What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

avant gardener

Veteran
Since i don't have A/C I've been waiting for cooler temps to flower indoors. It's time!

Day 1 12/12
View Image
8- V-18
1- Respect OG x HW ( pheno 3 ) Thanks Zen Master. correct me if i got anything wrong...it's been forever since i brought her into my nursery

220 w- 6500K floros
600 w HPS currently but will add a second 600 w hps in a week or so

Growing in Promix BX using Veg & Bloom nutes
10L pots with modifiyed tomato cages

super clean.
are those a pair of bicycle wheels i'm looking at there?
trying to figure out how the fluoros are mounted too.
i need to try vert one of these days.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
super clean.
are those a pair of bicycle wheels i'm looking at there?
trying to figure out how the fluoros are mounted too.
i need to try vert one of these days.

Yes Sir
Those be bicycle wheels. I guess you could say my design style is Elegant Ghetto. My wife stopped giving me shit for collecting "crap" a long time ago. I had found a bike with a free sign about a year ago. After I found this use for the wheels I put the frame back on the street with a free sign. It was gone in 15 mins.

The floros are just wired to the support chains & then to them selves to keep the square nice and stable. They are the twin tube PL-L style lamps being powered by Fulham Workhorse ballasts. Super versatile

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words folks
makes me feel really good my peers approve
warm and fuzzies hehehehe

DoomsDay

have you guys heard of the Asian Citrus Psyllid? well... supposedly they started finding it in san diego areas and it is bad news bears to citrus plants... i dont know if its tied together... but my area just got notices stuck to the door that our area is infected with these and they are coming to lay down poison... well i could have told them we were infected about 3 months ago as my room was covered in them as were my plants. i thought they were leaf hoppers so i went and picked up ladybugs... well that helped, but after being able to look at a few up close, and look at this notice they posted on my door... its the same fucking bugs. my plants are all showing the signs they are saying a fruit plant does when its infected, and ive been treating it as if it is nutrient deficiencies. so just a heads up... read about them... they carry a disease that is known to kill fruit trees.. if one of your ladys that you are miffed about why it was a dudd was attacked by one of these.. we could have a big problem on our hands. im now keeping a very close eye on mine and even went out and picked up 4 more packs of ladybugs. its game time.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
GT is this your first vert run ? i see good things coming your way with that dounut
Thanks Man
I built the setup last year but then Broad mites fucked things up. I've sprayed these girls with Avid and scoped them throughly. I'm really hoping to have a decent run this time

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Master x Bubba

Attachments

• DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 11

avant gardener

Veteran
have you guys heard of the Asian Citrus Psyllid? well... supposedly they started finding it in san diego areas and it is bad news bears to citrus plants... i dont know if its tied together... but my area just got notices stuck to the door that our area is infected with these and they are coming to lay down poison... well i could have told them we were infected about 3 months ago as my room was covered in them as were my plants. i thought they were leaf hoppers so i went and picked up ladybugs... well that helped, but after being able to look at a few up close, and look at this notice they posted on my door... its the same fucking bugs. my plants are all showing the signs they are saying a fruit plant does when its infected, and ive been treating it as if it is nutrient deficiencies. so just a heads up... read about them... they carry a disease that is known to kill fruit trees.. if one of your ladys that you are miffed about why it was a dudd was attacked by one of these.. we could have a big problem on our hands. im now keeping a very close eye on mine and even went out and picked up 4 more packs of ladybugs. its game time.

i work in a nursery. the ag inspectors are forever coming by and nosing around for these things. apparently they are a killer in fruit trees. that's because there's nothing that's approved for bearing citrus trees that slows them down very much. that's the first i've ever heard about them having a taste for cannabis though.

IF they actually are an herb pest—and apart from the last post, i haven't read anything that suggests that they are—then imidacloprid is an effective fix for them. only use that stuff in early veg though as it sticks around for at least 50 days. if you get them in flower, you're pretty much reduced to biocontrols (ladybugs and wasps) or knocking them down with spray.

the folks who reply in this thread seem to be a reasonable and conscientious lot, so this is more of a general caveat. PLEASE don't read this one post, decide that the mystery problem with your plants is citrus psyllids, and go dumping merit 75 in your rez (as well as the groundwater and the ocean). even if you believe the epa when they say imid isn't the nastiest stuff out there, you still don't want to use it needlessly and contribute to pest resistance.

DoomsDay

Well thank you for that bit of information! It all helps. I hope no one reads. Post and just automatically assumes. That was not the intention at all. I am just offerin observations. I will be in my flower room tonight and if I see any I will try to shoot a few Macro shots before I kill them.

aligee

Veteran
i work in a nursery. the ag inspectors are forever coming by and nosing around for these things. apparently they are a killer in fruit trees. that's because there's nothing that's approved for bearing citrus trees that slows them down very much. that's the first i've ever heard about them having a taste for cannabis though.

IF they actually are an herb pest—and apart from the last post, i haven't read anything that suggests that they are—then imidacloprid is an effective fix for them. only use that stuff in early veg though as it sticks around for at least 50 days. if you get them in flower, you're pretty much reduced to biocontrols (ladybugs and wasps) or knocking them down with spray.

the folks who reply in this thread seem to be a reasonable and conscientious lot, so this is more of a general caveat. PLEASE don't read this one post, decide that the mystery problem with your plants is citrus psyllids, and go dumping merit 75 in your rez (as well as the groundwater and the ocean). even if you believe the epa when they say imid isn't the nastiest stuff out there, you still don't want to use it needlessly and contribute to pest resistance.
i read imidacloprid is whats killing off the bee's ...all bad!

avant gardener

Veteran
i read imidacloprid is whats killing off the bee's ...all bad!

permethrin is widely touted as being the safest of the synthetics.
in a lot of cases, it's permissible to use it the day of harvest.
on food even.
and guess what?
it's extremely toxic to bees and other pollinators.

damn near any conventional pesticide (and an alarmingly high number of organic ones too) is going to be harmful to the bees or the fish or both. there's a lot more i could say about this, but i'm gonna get off my stupid soapbox and see what i can do not to turn SDF into a debate thread about conventional vs. organic production. we've got enough of that BS other places on the Big I.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Not really a san diego cut. but i havent posted any pics in here for a while.

Cherry Pie at around 68 days.
it got burned from serve PH fluctuation around 30 days.

picture.php

picture.php

Storm Shadow

Veteran
First 3 Iranian Hashplant

Last 2 are 91 Chem x Skunk#1

Attachments

• DSC00222.jpg
    DSC00222.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00220.jpg
    DSC00220.jpg