What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam The Skunkman's Original Thai Haze x Skunk #1 History

The Baphomet

Veteran
bigherb, I received 6 cuts of the church around 94 and ran her for a few years at a few different locations and lost her around 97-98 . The cut was given to me by commercial grower friend who couldn't run her because of the long flowering cycle and he was running faster finishing $tuff , he never told me where he got it from and I never bothered to ask .
As for the origin of the church I have no idea ,all I now is that it was a haze . The first time I smoked it was around 85-86 and it was from a spot in Harlem , they sold dimes of it and they where the smallest dimes you saw in those days but three of use would be totally whacked off one joint that we usually smoked in the last car of the train on the ride home from the spot :joint:.
There was another Haze that floated around NY in the mid to late 90's called the pepper or pepper-head it was also a killa haze . A few years ago I got a p from NY that was labeled nlhaze that was very church like .
I have 7 more of these Thunk seeds IM going to wait till this one is done before I pop a few more because space is kinda limited to the sd right now .

bigherb

Veteran
bigherb, I received 6 cuts of the church around 94 and ran her for a few years at a few different locations and lost her around 97-98 . The cut was given to me by commercial grower friend who couldn't run her because of the long flowering cycle and he was running faster finishing $tuff , he never told me where he got it from and I never bothered to ask .
As for the origin of the church I have no idea ,all I now is that it was a haze . The first time I smoked it was around 85-86 and it was from a spot in Harlem , they sold dimes of it and they where the smallest dimes you saw in those days but three of use would be totally whacked off one joint that we usually smoked in the last car of the train on the ride home from the spot :joint:.
There was another Haze that floated around NY in the mid to late 90's called the pepper or pepper-head it was also a killa haze . A few years ago I got a p from NY that was labeled nlhaze that was very church like .
I have 7 more of these Thunk seeds IM going to wait till this one is done before I pop a few more because space is kinda limited to the sd right now .

your response is most appreciated

this confirms my belief for all these years ,just to add i was born in 85 lol

ive always thought the nyc haze to be OHAZE from the 70's ,as it was always thought to be a seedbank haze hybrid ,your reported dates show this isnt possible ,becaz if i recall neville was sold OHAZE STOCK from SAMS in 85 and released his first haze hybrid in 88.

anymore details come to mind im all ears,thankyou again

1luvbigherb

G

gloryoskie

Got a thunk going now, 75 days in flower and smells liked cracked pepper. I had no idea what I was growing at first. Bit of a wrestling match to keep her in line too.

Last edited:

Emil Muzz

Cracked pepper? Sounds interesting, please keep us updated on your plants and how they eventually smoke.

Best regards, EMuzz

G

gloryoskie

Test of patience she is, thanks, Sam.

Test of patience she is, thanks, Sam.

Cracked pepper? Sounds interesting, please keep us updated on your plants and how they eventually smoke.

Best regards, EMuzz

Just passed 75 days with about 50 more to go. Cure will go at least 120 days for a relevant smoke report. Yup, my first grow. Got other stuff going as well. Test of patience she is, thanks, Sam.

G

gloryoskie

chopped that thunk the other day, I'll give it a couple weeks cure then smoke it, mmm

dickcorn

Not much info here. Anybody have aything new or different to add? I got a pack and am waiting on space to free up to pop them, love some more info though.