What's new

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Calico....Sorry to hear about your nightmare!

Cali & All-
It's the County Health dept that issues the State Cards. Here's a link

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/mmic/

It seems that you have to go to their Rosecrans office.

Something to be aware of... While most of us know that plant / med quantity limits were found unconstitutional last year, I have heard debate that holding a State card could subject you to having that type of limitations. The reasoning being is that it is a voluntary program. What are these limits? Who would decide? .... You got me. Unfortuantely the whole legal thing iis still clear as mud.

Try to keep your head up Calico. Unless you were rolling with a qp or something...I bet the possesion charge will be dropped.

Peace & Safety

V

Voodoo

Hey Calico....Sorry to hear about your nightmare!

Cali & All-
It's the County Health dept that issues the State Cards. Here's a link

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/mmic/

It seems that you have to go to their Rosecrans office.

Something to be aware of... While most of us know that plant / med quantity limits were found unconstitutional last year, I have heard debate that holding a State card could subject you to having that type of limitations. The reasoning being is that it is a voluntary program. What are these limits? Who would decide? .... You got me. Unfortuantely the whole legal thing iis still clear as mud.

Try to keep your head up Calico. Unless you were rolling with a qp or something...I bet the possesion charge will be dropped.

Peace & Safety

Grow, great advice, I was wondering where and what to do to get one. After this little incident I think Im definitely going to now.:thank you:

Of course on the other hand if you were the officer and pulled a young guy over late night, in a car with mods, with out of state tags, who had a suspended license - and then you found drugs on their person... Cal, I am absolutely 100% against you that your possession charge is bullshit, but you can see what I mean. They should drop the possession charge on the grounds that its legal for you, and hey if they don't; they're blatantly harassing a patient and denying them safe access to their medicine. Sounds like a winning legal case to me. :comfort:

As for a state card somehow limiting your plant count after said plant counts have been deemed unconstitutional - well as long as we're denying constitutional rights - hey, lets eliminate women's right to vote and go get us some slaves! Any lawyer in court will be able to hold his own with the supreme court backing him, I don't care how much the DA has it out for you.

Sorry, I get feisty about the enforcement of marijuana law in San Diego - especially when it involves patients. :bashhead:

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
i went and got my state ID card the very first day they started the program... Definitely was stoked to be able to get it after the years of bullshit fighting the program...

Humble's Chem D, is the same one that i had. HUGE colas, ridiculous. Smells like straight chemdawg.... Like the smell the chem91 (docta) cut gives off.
That cut is definitely different than the cut of Chem D that subrob has. Subrobs has a much more foul stank, and doesnt develop colas like the other.

Lately ive been smoking lots of Albert Walker, and truly is the giggliest fucking weed ever... I get so fucking stupid high, and space out like no other.... And i have a CRAZY high tolerance, but the AW still gets me everytime... Its definitely a favorite amongst many many friends

guest396

Lately ive been smoking lots of Albert Walker, and truly is the giggliest fucking weed ever... I get so fucking stupid high, and space out like no other.... And i have a CRAZY high tolerance, but the AW still gets me everytime... Its definitely a favorite amongst many many friends

:laughing:Thumbprint.... :laughing: what up dude how ya been??

biglove

calico, what a bummer :(

calico, what a bummer :(

Thank you so much for posting your experience and giving us all a very important heads up.

There are 3 plants we are playing with of dubious validity(sp?) and would love some input from more experienced heads to help identify the plants. The 3 in ? are the supposed "Og Kush" pictured here, a mystery plant that looks like an NL in structure with buds sites so heavy they split the plant in half, and kept growing. The 3rd is the "bullrider" we got at PNC when they were in sorrento valley that def isnt bullrider, with a yield on the small size done in 8 weeks but the buds are VERY sugar coated with a mellow sweet smell and a nice buzz that we keep around for head stash only.

Please take a look at the stucture of this plant and chime in with an opinion. I have a grower pal that doesn't think it's OGK, but not 100% sure, and I am looking for more confirmation. This supposed "OG Kush" roots and grows at a nice clip, but I heard OGK is finicky to root and grows slow in veg??

Aw sucko I can't upload the pic :/ can anyone cut and paste the OG Kush pic from my gallery on a post? Sorry for the trouble bros, I really appreciate the help. peace to all, BL

V

Voodoo

Thank you so much for posting your experience and giving us all a very important heads up.

There are 3 plants we are playing with of dubious validity(sp?) and would love some input from more experienced heads to help identify the plants. The 3 in ? are the supposed "Og Kush" pictured here, a mystery plant that looks like an NL in structure with buds sites so heavy they split the plant in half, and kept growing. The 3rd is the "bullrider" we got at PNC when they were in sorrento valley that def isnt bullrider, with a yield on the small size done in 8 weeks but the buds are VERY sugar coated with a mellow sweet smell and a nice buzz that we keep around for head stash only.

Please take a look at the stucture of this plant and chime in with an opinion. I have a grower pal that doesn't think it's OGK, but not 100% sure, and I am looking for more confirmation. This supposed "OG Kush" roots and grows at a nice clip, but I heard OGK is finicky to root and grows slow in veg??

Aw sucko I can't upload the pic :/ can anyone cut and paste the OG Kush pic from my gallery on a post? Sorry for the trouble bros, I really appreciate the help. peace to all, BL

Arching, saw bladed leaves with a spaced out growth pattern. Its OG alright.

Nah, Rascal is the one thats hard to root cause the strain has been weakened so much from people not taking care of the genetics. OG Kush in general is just super sensitive to PH in my experience. If I mix anything just slightly outside 5.8-6.2 the stems will purple. If you show em night time temps of lower than 65, the stems will purple (IN VEG!). If you spray them with anti fungals or pesticides, they will absorb foliar sprays and the stems will turn purple. Like I said, total pain.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Thanks guys. Voodoo I have Cali tags bro and my car is registered til june and i have insurance on the car. I was pulled over for having a passenger side taillight being out.

I went back yesterday morning to where they left my car and took pics of each taillight being on. I took it with my phone so it is time stamped and date stamped so there is no bullshit on my end.

Bonnie Dumbass is pissing me off. If its not busting legal patients its fucking with san diego county citizens and harassing them. They went to peoples houses and took them to jail for outstanding traffic tickets in a warrant sweep...there were some guys in there that all they had to do was pay a fine and they were going to jail...maybe the county would have more money if the cops weren't all working at the same damn time doing dumb things like warrant sweeps on normal everyday citizens trying to get by. Excuse me while I medicate...

V

Voodoo

Thanks guys. Voodoo I have Cali tags bro and my car is registered til june and i have insurance on the car. I was pulled over for having a passenger side taillight being out.

I went back yesterday morning to where they left my car and took pics of each taillight being on. I took it with my phone so it is time stamped and date stamped so there is no bullshit on my end.

Bonnie Dumbass is pissing me off. If its not busting legal patients its fucking with san diego county citizens and harassing them. They went to peoples houses and took them to jail for outstanding traffic tickets in a warrant sweep...there were some guys in there that all they had to do was pay a fine and they were going to jail...maybe the county would have more money if the cops weren't all working at the same damn time doing dumb things like warrant sweeps on normal everyday citizens trying to get by. Excuse me while I medicate...

My bad Calico. Good work with the pics, def what I would be doing. As for the warrant sweep, if anyone has any questions as to whether they're in the black:

SD Sherriff Warrant Lookup

Oh and smoke report on that ADC (alien dawg cherry) - I officially take back everything I have ever said about Alien Dawg Cherry. Now that the buds have had some time to dry out and cure the smoke has really improved. I would put it as stronger than the Alien Ether now. I rarely get to the point where I get tracers and so on, but apparently I spent 15 min petting my dog and then went through about 5lbs of food. Yay ADC! If you have one, keep her around!

praisehim.

Veteran
ohhh 5 pounds of food an 15 minute dog pets ?! ... awesome.. my dogs will love that..haha.

thanks for the link.. i dont have a warrant !! woo ! woo !

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Nah, Rascal is the one thats hard to root cause the strain has been weakened so much from people not taking care of the genetics. .

Im gonna have to disagree with ya here voo...
In my experience the r@skal cut is one of the easier ones to root, and is one of the lesser finicky of ogkush cuts. Its one of the few that doesnt show the leaf twist/curl mosaic virus.
Its also one of the easier ones to root/clone.
And i definitely have to strongly disagree about it being weakened from so many people not taking care of genetics.....
Of all the og cuts, the r@skal cut is gonna be one of the ones that hasnt been passed around/ is tightly held... So its gonna be less butchered than the other cuts, which are much more circulated.

Ive had many friend tell me Tahoe og is the hardest to root, but i was getting 100% success in 7-10 days with her.
For me the Larry og was probably the hardest to root.
I also would almost be willing to bet that the Ghost og and the Larry og are the same cut, except i always had better clone success with the Ghost... but the smoke/growth habits are identical between the ghost and larry, whereas the other ogs you can notice subtle differences throughout there life. But its obvious that the Tahoe, Valley, R@skal, Larry are all different from eachother.,

Your right about the slightest stress causing purple stems... But in my experience, it has been letting them get rootbound more than anything else...
Ive never noticed purpling from spraying fungicides, nor did i get purple stems from low night temps... And ive grown OG outdoors more than a few times....

Anyways, i just had to say something when you mention r@skals cut being weakened from too many people not taking care of her... Cause she really probably has been cloned less generations than most of the other og cuts

V

Voodoo

Im gonna have to disagree with ya here voo...
In my experience the r@skal cut is one of the easier ones to root, and is one of the lesser finicky of ogkush cuts. Its one of the few that doesnt show the leaf twist/curl mosaic virus.
Its also one of the easier ones to root/clone.
And i definitely have to strongly disagree about it being weakened from so many people not taking care of genetics.....
Of all the og cuts, the r@skal cut is gonna be one of the ones that hasnt been passed around/ is tightly held... So its gonna be less butchered than the other cuts, which are much more circulated.

Ive had many friend tell me Tahoe og is the hardest to root, but i was getting 100% success in 7-10 days with her.
For me the Larry og was probably the hardest to root.
I also would almost be willing to bet that the Ghost og and the Larry og are the same cut, except i always had better clone success with the Ghost... but the smoke/growth habits are identical between the ghost and larry, whereas the other ogs you can notice subtle differences throughout there life. But its obvious that the Tahoe, Valley, R@skal, Larry are all different from eachother.,

Your right about the slightest stress causing purple stems... But in my experience, it has been letting them get rootbound more than anything else...
Ive never noticed purpling from spraying fungicides, nor did i get purple stems from low night temps... And ive grown OG outdoors more than a few times....

Anyways, i just had to say something when you mention r@skals cut being weakened from too many people not taking care of her... Cause she really probably has been cloned less generations than most of the other og cuts

Totally fair! Im going based solely on my own cuts experience, and then trying to take cuts for friends and theirs and my own rooting experiences. Mine just doesn't like to root. Subrob said he was having a similar issue, so I was under the assumption that it wasn't just me. By contrast, it took me 4 days to root Larry Berry - which is looking excellent I might add.:tiphat:

Oh and speaking of Rascals, I just cut her down. :D

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
yea the larry berry definitely didnt take on the rooting characteristics of the mother.

The key to good root success for OG's is happy moms. Having a mother plant with tons of root space, and nice healthy green stems... If they have the purple stems like you were talking about its gonna take 3weeks easy to root... If they have that nice flexible green look, then 2 weeks max.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
completely drenching the cubes dont help either...:)

for sure, og can be finicky to root. It needs like that 'just right' amount of moisture... Then after about 10days or so, you start to almost let the cubes dry out, and then you will start getting crazy roots bursting out.

Of all the strains ive clones, the og's have definitely been the trickiest, but after many many MANY batches of og clones, i finally got her dialed

Dr.Diddy

I am looking for some cuts for the next grow, where is the place to get em? Looking for Tahoe, ECSD, Alien dog, madness and any other recommended strains.

Dr. Diddy - Beneficial Care Collective downtown has some bomb RELIABLE clones, the person who grows there KNOWS his shit and only cares the real deal, most of which is from seed unless it's a California Elite Cut... I know he has lots of Blue Dream Haze, Original OG Kush, CHemdawg D, some Chemdawg 4....stuff along that line

biglove

dr. diddy,

PNC in Long Beach has Subrob's Madness cut, alien dog and about 35 others. You can call them ahead of time and have them reserve what you need before you drive the 90 min to get there. they are on weedtracker.com The mini moms are a real time saver, for only $6-10 more per clone you can shave a month off your grow. We picked up Skywalker and F-13 mini moms and the F-13 is kicking ass. Got it flowering now to see what kind of plant we have but we're digging the vigor of that girl.

Bros of SD, thanks for the great OG info. Got a great spot for a lil persy outdoor grow in Carm valley this year so it won't get too hot. Smoketrees, I was thinking of putting out a foot or 16" tall OG Kush around June 10th, any advice on growing this girl outdoors? Top or let her run wild? I have no size restrictions and she'll get direct sun all day so I have a lot of space to work with ;) My outdoor will have some OG Kush, Sour D x OG Kush, grape romulan, headband, grapefruit haze, f-13, and prob skywalker and a california orange, tons o fun!

Thanks again bros for the input. I'll try to get a pick of the faux bullrider up to see if anyone can ID it. It's frosty as hell, a nice plant, it's just not the real BR : /

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
biglove-

Top her. LOTS. Tie her over, lst here, top her... Do it all, She needs to be trained.. the more budsites as you can get the better. Everyone say's og isnt a yielder, its just a plant that needs training... You can get her to yield, you just gotta bush out a monster with a fuckload of tops.
I would say tying her over is the best bet.

Caterpillars are gonna be your biggest threat outdoors... I recomend monterey garden insect killer, or any spinosad derived product... It is the only thing that completely elimnates the pillars.... Spray at the start of flower, then again about 30 days in.
Ive tried many precautions/techniques to get rid of the caterpillars, and the spinosad is by far the most effective treatment

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
biglove-

Top her. LOTS. Tie her over, lst here, top her... Do it all, She needs to be trained.. the more budsites as you can get the better. Everyone say's og isnt a yielder, its just a plant that needs training... You can get her to yield, you just gotta bush out a monster with a fuckload of tops.
I would say tying her over is the best bet.

Caterpillars are gonna be your biggest threat outdoors... I recomend monterey garden insect killer, or any spinosad derived product... It is the only thing that completely elimnates the pillars.... Spray at the start of flower, then again about 30 days in.
Ive tried many precautions/techniques to get rid of the caterpillars, and the spinosad is by far the most effective treatment

Spinosad is great! It wont kill your beneficial insects. Remember only spray in the evening :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts