What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im bummed there are still at least two guys still experiencing the dud issue...how can this be? It turned out not to be duds for almost all of us..and it was cured for almost all of us..i dont understand..
Edit...and believe me..im not questioning zoo or josies skill and knowledge at all...its just weird and sucks for them..

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am a big fan of sour dubb though so i must run it again! going to source a good cut again.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Im bummed there are still at least two guys still experiencing the dud issue...how can this be? It turned out not to be duds for almost all of us..and it was cured for almost all of us..i dont understand..

Stormshadow and Tomhill were having an interesting conversation in another thread - it may be possible there are systemic effects from broad mites that suck the strength out of the plants. The more I get into broad mite feeding effects articles, the more this is looking like the reason for the dudding.

Controls: Either stock up on avid and jasmonic acid (the latter for increased plant resistance and non-digestable protein buildup) or grow from seed.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stormshadow and Tomhill were having an interesting conversation in another thread - it may be possible there are systemic effects from broad mites that suck the strength out of the plants. The more I get into broad mite feeding effects articles, the more this is looking like the reason for the dudding.

Controls: Either stock up on avid and jasmonic acid (the latter for increased plant resistance and non-digestable protein buildup) or grow from seed.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could you throw me a link please?

I thought I noticed the dudding start w an infestation from some cuts sourced from outside the normal family a few years ago.

Curious....

systemic would be a very bad thing.

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
interesting theory nonetheless, everything is a factor these days thats for sure

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Never is my growing days have I ever had duds...that is..until I brought home clones from Progressive Options...tick tick BOOOM!

Broad Mites are HIV/AIDS to Cannabis... Once you kill them....they are still haunting your plant with their Poision residue...

Activate SAR anyone way you can...the more pathways..the better

Here is my Landrace Iranian x Larry OG/ChemD ... S1 X S1

4 phenos.... 2 are almost indentical... and the other 2 are forming long colas that smell like guava

Attachments

• DSC09979.jpg
    DSC09979.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09980.jpg
    DSC09980.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09981.jpg
    DSC09981.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09982.jpg
    DSC09982.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09983.jpg
    DSC09983.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09988.jpg
    DSC09988.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09987.jpg
    DSC09987.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC09986.jpg
    DSC09986.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09985.jpg
    DSC09985.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09984.jpg
    DSC09984.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 12

Storm Shadow

Veteran
More of the Same ladies as above

Attachments

• DSC09994.jpg
    DSC09994.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09993.jpg
    DSC09993.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC09992.jpg
    DSC09992.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09990.jpg
    DSC09990.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09989.jpg
    DSC09989.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09995.jpg
    DSC09995.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09996.jpg
    DSC09996.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC09997.jpg
    DSC09997.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09998.jpg
    DSC09998.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 9
I almost quit growing entirely, not because of the root aphids or thrips or spider mites or ridiculous pm, but because of the 'duds' that seemed to take over my garden. My daywrecker, a plant which caused your head to jump back at times due to its rank stench, would never again give up that stank and the oily resin like it once did, no matter how healthy I got her in veg.

I ended up tossing everything, tens of thousands of dollars/miles/hours worth of girls, ironically enough, a few months before gt came out with the broad mite thread. I was so pissed at myself because I never took a good quality scope to my girls, I was convinced it wassome type of virus rather than pest. Looks like it may have been both haha.

In the end starting from seed was the best thing i ever did, miss a few gals for sure, but the treasure hunt is super fun and I have more beans than I could ever pop anyway.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Wow that sucks! I was just thinking about going down south to score some of their cuts too... I think I might just stick with what I have and bean popping now! That would be such a bummer to have a bunch of plants come out garbage because of a tiny fucking invisible pest.. Though I sincerely do hope I get to run the Sour Dubb and hopefully some legit ChemD/Chem3 someday. Not until I can afford to stockpile large amounts of mite killing materials........ Thanks for the knowledge man, your plants always look divine btw.

Never is my growing days have I ever had duds...that is..until I brought home clones from Progressive Options...tick tick BOOOM!

Broad Mites are HIV/AIDS to Cannabis... Once you kill them....they are still haunting your plant with their Poision residue...

Activate SAR anyone way you can...the more pathways..the better

Here is my Landrace Iranian x Larry OG/ChemD ... S1 X S1

4 phenos.... 2 are almost indentical... and the other 2 are forming long colas that smell like guava

Grizz

Veteran
I've got prob 200 Purple Joy x A Dawg Ether (Purple JADE) beans
Its just a matter of time and space...anyone willing to do a selection run can hit me up. You just gotta be serious about contributing to the greater good....and preferably someone I know.
I'm currently working on a Black Dog (Black Domina x Alien dawg-ether ) selection. Josey Wales has a couple going and I have aprx 20 seedlings sprouted

the black dom x alien dawgs are doing good, i gave the shorter pheno to a friend, it will go into flower next week, the one i kept is in flower sitting right in the middle of two 1000 watt hps vert bulbs, a real bush, dident top her and its real wide, belive it would be a perfect horizantal scrogg plant. i will try to get a good pic soon for GT.

Grizz

Veteran
Edit...and believe me..im not questioning zoo or josies skill and knowledge at all...its just weird and sucks for them..
it is strangge sub espeically as i have never had a board mite ever, my origanal dubb came right from skull and was fine for awhile, but dudds hit, i have sourced different cuts of her twice and the same thing, they are fine for awhile then dudds, myself, zoo, phillthy, and several growers that arent on line have had the same trouble. i dont have her anymore, gave up.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tell you what..ive got a couple chem ds flowering and i breathed a sigh of relief when i got to early twenties on her and had healthy pistils...she was my last cut that showed the signs..havent flowered her since...
---i would never have thought i had broadmites either..and they are a bitch to find..even w a scope...but if you getting the same duds we were..you might have...i had strains right next to girls w full blown broad mites that never got touched by em...but given enough time im sure they can completely take over an entire mom room..commercial or not..and the vendor wouldnt know they were there...unless they also flowered thier stock out...
....im just pissed cuz i wanted zoos impression of odub!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts