What's new

*Samsons Summertime Smartpot Show*

talktosamson

Veteran
Spotted my first PM today

Spotted my first PM today

I spray everyone early in planting with Eagle20 to prevent PM but with the vineyards around here having all sorts of PM issues, we always get it one way or another and have to start spraying. I start off with aggressive green cure applications every other day for a week. One and one half scoops per gallon and some wet better organic to help penetrate into the leaves. This usually takes care of things for me until the rain comes in the more fall.

After the rain comes and the buds are big I switch to some nasty shit that is still OMRI and all that stuff, but I have to wear gloves and a respirator when I spray. Only takes one or two sprays with this stuff and the PM stays away for good. OxiDate Link Below and Green cure link as well. PM is some serious shit, next to BM its some of the worst battles Ive ever had with pestilence and disease.

http://controlpowderymildew.info/

http://www.greencure.net/

V

Veg N Out

I tried Oxidate , never had much luck with it, or H2O2 , which it ultimately turns in to.

C

Cep

Hard to say, but I go with early flowering strains to help prevent the mold. If you twisted my arm

1. Williams Wonder
2- Blue Magoo (Willys bx2 x BlueBerry)
3- Grape God (Feminised from next generation)

Those are my best yeilders and fast finishers, they are done before the mold even thinks about starting. I have also had great success with sweet purple from Paradise seeds, but potency varies greatly seed to seed, one may be top shelf and the next hardly has any crystals at all. I usually cull the taller seedling and keep the shorter ones, they color up nice and have good resin production.

Do you remember the dates you cut those plants?

Also, is Eagle20 safe?

talktosamson

Veteran
Do you remember the dates you cut those plants?

Also, is Eagle20 safe?

Williams wonder traditionally comes down on my birthday, September 23rd. She's our fastest gal. Magoo follows up with a projected harvest of October 7th. And the grape god varies by pheno. Last year we did 6. Half of them were done by the first week of October and the other half were cut around the 20th with my TGA strains.

Eagle20. Is only safe during veg, never in flower.

V

Veg N Out

Also on the MycoButanil tip, no labs are testing for it, so there is no data on weather or not it is actually safe to use on cannabis. Also one of its ingredients is Benzene, a carcinogen.

Just because some things are sprayed on foods doesn't make them safe. Commercial agriculture produces poison not food.

talktosamson

Veteran
Also on the MycoButanil tip, no labs are testing for it, so there is no data on weather or not it is actually safe to use on cannabis. Also one of its ingredients is Benzene, a carcinogen.

Just because some things are sprayed on foods doesn't make them safe. Commercial agriculture produces poison not food.

Fair enough, but its been probably 4 months since I sprayed eagle 20, by the time I harvest it will be 6+ months since application. Not saying there wont be anything left, but man after spending 6 months outside I would be surprised.

turbo14

Veteran
Spraying once a week with ogbiowar packs all the way once week prior to harvest will usually prevent any PM for showing it's face. Brew a fungal tea with lots of humics and good fish hydroslate (no molasses on these teas) late into flower) and dump in all three packs. If you're leaves have enough of these trillions of spores inoculated, via every week through foliar sprays on them. PM as well as bud rot have little chance of showing their faces. Please don't spray anything on consumable plants that you have to wear gloves late into flower.

turbo

talktosamson

Veteran
Spraying once a week with ogbiowar packs all the way once week prior to harvest will usually prevent any PM for showing it's face. Brew a fungal tea with lots of humics and good fish hydroslate (no molasses on these teas) late into flower) and dump in all three packs. If you're leaves have enough of these trillions of spores inoculated, via every week through foliar sprays on them. PM as well as bud rot have little chance of showing their faces. Please don't spray anything on consumable plants that you have to wear gloves late into flower.

turbo

Just found good old bio war a few month back and have been using it against all sorts of pestilence this summer, great stuff for sure.

talktosamson

Veteran
But for the record, OxiDate is recommended for use with a wide variety of crops such as: fruits, vegetables, cole crops, mushrooms, cucurbit crops, root crops, tomatoes, herbs, peppers, snap and dry beans, grasses, tobacco, spices, and peanuts.

V

Veg N Out

OxiDate once mixed with water turns in to strong H2O2.

Best of luck with it, I tried it a few years back, never did much for me. I use what I have left to clean stuff.

talktosamson

Veteran
OxiDate once mixed with water turns in to strong H2O2.

Best of luck with it, I tried it a few years back, never did much for me. I use what I have left to clean stuff.

Only works for me in the last few weeks before harvest, keeps the black spot mold at bay as well.

anonymousgrow

Are the ogbiowar packs microbial innoculents? I looked on the website briefly and couldn't find much info? Can someone point me to a place where I can learn about what is in them?

talktosamson

Veteran
Better than than never. Great show. What TGA are you running?

None, I did a bunch of them last year and the year before and was unimpressed at the generic smoke and mid level potency. Last year we did 2 x Agent Orange, 3x Plushberry, 2x Jillybean and 2x JTR, when they were all trimmed and in turkey bags you couldn't tell the difference between one strain and the other, all yielded really well but like I said the smoke was like kinda meh....

V

Veg N Out

Did the Plush Berry get big for you ? My buddy has a cut that he says has some potential to get huge out side.

talktosamson

Veteran
Did the Plush Berry get big for you ? My buddy has a cut that he says has some potential to get huge out side.

Yes!!! They all hit 8-9 feet and did over 3 per plant in the end. But like I said, the best pheno of plushberry hit 16% thc, which just doesn't cut it around here. In places with full sun I suspect they could get very large and double the yeild.

V

Veg N Out

Is that HPLC or GCMS testing?

I agree, it is kind of "meh"

When did the Plush Berry end up coming in for you? I may try a couple out next year.

talktosamson

Veteran
Is that HPLC or GCMS testing?

I agree, it is kind of "meh"

When did the Plush Berry end up coming in for you? I may try a couple out next year.

Those were all tested at green leaf labs in Portland, not sure which they use up there (their web site says they work with both). They were all uniform in their finish date, October 15th-16th-17th each plant took a full day to do and did almost exactly 3, which is pretty good for my 200 gallon pots.

Last edited:

talktosamson

Veteran
The Rain Storm

The Rain Storm

Every year we have a freak rain storm, usually does not happen for at least another month, however, the season seems to be ending sooner this year than in recent years. Woke up around 4 am this morning to the sound of a large crack, the cherry pie outside the bedroom window split down the middle due to overwhelming rain water weight.

I lept out of bed and put on my fishing waders and went to work, with tree seal, bamboo and some zip ties I think we saved over 50% of it. Rest of the yard is fine, maybe a branch lost here and there, but everyone is waterlogged and pissed for a second. As soon as the sun comes out they will perk up. Pictures to come tomorrow. I am still working on drying off and taking a nap.

Latest posts

Latest posts