What's new

Sam the Skunkman Original Haze x Skunk

Hurk

I just got these as freebies with my last order. Good to hear all the positive comments about 'em.

ahssensi

Got some as freebies as well, I'm old enough to remember old time haze. Any info on growing these is appreciated.

C

cway

Herbalistic said:
Yes there indeed is OldschoolThaiHaze x SK#1 & there is Original Haze x SK#1 (which we were talking about) to be found on Cultivators Choice lines...

I havent grown anything else than this OH x SK#1 from SamS, but I think all those lines must be the bomb :woohoo:

If you guys/gals are willing to wait awhile before harvest & you aint afraid of complex flowering, then I would say these lines fit for you :yes:

I shared my cut with several people and only one of them did follow my tips growing her, so he was the only one with good result, other guys did grow it like standard indicadom and noticed how she didnt never fill & stop flowering! + they did cut it early :confused:

Only bad thing is that I trusted these guys for keeping it for me, while I didnt have it currently at my garden only to disapoint when asking a cut couple daze ago.. No more OH x SK#1 on any of those friends I shared it = no OH x SK#1 for Herbalistic :badday: Everyone of them said they have forwarded their grows on more "practical" directions... These guys didnt understand that they cannot grow it like some indidom and give N till the end and then they complain it doesnt yield, wtf :confused:

This is a strain with multiple harvest windows and really needs couple rounds before understanding her :2cents:

Hello Herbalistic :wave: :wave:

As for the N do you think that repotting in fresh medium with Castings and Guanos is to Much N? Maybe just the fresh soil and the high P Guanos and H2) and Molasses?

Thanks for the info

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I just got this as a freebie. Having never grown out any real sativa plants before I would really appreciate some advice for a noob on old school sativa flowering. Whats a good low N fert? Will Neptune's harvest fish+seaweed work?

THC•20

So when you say no nitrogen when flowering that means that bloom ferts that have even a bit of nitrogen in them aren't good to use? Because I use GH Floranova bloom

G

Deft said:
I just got this as a freebie. Having never grown out any real sativa plants before I would really appreciate some advice for a noob on old school sativa flowering. Whats a good low N fert? Will Neptune's harvest fish+seaweed work?

Me too, I'll race ya :muahaha:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
I got your Pm nipplecrippler :wink:

I am not an soil grower, but instead growing in cococoir, so I cannot help you accurately, but I try..

I quess this Neptunes sea weed extract works really well when gived with moderation. All she needs, is basicly rich soil and only water! I have no exprerience regarding batshit, so I dont comment on that, but I will say it´s easy to burn this strain with ferts, N, P etc... those are the basic "troublemakers" when growing this strain first time´s. Mu advice would be: stay low on nutes and start weekly N droppings after the halfway, at the same time, increase the P amount weekly with slightly increase and remember guys/gals, patience is trump when growing this expectional cross rewarding you with first class sinse :2cents:

G

Herbalistic said:
I got your Pm nipplecrippler :wink:

I am not an soil grower, but instead growing in cococoir, so I cannot help you accurately, but I try..

I quess this Neptunes sea weed extract works really well when gived with moderation. All she needs, is basicly rich soil and only water! I have no exprerience regarding batshit, so I dont comment on that, but I will say it´s easy to burn this strain with ferts, N, P etc... those are the basic "troublemakers" when growing this strain first time´s. Mu advice would be: stay low on nutes and start weekly N droppings after the halfway, at the same time, increase the P amount weekly with slightly increase and remember guys/gals, patience is trump when growing this expectional cross rewarding you with first class sinse :2cents:

I'm wondering what I said in that pm now H :bashhead:

I'll be growing in coco too. The reason I pm'ed you was there was something you'd said earlier in the thread about N levels and how the guys you'd got to grow for you didn't follow your instructions and got a light airy crop and were disappointed.....(to be continued).....

Thanks for replying.

Last edited:

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
For those dirt growers out there I would recommend a 1-1-1 ratio fertilizer in moderation. I found the sativas do better when given this general purpose fertilizer. I use this fertilizer up until about 5 weeks left in budding. Then I give them a good dose of high P quano and flush the last couple weeks. I use Fox Farms Peace of Mind(5-5-5) and Sunleaves bat guano (1-10-.5).

As far as timelines I vegged for a month. She was probably about 15" when I turned the lights back to 12/12. It then took 30 days to show some female flowers on 12/12. At this point she was probably nearing 4 feet. I then put her outside to grow. She then showed hairs again at the end of summer about 30 days after all the other plants. After seeing hairs it took her another 12 weeks to finish budding. So I would say the pheno I had would be in 12/12 for at least 16 weeks indoors.

It looks like Farmer John grew a nice one indoors. Maybe dropping the light hours some would help budding a little faster. I would recommend outdoors would be a better place to grow this strain. However you grow it just grow it because it is some good pot.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
nipplecrippler said:
Me too, I'll race ya :muahaha:
Lol, I'm not going to start them for a couple months since I want to get my outdoor running well and I need the space for those plants. After that I want to do some indica, after that I'll do the haze x skunk.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Miko and friends...the DoobieDuck will be watching with interest as I have a pack of these as well. They'll make good images but from what I've read the smoke might be to much for the duck...LOL. Herb and Nipple good to see you here in this thread. I won't start mine for awhile..see you then and thanks for all the great info and thanks Miko for the thread to watch....DD

Last edited:
G

Thanks doob.

Out of 5 soaked I popped 4.
Out of those 4, 3 have germed and are doing well.

I'll update with pics in a couple of days :jump:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Good news :jump:

Remember guys when I told I lost my favorite cut of OH x SK#1? Well, friend who I gifted that cut visited me yesterday and bought some beans with him.

The cut I had hermied already when I received it and it had pollinated another OH x SK#1 plant growing in my friends room + it had pollinated Neville´s Haze (same cut I have) + SageDaze from Moonshineman & Kali Most plants!

I received some seeds of each, he really did make my day with those OH x SK#1 x OH x SK#1 beans fo´real :jump: This is how it goes -> sharing is caring :D

Friend & his friends have popped about 150 beans already of these various combinations and they all have been 100 % female as far! No single hermie in the bunch :yoinks:

Ickis

Veteran
I was thinking about just starting the seeds I got the other day of Thunk now and stick them outside. I know there is no chance to finish in the NE USA at 40 N. However, I could take cuts of the females after they preflower. Then I could clone from them for an indoor run. In fact anyone wanting to grows these inside could do this. It will save a lot of work and space. So if you for some of these think about an outdoor run just to sort out the females. By the end of October, even though they wouldn't be near done, you would know what phenos were what. Then you could harvest them and chuck them in the hash bags. These would be a nice winter grow.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brastaman those two are getting to be more than just pen pals with me now...NippleCrippler great start...thanks for passing on the news Herb, Ickis I think they'll be a longer finish strain..skinny says 16 weeks...maybe we'll get more input from someone, for you to lovelightpower?? DD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts