What's new

Samsons GSC x SSSDH Test Grow

JOJO420

Veteran
Taking and posting pictures of bunk/dead ass beans that never germinated is not super high on my priority list
No disrespect, but that is what a tester does. We take time out of our busy lives and TEST. That means pics brah.

I've been through the tester posts, lots coming up dead, seems like a trend with these beans.
Seems like a trend more with you testers than the beans themselves.. be real, admit mistakes. If you read 90% of these test post , all seeds germinated within 14-24 hrs and then fail.
That is grower error.
These seeds are not bunk, do not blame OJD for your ineptitude and expect this community to get behind you.

mack 10

Veteran
Membrane's? crazy. don't think I've come across that, do you mean the inner seed layer that clings to the cotyledons when they first germ? or something else, I think something else from your description.
mack.

talktosamson

Veteran
My Final Report

My Final Report

So after much gnashing of teeth here is my final report. All seeds went into a wet paper towel, in a plastic baggie, on a heating mat set to seed temperature with the attached mat heater control knob. As a control I also germed a 10 pack of white lavender by G13 labs at the same time.

I experienced two things with my GSC x SSSDH beans. One was a thick white mucus that covered the emerging seedlings tails and prevented further growth. The second I called black tail, the seed popped and instead of a healthy white tail coming out, the tail comes out black and does not progress past that stage.

This picture was taken 30 hours after the beans hit paper towel. In the top left there are two seeds pictured. The top seeds had the black tail and the seed below it had a healthy white tail but you can see the membrane or mucus that surrounded it and prevented it from coming out any further. I tried to removed the coating with a safety pin and I think I damaged the seeding in the process it did not progress any further, In the lower two seeds you can see where the upper seed split open and had black tail, but can also see the crusty white substance I refer to as the mucus or membrane

picture.php

White tail with coating and black tail

picture.php

Top right seed, membrane preventing tail from coming out

picture.php

Black Tail

picture.php

talktosamson

Veteran
so 5/6 split their seed but none came up or progressed. 9/10 of my white lavender came up and are healthy seedlings in comparison. A few thoughts on what may have happened. Ive read in other test threads that these seed coatings are really hard.

I have experienced this is many years of growing BOG seeds. His sour bubble dad or mom he uses a lot has the super thick seed coating and every bean needs to be scuffed before germing to get good results. Possibly one of the parents used in this cross also has the same trait and people need to scuff. Secondly, I havent seen a lot of success with GSC crosses up to this point, maybe shes a bitch to breed with? Shes a bitch to grow, so it would make sense!

JOJO420

Veteran
I know this nightmare, and unfortunately its grower error.
The seed mat was too hot and the towel was too wet. The seeds got cooked then drowned in the baggie. That was the cause. Do not blame OJD.
The tell tale incident was the brownish/greenish leftover stain on the towel.Plus look how dark and bloated your seeds look. I bet it even stunk sickly sweet, and your seeds were mushy.
This is the result of going over 80f and humidity over 80%.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Just saying I have seen that stain on the paper towels before and got perfectly healthy seedlings...

talktosamson

Veteran
The heat mat is controlled by a thermostat and it was not over 80 degrees, also the white lavender in a separate bag right beside these on the same mat went 9/10, not grower error bro, sorry its just not. Ive purchased $1000s of dollars worth of seeds over the years and germinate them the same way every time, ive never had results like this before. You don't know me JOJO but im old school, I tested for BOG and REZ back when seed prices were fair at $50 a pack, Ive run everyone from Soma to Greenhouse and my methods never change, I do it the same way every time. I'm no kid and non newbie who would make the mistake of "cooking" the beans on a seed sprouting mat, I have the dial and I lay the baggie/paper town combo on a piece of cloth so as not to make direct contact between the mat and seed.

talktosamson

Veteran
And on that note I am giving no more time or effort to this thread. As I said, I have a farm full of plants to take care of, I have no time or patience to argue with internet people. Ive run CSG strains with much success and love in the past, his grandoggy purps is renowned around my area and I brought it to the table, picked my pheno out of three packs I popped, and have been dominating it ever since.

L

LouDog420

Haven't started a test thread yet, and probably won't till veg is winding down, but when tossing around bunk ass seed comments, I just had to pop in and say 6/6 up and above ground...

Scuffing beans is a standard practice for me whenever popping seeds, but they jumped right out of their shells... No bunk ass beans here bro, either user error or shipping... Either way, that kind of response just for ojd asking where's the pics?? Think you need to check yourself and enjoy a toke or two ;)

GSC x SSSDH
picture.php

6 on the left are the cookie cross... 3 on the right (runt included) are not CSG genes... No sense in an empty starter tray though!
picture.php

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
Im with Loudog on this one too. 6 of 6 germinated without a problem. Best part is I didn't even scuff the seed husk. Just planted em and volia! Sprouts. Nothing bunk about these beans.

Just one of them Murphys Law type of things Sam. Hope all is well and in good health

talktosamson

Veteran
Definitely the use of the term bunk ass seeds was out of line. Like you said, Murphy's law, this is why we test before release after all. I held up my light dep project almost a month, wasting precious summer sun, waiting for these, so I was understandably frustrated when nothing came of it. But shouldn't have taken it out on OJD and his gear. Hell I've got a bunch of csg going right now and never had problems

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

six 4 six of gscXsssdh here too.

i feel your pain tho bro.

all six of mine held onto that membrane for the longest time...just didn't fool with it.

hope your issues are soon resolved.