Fox Farm Fert Line Up
Grow Big
BigBloom
TigerBloom

From Clones

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

Heres a bud shot of the T*Haze x Skunk#1.
Considering Seedsboutique has been handing these out for freebies for soo long I thought I would post some pics of how they loook during flowering

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I went 0-16 with Sensi Seeds Silverhaze. If it weren't for my freebie Thunks I'd have squat. Next time you go to market but yourself a big bottle of patience. These girls take their own sweet time.

Break a leg :wave:

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Wat do you mean by 0-16?
are all three of those pictures of Thaze and skunk or only the first one?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
0-16 means, Zero for Sixteen. Paid $100+ for 16 Silver Haze seeds that turned out to be DOA. Not one hatched. The T*Haze freebies gave me 4-5 (four out of five hatched)

All three shots above are the same Thunk. Her name was Wilma. She yielded 4.2 oz (watercured) under a 250 CMH. I believe I could've yielded 5 oz or more had I not smoked along the way. Possibly as much a 20% of the grow.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Freezer boy why do you water cure what are the befits you see from doing it that way rather then just slow drying then jar curing

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
Freezer boy why do you water cure...?
I find it to be a cooler smoke. I smoke purely for effect. Without effect I wouldn't smoke regardless of taste. For me, the choice is: Cooler smoke in 8 days or hotter smoke in 60 days.

One of these days I have to try the 2 day cooler sweat cure. If nothing else it would mean no more oven baking a week's worth of popcorn buds to last through the water cure.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

My bud usualy smells like fresh cut grass.
I usually cut branches trim leaves dry for a week to 10 days then put in jars to cure they stay in curing jars while they get smoked. I open the jars at least once a day.
Am I doing something wrong?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow those leaves look pretty FAT for being thai haze skunk 1....

check out mine..

29590downsized_0123080206.jpg

E

Evgeni_Malkin

These ones are clones, maybe that makes a difference. Also I only vegged for like 3 weeks.

How long did you flower for?

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

Did you use a microscope to tell when you were done or some other sign. Also i read somewhere that at the end of flowering it is good to start giving it less than 12 hours of light so it knows it is time to DIE. Any truth to that?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I used a RadioShack microscope. Works well but covers such a tiny area it takes several samples before you really get an idea how the plant is doing overall.

Check this out http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=91846 Not as tight or clear as the RS scope but, covers a much larger area per view. Makes multiple views easier and allows you to store the info for comparison purposes.

Length of night is how the plant figures out whether to veg or flower. Whether a 13 hour night will increase anything from a 12 hour night, I don't know. I switched from 12/12 to 11/13 about halfway through the grow. Didn't seem to do any harm but, as it's my first Thunk, I've nothing to compare.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

All the hairs are still white and seems like the buds are getting fatter every day. I want to chop them down to give some space for the other flowering plants. But last time I grew this i chopped way to early and got some cr@p.

Out of the other strains people have grown where does this rate in your opinion, considering this staring is mostly Sativa; what is the best sativa IC'iers have grown?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
All the hairs are still white and seems like the buds are getting fatter every day. I want to chop them down to give some space for the other flowering plants. But last time I grew this i chopped way to early and got some cr@p.

Out of the other strains people have grown where does this rate in your opinion, considering this staring is mostly Sativa; what is the best sativa IC'iers have grown?

in the breeder description of this thunk, it is listed as a "connoisseur's" strain, which means you have to be patient and an overall good grower in order to finish this strain out...

ive given out many clones of this stuff to some noobs and they can't pull it off. impatience, laziness, and lack of knowledge causes many people to fail with this strain..

but i still do find it hard to believe that this is actually thai haze x skunk 1 that you are growing

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

definitely is, I am growing with a 1000 wats realy close to the buls less then a foot. I see your plants seem really longs, but i decieded to grow them really short and bushy so the leaves did not require getting soo big I suppose. I have some new ones flowering and there leafs are much different lookin I will post pics tommorow.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evgeni, I have to agree with LilWayne here...the pics you are showing us looks like some other strain of plant. Not a haze. Nothing you did, or could have done, would change the structure of the plants parts. You didn't "decide" to let the plant do anything, in that respect. The plant is what it is.

We as humans hate when other tell us anything we thing to be wrong, or misguided...often letting our egos get in the way of rational thought.
But, often times we find that we may have indeed made a mistake, or did something a bit off. Would it be more of a mistake to find out that there is indeed a chance of casting the wrong seed or labeling the wrong pot, or harvesting the grow and thinking it is one type of herb, when in fact it is another?

I may be wrong as well...you may well have Thazexskunk1 growing there..I have one that looks more like skunk1 and another that looks like thai weed.
But I personally would hate to grow out a strain, only to find out it was not.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Understandable but the only seeds I had were the freebies. After growing out my original order or White LAabel Master Kush and having them all die on me; I resorted to the free pack of Thaze skunk#1. After growing all five seeds and having only a single female I took two clones from it and put it to flower. I harvested 2 ounces dry off my only Skunk Thaze plant, which I also chopped down too early having not soo good bud. The pictures in this post are of my two clones of the skunk and haze. SO no where could this have been another plant unless I got the wrong seeds to begin with from Seed boutique.

Here they are now at day 65 or something

Here are two clones I took from the flowering plant above; they are around 7 days into 12/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Considering I am producing smalll bud(Colas) I am adding a C02 tank. Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Co2 Tank (like ones used at resteraunts on pop machines)
-Regulator (what kind of regulator?)
-Timer (What kind of timer?)

About my room how sealed does it need to be?
also Do i have to shut of exhaust?
Do i need an air cooled hood to add C02 into my room?
*Can someone tell me the best way to add C02 into my flowering room that is not really sealed, has exhaust, oscilating fan, and no air cooled hood.

Last edited: