawdrop:

Dragor

^^^seriously!^^^ genetic collection unlike any other Pops ! probably be sweet to have em all running side by side in a gh, shitload of work but would be a sic experimental grow :p

spring water flush coming up for this fat mama in the next day or two til I see ten percent ambers, and I'll quote BiG... "momma gonna knock you out" she's produced the most for me so far of all the grows I've done in my almost micro 250w setup; knocked over buds everywhere loaded with resin and smelling like a super potent vanilla spice kush, noticing now how the calyxes are very albino giving it a very bright White look

the three main tops at fifty-three, ten to go

Last edited:

gregger

Not doing the Delivery Service

Not doing the Delivery Service

Thank you guys for all your advice. I will be scrapping the delivery service idea. It is not worth getting busted by the federal government and the DEA. Thank you again for helping me make my decision.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Very nice Joe!

Warning! It was brought to my attention someone on here is promoting there delivery services. If you have not read my sticky threads. I suggest you do. It is not allowed and is a bannable offense after fair warnings. Unless you are on the California Norml list. Then you CAN NOT!!!! Advertise or state that you are a delivery service as i will just recognize you as a cop trying to get information.

This is for everyone's safety. Thanks...

Last edited:

gregger

Is it not clear... I am not doing the delivery service. It is not worth the federal penalty. I never had a service, but was just inquiring to the aspects of starting one. Sorry if this was not clear but I never promoted a delivery service.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
no worries gregger. Just for everyone's safety bro. Glad to have you on the boards.

Edit: Arggggg top of the page. haha

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Pops said:
So far, I have not found a pure CBD plant yet. I have a hemp plant from Minnesota that is in veg now,the only survivor of 40 old seeds. I imagine that smoking it will taste similar to smoking 3 year old gym socks. I plan to make crosses with it, depending on whether it is male or female. Unfortunately most NLD strains(what we call sativas) do not have CBD, but a lot of THCV. I have 19 land race strains, but only a few are Afghan or paki strains that will have the possibility of CBD. I have a lot of sativas from N. India(Himalayan charas strains) that I have not grown, as they are a lower priority. I have Malana, Pahari farmhouse, Parvati, an unknown N. Indian sativa from Varanasi, Kerala, Kasol,Manali and Punjab. If you ever want to do some experimental grows, let me know.
hey pop's I have recently attained seed's from the early 80's from my mom..........popped about 25 only 1 survived.......but I think she may be loaded w/cbd's.......not a high feeling....kinda euphoric and easing....possible stress reliever............here's a shot of her..........

have yet to run her again......but she is as u can see paki dom....only thing is she dosn't really smell......yes she smells but it's different.........MOneY

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Greetings All...Happy Monday!

Pops- Do you have any knowledge on how cooking might impact CBD content? I have heard the temps where THC starts to degrade but nothing specific to CBD. Any input appreciated!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Grow Tech said:
Greetings All...Happy Monday!

Pops- Do you have any knowledge on how cooking might impact CBD content? I have heard the temps where THC starts to degrade but nothing specific to CBD. Any input appreciated!

Id say a lot of the thc turns to CBD's and or CBN's and possibly other cannabinoids. Thus getting the very tired feeling, relaxed, lethargic, and hungry :D but with a pure sativa. Id say the ratio is a lot less..... Vs. Pure Indica....

SCF

inflorescence

Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
CBG does not get you high and does not modulate the THC much at all. As for CBD how do you know it was high in CBD did you test it with a GC? If all you did was smoke it in truth you have no idea if the plant had any CBD or CBG at all. In the USA almost all of the herb grown is mostly THC with little to none of the other 71 Cannabinoids. Did you know that?
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v09n3/09320gie.html

-SamS

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
id disagree with that statement in California. A lot of indica is known to have high CBD and CBN. We have a lot of great Skunks, and kushs. Maybe the same thing. Pure indicas here. So i would disagree with that statement in California. As i can see them in my Microscope. And i can control the percentage with my growing habits. although a lot has to do with the proper environment. When i harvest. And how i dry. If i follow good growing guides i have much more control of the rate vs, bad growing and drying process. No matter what strain it is. although there have been a couple of strains out of 100's, that i have yet to be able to turn brown, nor amber. But they where pure sativas.

SCF

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts