What's new

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks quo and cal!and ya...i was being sarcastic..i just didnt do it well! ha... and thanks especially gt!
this is a shot of one of the sourdabs...they are in an awkward position to get good pics of...sorry...this is the sd backcross...smells like ecsd w out the skunk influence...very citrusy diesel fueliness...they all smell good...this one may be my favorite of this round...she fell over and smushed her cola on the side of the tent..first pic doesnt really do plant justice but the second really shows the diesel influence...no idea what day they are at...somewhere in the thirties i imagine...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone hope all is good . It's been awhile since I've been on the computer but I'll post some pix of the Hogsbreath cut I finished about a month ago and man that is one awesome cut for sure .:wave:

Zoo...howzit bro? it is always good to see you round these parts...our friend came to see me...he had some awesome bhthb..whoever grew it did a great job:) anyways...good to see you again!

praisehim.

Veteran
couple shots of milk, then turkey !? oh yea.. my turkey day was great. hungry and highly medicated.. just how i like it.

nice pics SUB. that bhthog looks great.

S

Shan Diego

Got Spice?

Got Spice?

So, if you know anybody in possession of “Spice,” “K2,” “Blaze,” and/or “Red X Dawn” you should tell them to get rid of it. In less than a month, it will be an official controlled substance...Schedule I. (get caught with it, you have a problem...)

here's a link to your uncle sam's site:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/pressrel/pr112410.html

praisehim.

Veteran
^^ i had someone ask me if i wanted spice the other day.. dont even know wtf it is. dont really wanna know.. but, once again.. thanks for the heads up MR. Diego.

THE ABYSSINIANS are playing tonight at the world beat center for those who enjoy reggae. fifteen bones a ticket.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Quick question, (not expecting many answers b/c everyone is prob getting ready for the show but... Do you guys use fresh or dry trim for making bubble? (via bubblebags)

much obliged.

Here are some of the strains i am planning to extract. Only small buds and sugar trim

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
So awesome. thanks for the quick response. I hear you get a better yield that way. I have never done it fresh. Here goes.

thanks bro.

if i could rep you more... well you know the story..

btw the bthHogs breath that i saw from sub is a 10.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I also think this process retains more terpens, thus making your bubble more flavorful.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
I use non frozen fresh trim and let it sit for about an hour in ice water.

How much of the non frozen fresh trim would you use for a 5gal set? I've been using roughly 7 oz dried.

Enjoy the show guys:rasta:
I'd love to see them again but not feeling up to the trip this eve

NATA....beautiful shots. what strains are those?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
How much of the non frozen fresh trim would you use for a 5gal set? I've been using roughly 7 oz dried.

Enjoy the show guys:rasta:
I'd love to see them again but not feeling up to the trip this eve

NATA....beautiful shots. what strains are those?

I run 20s but one thing i've learned is ya never want to run too much at once. Check bubblemans site. I think he's got a refrence there.

biglove

Hey Nata,

I made bubble a buncha different ways to find the method that gives me the return of the best quality hash , not the best yield. The more you mix, you get more product on the screen but the quality diminishes the more vigorous you mix your trim, IMHO. I've found that when I freeze the trim in paper grocery bags overnight immediatly after trimming and wait a day, I get superior results vs. using fresh, unfrozen trim, I've done the side by side both ways with the same batch of trim and fresh frozen in grocery bags is noticably better. I also mix by hand using bluette rubber gloves, even though it's a pain in the ass vs mixing with a drill and bit but the quality is noticably superior. Believe ,me, I tried like hell to make the drill mixing work cuz it's easier to stand there and operate the drill than to mix by hand but after doing a side by side comparison betweem the 2 methods using the same trim, hand mixing makes noticably superior hash.

More useful tips....Use ro ice and ro water, and chill the water with the ice in an igloo cooler BEFORE you start your batch. By using mostly pure water, and getting it ice cold 1st, you can use less ice in the bucket, just a lil top dressing. Let your trim soak in that for 10 or 15 minutes before you start mixing by hand, then mix with your hands for about a minute then stop. Reach into the bucket 15 min later and gently rotate the mound of wet trim and mix another minute. Wait 15 min and do it a 3rd time, about 45 minutes total time in bucket. When you're ready to pull the bags, get a rope and pulley and drab the first 3 bags and tie the rope around them and using the rope and pulley raise the three bags out of the bucket, tie the rope off and let it drain while you do something else for 10 or 15 minutes, much easier and better results than getting impatient and bouncing the bags to drain them, pushing particulate into the next bag that shouldn't be there.

One method I haven't tried is drying the trim and grinding it up like I do for making BHO. The only reason why I havn't tried it is because i was usually always hustling for herb to smoke and couldn't wait 7 days to dry the trim when I wanted to smoke the next day :)
I noticed when I do BHO I use dry trim and grind it up before I put it in the tube, and was amazed by how much oil I got back considering the amount of trim in the tube. ( 18 inch long pvc 1 1/2 inches in diameter. and ounce and a half prob?) That's another side by side project worth doing someday. roc on nata, lovely pics.

I've been a bho guy since I saw how it was done and couldn't believe, how easy, fast and painless the cleanup is vs bubblebags.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Thanks of all the tips guys. I have the fresh trim (not dry but a few days old) sitting in the 5 gallon bucket of R/O ice at the moment. I'll leave it there for like 45min to an hr. I broke the trim into 3 runs too btw so as to not over load. I did throw the trim in the freezer for 20 min before tossing it into the water. I have always done this when i used dry (really dry.. like crumbly trim). I will try mixing with a few wooden spoons but the drill is SOO much easier. We'll see how i feel on the third run. Anyway, thanks for the tips. The strains are, (in order) Diablo, Banana Gum, C-99 and CC SFV. There are some madness in the mix but no picture here.

Unfortunately my harvest is looking very disappointing weight wise. Not sure what happened but i noticed very slow growth throughout all of flowering. I am going to be treating for root aphids although i didn't see any, although i didn't look properly i suspect. i know they are going around or circle.Plus i tried to defoliate around week 2 of flower which #1 is too early and #2 i don't think is necessary. Total bummer. I really needed this one.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Thank you to who dropped off Sour D at PNC. You know who you are. :) I have been wanting to run this cut for a long time now. Looking great as well, very very healthy. Happy Sunday Dago!

Status
Not open for further replies.