What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam The Skunkman's Original Thai Haze x Skunk #1 History

Lean green: your first pic reminds me of the freebie(UFO) that I grew out called Pure Power from G13 Labs. It look just like that but it had a strange feelto it the buds looked loose and kind of stringy yet were course to the touch.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
thinking of starting a few Thunk)I have maybe 5X5PACKS=25 beans)..funny I saw this thread and just had to bump this...but the 160 day flowering scares me..lol that=5-6months of flowering that;s kinda insane..but all i really want is some pollen..How long you think I would have to flower to get some pollen??

peace
Chefboy

G

Goodkarma

OHXSk#1

OHXSk#1

I would be curious as to how long the clones take to finish . It might be a PITA the first go round, yet a clone may finish quicker.

I have seven OHSk#1's going outdoors and I just came inside after smelling them.

The tip off my nose smells like some Thai from the seventies. I will get a camera and post some pics. There is three phenos that I have, a thinner incredible smelling one, a skunkier thicker cola pheno and a foxtailing mexican expression.

Had two freebie packs, one from '08 and '09 of the smallest seeds I have ever seen. Nineteen out of twenty popped and I kept the most vigorous seven females.

Hit the foxtailing pheno with a wispy Tom Hill Haze male, and the thinnest leafed girl got hit by the Deep Chunk.

Hoping they finish in the next three weeks.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Im running Thunk right know and its at day 100 , and man is she looking very promising ! She looks to have at-least 4 + weeks left and smells of strait old school haze, pure frankincense . Iv had these beans for a few years now and will definitely be cracking more soon .

G

guest121295

I just popped 5 because of how^^^ this guys looked.Maybe I won't veg them from what I'm reading...All 5 came right up.:)

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just planted 3 OH xSk1 and 3 Thunk F2's two days ago. Been wanting to grow the OH x Sk1 since FarmerJohn showed his off on here years ago.

whodair

Veteran
I would be curious as to how long the clones take to finish . It might be a PITA the first go round, yet a clone may finish quicker.

you are correct. take a few cuts off your female seed plants, throw the clones into flower, they actually finish in a typical time frame for marijuana...

my seed plants never quite finished though...

bigherb

Veteran
Im running Thunk right know and its at day 100 , and man is she looking very promising ! She looks to have at-least 4 + weeks left and smells of strait old school haze, pure frankincense . Iv had these beans for a few years now and will definitely be cracking more soon .

much respect ,id love to hear a smoke report after cure ,im most curious to nkow if the smell transitions to taste

i love this line below

smells of strait old school haze, pure frankincense

id love to hear anythin/everything about your experience with old school haze ,your local says east soo i wouldnt believe your from cali ,you can pm if you wish id lov to hear anything you wish to share .

if you dont know haze/frankincense is dear to my heart

best of luck ,id lov too see pics aswell if possible

1luvbigherb

The Baphomet

Veteran
bigherb, we haven't smoked her yet but it has the same smell as the old church haze from NYC , and grows very similar in structure but it defiantly flowers longer that the church . The church use to come down by 120 days Max but could be taken around 100 . This thunk is going to take a while longer .

The church is one of the strains I wish I still had IT would be all I need . When My Mom came by She use to say" I love that incense you burn it smells like the same kind they use in church ".

Im currently on a mission for that same kind of haze and we are devoting a whole room for haze only . WE just popped mango , ssh from mr nice and we have tom hill haze and Neville's from Mr N on the way ,but I gotta say the thunk is looking promising :)

Attachments

• thunk1.jpg
    thunk1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 11

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
This strains sounds awesome.
I red you needs some skill to grow it good.
I will certainly try it when I get more experience :thank you::artist:

The Baphomet

Veteran
She is getting very sticky ,but I don't think she is liking the cold nights like my sours are . She also freaks out every time I feed her and the leaves curl a little ,even at super low ppms .

Attachments

• thunk 11.jpg
    thunk 11.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 11
  • thunk11.jpg
    thunk11.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11

bigherb

Veteran
bigherb, we haven't smoked her yet but it has the same smell as the old church haze from NYC , and grows very similar in structure but it defiantly flowers longer that the church . The church use to come down by 120 days Max but could be taken around 100 . This thunk is going to take a while longer .

The church is one of the strains I wish I still had IT would be all I need . When My Mom came by She use to say" I love that incense you burn it smells like the same kind they use in church ".

Im currently on a mission for that same kind of haze and we are devoting a whole room for haze only . WE just popped mango , ssh from mr nice and we have tom hill haze and Neville's from Mr N on the way ,but I gotta say the thunk is looking promising :)

intriguing ,this response was a nice surprise

its great to hear you have experience with a church pheno of the nyc haze you say is frank ,120 days you say id love too know anything you wish to share about the cut .

do you hav old pics?

are you from nyc ?

what was the backround info on the cut you recieved ?

smells of strait old school haze, pure frankincense

im curious to know IN this quoted post ,im not sure if you sayin you have experienced ohaze or exactly wat your comparison of OSH is exactly

have you experienced OHAZE?

i hope not to be a bother ,but id love to know anything you wish to share about your experiences with the nyc haze clone aswell as ,if you hav experienced the santa cruz ohaze of the 70's

1luvbigherb

The Baphomet

Veteran
bigherb, we grew the thunk from seed . But the old church cut I had looked similar to the thunk in bud structure and the smell is also the same . The church had bigger leaves than the thunk .I unfortunately don't have any pics from those days ,the Crazy way we did things back then in our apartments in the city we didn't want to have any pics or crap around .
I have smoked the O haze a few years back ,but it was poorly grown and tasted of ferts
When I said it smells like oldschool haze I was talking about the haze I first smoked IN nyc around the mid 80's

bigherb

Veteran
bigherb, we grew the thunk from seed . But the old church cut I had looked similar to the thunk in bud structure and the smell is also the same . The church had bigger leaves than the thunk .I unfortunately don't have any pics from those days ,the Crazy way we did things back then in our apartments in the city we didn't want to have any pics or crap around .
I have smoked the O haze a few years back ,but it was poorly grown and tasted of ferts
When I said it smells like oldschool haze I was talking about the haze I first smoked IN nyc around the mid 80's

when its a pleasure to speak with an ex nyer who is a bit older

you have answered what i was getting at but it be great if you recall exactly what year you first experienced church nyc

WOW you bring a smile of hope to my face ,you might be the first report on the net to have experienced any nyc haze church from the 80's
my older cousin can go back as far as 90-91 .im trying to figure /guess/or have any kind of realistic idea if nyc haze is from 70's santa cruz haze stock or if she is related to one the SB seed bank haze hybrids of 88-89 or a mns haze hybrid in early 90's iv tried to source the earliest known sample experienced of the frankincense trait in nyc haze ,in my heart i feel our nyc haze is from OHAZE stock of the 70's

soo my coz goes back to 90 which is some coincedince if the release was 89 of the SB HAZES to reach nyc that quick n spread but possible ,i hope you can recall a exact year as i dont exspect mid 80's as an 88 date

when you say bigger leaves were they just wider or fatter as in indica lookin ?

curious to know more about your ohaze experience you say a few years back ?where was this cut from ?how credible is the source thats claims to have OHAZE ?id love to hear smoke report on this cut if you know what she was suppose to taste like

again id love to know anything more on the church cut like your source ?reported lineage ?if you have knowledge the cut still survives ?

i truly appreciate your response ,you were definetly one of the lucky ones ,as the old timers talk of we didnt know the genetics would be gone some day and just how special they were i hope not to tell the same story but see the possibility as this rare highly prized strain known as frankies in my neighborhood was quite common growing up and was easy to aquire but these days i see her on a occasion like a holiday sad but im happy she still survives

also curious as to the first year you grew her out ?

ohhh
some things never change :)

1LUVBIGHERB

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
I was thinking about popping one seed and hoping for a male, and
maybe crossing this with my White OG or Wonder Woman :thinking:

Latest posts

Latest posts