What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

irobot sd

I must say blaze02. I hope you do not form an opinion based on my pictures alone. I am growing it out for the 1st time and changes & techniques will be altered for further runs. My opinion on her is very neutral untill a full cure. Of the 3 cuts I was blessed with I accidentally broke the largest and was left with 2 runts so to say. Heat stress was a major factor all during veg. Training was ignored due to space, and due to grower full potential may have excluded itself on this run. With SDF 1-3 there should be a easy learning curve on this strain. Despite multiple attempts to throw me under the bus this is an awesome forum & killer cutting to grow. A runt maybe so, a dud never that. As promised I'll post finished pics from my 80$ camera once it's dried.:joint:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Here are the 4 different phenos from the Larry/ChemD x Landrace Iranian S1 ... I used the Larry/ChemD in the PrimeTime cross which was Landrace Iranian Male x Larry/ChemD... so just incase there was any confusion..

First 2 phenos smell like Larry/ChemD... the Large Cola pheno smells like Guavas and the Light green pheno smells like Lemon funk

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 11
  • lc1.jpg
    lc1.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
  • lc2.jpg
    lc2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 11
  • lc3.jpg
    lc3.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09743.jpg
    DSC09743.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09740.jpg
    DSC09740.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09739.jpg
    DSC09739.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09737.jpg
    DSC09737.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 13

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Master x Bubba (XXX) and OG Kush

Attachments

• DSC09744.jpg
    DSC09744.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09745.jpg
    DSC09745.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09747.jpg
    DSC09747.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09748.jpg
    DSC09748.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC09749.jpg
    DSC09749.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ss...just curious how master x bubba compares to socal masterkush?...ive often wondered at the lineage of scmk..me and a few others refer to scmk as "dirty bubba"...but in a good way..ha

blaze02

I must say blaze02. I hope you do not form an opinion based on my pictures alone. I am growing it out for the 1st time and changes & techniques will be altered for further runs. My opinion on her is very neutral untill a full cure. Of the 3 cuts I was blessed with I accidentally broke the largest and was left with 2 runts so to say. Heat stress was a major factor all during veg. Training was ignored due to space, and due to grower full potential may have excluded itself on this run. With SDF 1-3 there should be a easy learning curve on this strain. Despite multiple attempts to throw me under the bus this is an awesome forum & killer cutting to grow. A runt maybe so, a dud never that. As promised I'll post finished pics from my 80$ camera once it's dried.:joint:

whatup irobot. I knew that post would be controversial, but try to view it as constructive criticism instead of hatin'.

I have been there myself on the first run of my louie cut. Dudded hard, but the second round was like a totally different plant. OG funk and poddy nug structure with wayyyy more resin. Have not had a dud since.

There's something about certain clone-onlys that when something in the grow is out of whack, the plant will shut down and show the dud symptoms.

when i ran the og first run (dudded) i was feeding about 1350 ppm (.7 conv) ph 5.5-5.8. R.O. (handwatered coco) /no boosters just nova bloom, drip clean and calmag @ 3mls/gallon. Dialed environment (sealed)...

Next run i dropped the calmag (bad ca to mag ratio, and too much N) and started using calplex at 4 ml/G every feed. Then i added the nova till i hit 1000-1200 ppm never higher. I also raised ph to 6-6.2 (more available ca). No more duds and perfect og dankness.

Just know that adubb is a bad bitch waiting to get out. Im sure your next run will be fiyah. Just keep experimenting and keep the salinity of your medium as low as possible. good luck bro :ying:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Ss...just curious how master x bubba compares to socal masterkush?...ive often wondered at the lineage of scmk..me and a few others refer to scmk as "dirty bubba"...but in a good way..ha

SoCal Master is better in my opinion bro... your dirty bubba is spot on bro...the xxx has more of a dirty bubba smell to it and with mild grapey undertones...fun plant to grow...nothing to write home about

I never got duds until I got broad mites... their poision residue can linger in the plant for quite sometime...and I think that duds are from something Broad Mite related...

ProblemChild

As far as the socal master, Id have to say she is my favorite kush hands down that I've Grown and smoked, she's easy as hell to grow and chunks up nice buds are frosty and bud color is beatuy light green with purple hues or veins with a good flush, smell is nothing like Bubba IMO bubba has that musky coffeekushy smell and flavor, socal master has more of a earthy piney kushey with grape undertones with a good flush, the longer she goes the more narcotic and sedative the high is..my 2cents

Dorky

SoCal Master is better in my opinion bro... your dirty bubba is spot on bro...the xxx has more of a dirty bubba smell to it and with mild grapey undertones...fun plant to grow...nothing to write home about

I never got duds until I got broad mites... their poision residue can linger in the plant for quite sometime...and I think that duds are from something Broad Mite related...

I would say the XXX is stronger then both the parents potency wise but yields like crap.

Definelty agree about the broad mites.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
17wk chop on the "faster" finishing Thai/Zamal Zamaldelica:
picture.php

Here's a shot of both phenos, the thai/zamal (foreground) and the african pheno (background). The african pheno which is more malawi /zamal is going to take 1-2 weeks longer based on pistil development.
picture.php

Happy (scary) Halloween!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
All of the 4 phenos I've run have a mango-carrot smell. Both runs the thai leaning phenos have an astringent, somewhat incense smelling back to them, I would describe it as mango-carrot "haze" smell. The african leaning phenos are sweeter, more mango than carrot.

ProblemChild

Damn terp! You are one patient man! Looks good, your sativas always tantalize me, don't think I've ever had the chance to smoke a true sativa like that. I heard your stuff smokes really good:biggrin:

I actually just had a freak accident with socal master and for some reason I can't figure out she had a orgy with a flower room, polinated herself, burkle, dt7, a L.A. Affie and another kush plant we have that we are unsure of exactly what it is as we got it as cherry ak. Which its cleary not has cherry smell but kush all the way. Anyways gonna let sum of the beans cure for a bit and play around with a couple

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pics terp!
Took a sample branch of daywrecker..day 60..she been cleaning out since 50..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36278&picture
Well..my phone updated and i cant figure out how to load pics now..bummer

avant gardener

Veteran
getting ready to run the adub alongside dt7.

i may have worked with strains that were tougher to prop than adub, but i can't tell you what the hell they were. that dubtech and my xmas will throw roots in cement blocks, but that adub just turns yellow on top and laaaaaaags. i can nurse em back after the do finally go, but it ain't pretty. i haven't been able to make a tray of cuts i could give away.

between that, the ridiculous legginess, and these spindly ass stems that won't bear the weight of fan leaves (nevermind flowers), i'm a little concerned going into this one.

probably gonna catch an earful and some k- for this post. i know you kids all rave about it, and i haven't even flowered it yet. just voicing my initial impressions. we'll see.

blaze02

damn subrob, your flowers are always flawless. You really bring the best out of the genetics you work with. much respect

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks smoke..thats it..
--a.g.-wouldnt worry about voicing honest opinions here..thats what this thread is for...and adub is kinda a pain in the ass..good luck w the project and thanks for contributing to it..
---blaze..thanks man..not always but i feel good about my new grow enviroment and im getting things dialed in