What's new

San Diego Fascism....

guineapig

Veteran
County To Sue over Prop. 215 in Federal Court
Posted by CN Staff on December 07, 2005 at 11:51:16 PT
By Daniel Strumpf
Source: San Diego City Beat

California -- The San Diego County Board of Supervisors voted in closed session Tuesday to file a federal lawsuit against the state of California in an attempt to overturn Prop. 215, which, approved by voters in 1996, established a patient’s right to obtain, grow and use marijuana with a doctor’s recommendation.

County Counsel John Sansone told CityBeat that the county’s challenge—soon to be filed in federal court—will argue that “the state law is preempted by the federal Controlled Substances Act law, which makes the use of medical marijuana a crime.

“Federal law is supreme and prevails over state law,” he said. “If one could show, which we will be attempting to show, that the state law is conflicting with the federal law or is antagonistic to the federal law, then courts in the past have ruled that state laws are federally preempted and have no force or effect.”

The decision comes one month after supervisors voted to sue the state using a similar argument over SB 420, legislation passed in 2004 that requires counties to issue medical marijuana identification cards to qualifying patients. At that Nov. 8 meeting, Sansone told supervisors he didn’t think they would win the legal challenge but was also asked to research the possibility of challenging Prop. 215.

Told of the decision by CityBeat, medical marijuana activist Barbara MacKenzie said she’s not surprised, given the supervisors’ earlier direction to their legal counsel, but said she finds it ironic that the supervisors believe it’s their duty to challenge California law when, as elected officials, they should be concerned with upholding the law.

“It blows me away that they’d go against state’s rights and the proposition process,” she said, “as if they’re not accountable to the people who elected them.”

In 1996, 55.6 percent of voters statewide, and 52.1 percent of voters countywide, cast ballots in favor of Prop. 215.

Sansone told CityBeat he thinks both challenges are unprecedented and amount to an “uphill battle.”

“This will be a difficult case,” he said. “This is not something where we can point to any other court rulings that will be completely in support, or, for that matter, against us.”

MacKenzie said she thinks a challenge to Prop. 215 will only help pro-medical marijuana activists rally more supporters than a lone challenge to SB 420.

Supervisors voted 4-0, with Supervisor Ron Roberts absent, to challenge Prop. 215.

Source: San Diego City Beat (CA)
Author: Daniel Strumpf
Published: December 07, 2005
Copyright: 2005 San Diego City Beat

guineapig

Veteran
ok people.....now that you've read the article......can i just say this?.....

The PEOPLE are the ones who determine the policy of this nation......policies are NOT to be decided by the judicial branch or court system.....

With the controlled substances act of 1970, congress enacted a broad and sweeping legislation which incorrectly classified Cannabis as Schedule I or "no potential medical uses"......this is what we the people are trying to correct......

why is it so hard for the federal government to accept that they have made a mistake with the classification of cannabis? it's not like there is a broad movement pointing out the medical benefits of methamphetamines, heroin, cocaine, pcp, etc......

when the courts dictate public policy it is absolutely unconstitutional and creates incredible resentment and conflict......this is what happened with roe vs. wade and it is what happened with the prohibition of Cannabis......

so even if you thought you had nothing in common with rabid pro-lifers, guess again...both pro-lifers and medical-marijuana advocates are victims of judicial tyrrany...-gp

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Someone would have to bring a private prosecution for abuse of public office.

G

Do they even think they have the right to do something like that.
And were do they get off thinking there more important then o.. the rest of california. They talked alot in the paper about how they said its not for the sick and its all a front for trafficking.

Im gona traffic my foot right up each of their...... :moon:

G

If taken to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, The case more than likely will throw the case out..... Saying that the Voters (the People) have spoken.

It seems to me that the San Diego County Board of Supervisors are grabbing at straws as they are fixing to fall off of a cliff.

I know that in the Angel Raich case in a way overturned the 10th amendment of the constitution, but the same thing can be argued in the lower courts.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I dont know how serious I would take the same city that thought it would be a good idea to build a nuclear power plant right on a major earthquake fault line.

G

Emergency Alert: DEA Raids on Seven Dispensaries in San Diego

* This is an emergency alert from Americans for Safe Access. *

Today, Monday December 12th, federal agents raided at least seven medical cannabis dispensaries in San Diego with the help of the local police and sheriff.

If you live in the San Diego area:

We are asking all local medical cannabis supporters to rally in opposition to these raids at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, December 13th in front of the San Diego federal building, 880 Front Street, San Diego.

ASA activists are also holding an emergency meeting tonight at 9:00p.m. at Twiggs Coffee House, 4590 Park Blvd., San Diego.

If you live outside of the San Diego area:

We are asking all medical cannabis supporters to rally in opposition to these raids at noon on Wednesday, December 14th in front of your local federal building. Please contact Rebecca immediately at rebecca@safeaccessnow.org if you plan to organize one of these rallies so we can post the information on our website.

These demonstrations are a vital part of our grassroots opposition to the federal crackdown. Please make plans to attend and encourage others to do so. Please check our web site or call the ASA office if you need additional information.

Our web site is www.safeaccessnow.org You can reach the ASA office directly at (510) 251-1856.

Thank you for your active support and participation.
--
Rebecca Saltzman
Field Coordinator
Americans for Safe Access
p (510) 251-1856
f (510) 251-2036
www.safeaccessnow.org

G

If you live outside of the San Diego area:
We are asking all medical cannabis supporters to rally in opposition to these raids at noon on Wednesday, December 14th in front of your local federal building. Please contact Rebecca immediately at rebecca@safeaccessnow.org if you plan to organize one of these rallies so we can post the information on our website.

Confirmed Cities for Emergency Response Actions:

Chicago, IL: contact Matt matt@ssdp.org

Denver, CO: contact Brian brianvicente@sensiblecolorado.org

Los Angeles, CA: contact Amanda amanda@safeaccessnow.org

Providence, RI: contact Nathaniel nathaniel_lepp@brown.edu

Sacramento, CA: contact Aundre aundre@safeaccessnow.org

San Francisco, CA: contact Sarah sarahsmile@37.com

Tuscon, AZ: contact Mary mmackenzie2@juno.com

Washington, DC: contact Eric esterling@cjpf.org

Wichita, KS: contact C.A. criley2@cox.net

G

No offense, but the DEA released a newspaper article stating this before January 1st if they are not shut down, they will be raided. San Diego Union Tribune. Everyone was warned and they are illegal dispenseries, but a lot of these newbies wanted to push the envelope. Can't say you didnt know this was coming. I have been to these dispenseries and its rather scary since they went down, now they are taking all there customers with them. My real name is all over several documents of theres along with pictures. My dumb I guess. Once I found out that one of the owners used to sell, and use crack I never returned to the dispenserie. They are hot. Just hope that they dont take everyone down with them cause they dont have balls to go alone. I like the norcal med clubs better. NO paperwork, moms last name , grandsmas social all this BS all kidding aside these sd clubs made you sign your life away to buy expensive schwag. I am glad they got raided they ripped me off along with every other customer theyve had. These places are true monopolies at there finest and they want us to help them cause they are now in a bind. Not from me. The san diego med scene is a JOKE. I have been to all of these clubs and they only carry shwag. GO NORTH for fairer prices and better quality. and less hassle. paperwork etc

kilacaLIbud

ahhaah its the THC club...they are the ones that got ROBBED by gun point with shotguns...they really didnt know where to open a shop ...wrong area...
i dont think these guys are locals tho...cause there are about a million around here....i live real close to the one raided..good thing ive never been to those...cause i seen them hauling away all ur info in boxes..on the news...
GROW Ur own... :wave: -notglad they got busted..i liked there weed and there service to the weed community<im glad i didnt go there tho for oviosy reasons.

Last edited:
G

THC is the one witht the guy who used to allegidly sell crack and use crack. The newspaper said these raids would happen, but they also said that they would do very little follow up on the patients if any. They said that the patients werent the problem, just wanted to rid the dispenseries. I have my address under a different place, but THC took my picture and photocopied my drivers license, which isnt too exiting. So they technically have positive ids on all their customers. Like I said just glad they dont have real adress. Although I am not too exited about these fliers they send out to there customers who have only been there a few times. I, along with others kinda want this med card shit secret, and these guys are sending me legalize marijuana fliers in my mail box with blatant pictures of marijuana pictures and laws all over the place. Thanks but no Thanks. I wanted an eighth and these guys almost exploit their customers and members as bad as emery. Other than that, what I do is kept elsewhere away from my name. Glad they got raided they were about the money. The whole place was a fraud.

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
when i posted this i didn't realize that a terror squad was about to pounce!!

i don't really know the situation down there but it sounds like they need a better system.....hopefully the medical users of San Diego will stand up for their rights to safely access their medicine and form a small medically-supervised club instead of the many pseudo-drug-dealer situations that apparently went on before this bust.....

thanks for the info Christian! keep up the fight safe access......-kind regards from gp

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad they got busted ??????

glad they got busted ??????

Im never glad that anyone got busted for MJ or anything related. To hear someone say they are glad that someone else got busted .... for something that should not be illegal in any way shape of form makes me ashamed. Ill remember who said that and be sure that i have nothing to do with any of their negative energy. I dont even like posting in the same place as this person. Im sorry we have ppl with this attitude around our great community .... it does open my eyes though and i will remember who not to rub shoulders with. Appalling.To be glad that anyone got bust for mj is wrong . period. end of story ... no excuse for this attitude.
nam myoho renge kyo

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
this case might set a president and it will either be legal for medic use or not. This go directly at the fact its localy legal and federaly illegal.

G

babbabud you are standing up for someone you have never met or heard of before, its one thing to help someone its another to show up in expensive european cars and flashy gold jewelery. Hey Its cool to make money, these san diego places need to be in check sorry. We dont need this shit here. a guy pays 23-2800 a pound and turns around and sells it 65 an eight to a customer who actually needs it. Thats ridiculous. Sorry cant stand up for that club or any of the other clubs here( San Diego). Wish you knew what you were talking about before jumping to Judge. I am in the med scene just not san diegos anymore. although I live in SD. These places dont care about customers they care about money. Thats why they came here (SD) uncharted territory. All of the clubs I have been to have worked under strict local cooperation which is needed first. These clubs came here opened up and demanded local government coop. You cant open these clubs some of these senior communities they are in. Some near schools. These shops dont care. Like I said Up north is more about the patient and quality and price. These SD shops are loser crouds. Not really mad, just glad that what I know from some of these places is a crock of shit. I am in the scene Baba you arent.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
christian I have been a med user and supplying sick ppl with my own meds for four years.I dont care what a person has done..... to be busted for MJ is wrong.If you thought they were charging to much why did you buy it and then snivvle about the price. To wish it on someone else or be glad they got busted for any reason is even worse. Im appalled and ashamed to hear a member say that anyone should be busted for MJ. I myself have given up a year of my life for the herb. Im so ashamed to hear a fellow member say they are glad someone got busted. I am glad to see your true colors though.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
busted????????//

busted????????//

To voice your opinion about prices and location is one thing. I feel the same way about the Northern Cali clubs.... way too expensive. But to be glad anyone got busted????

G

christain,,lmao,,,,, i know a few of the SD club meds and u don't know what the hell your talking about...most SD clubs are run just like mom and pop shops... so next time u go and talk crap about SoCal med clubs, remember, some of th0s ppl are really kind hearted... plus, why do you think that should be run without profit???? there is a supply and demand market for Calis #1 cash crop which generates Tax revenue.... they will also pay much more then " 23-2800 a pound " u must have misinformation or bad sales managment skills,,, if your so high on lowering prices.. why don't you sell meds to them for 1000 per lb and you set there price????

i think your just sore about getting less then u wanted for your herb and thats reason for your bashing,,, but thats only my opion at this point,,,, i could be wrong... .... so plz before u go around bashing med cluds,, remember,, your remarks can be veiwed as offensive... i don't think you intend to be offensive,, do ya? i hope this does not provoke you on in any way,,, peace Br0

Latest posts

Latest posts