What's new

Salt buildup with blumats??

Sforza

Veteran
400 grams per liter of water makes the same drip clean formula, so if you wanted say 1 gal, just do this:

400g x 3,75L = 1514 grams

so 1514 grams per gallon of water....

you now have your own gallon of "home made" drip clean....mix at same strength you would do with drip clean

Joe, you are on the right track, but I think you overlooked one detail. It is true that the drip clean product is only 40% as concentrated as the PeKacid, with the drip clean having: Available Phosphate (P205) 24.0%; Soluble Potash (K20) 8% and the PeKacid being 0-60-20, so in a gallon of drip clean, you will have 1514 grams of PeKacid, as you stated, but you will add that 1514 grams of PeKacid to 2271 grams of water, yielding 3785 grams of drip clean equivalent liquid.

That would bring the concentration down to 0-24-8, the same as drip clean.

If you add the 1514 grams of PeKacid to a full gallon of water, the result would be a liquid that is more dilute than drip clean.

Straight

I think the math is off by a factor of 1000

I think the math is off by a factor of 1000

Not trying to be a smarty. But, I'm trying to verify the concentration of PeKacid to duplicate the Drip Clean formula. I think 1.5K grams seems a little much.

The original math might be wrong. My pekacid container says
FRONT:
PeKacid
0-60-20
customhydronutrients.com ...
Net weight: 1 pound.

BACK:
PeKacid
Guaranteed Analysis
Nitrogen ......0%
Phosphate ..60%
Potash .......20%
One gram in one gallon of water yields 69ppm P and 44ppm K. Elemental concentration range in common nutrient solutions.
Phosphorus: 15-90 Potassium: 50-350ppm

OK, given that information, here is my thinking, (I'm not a chemist)...

I recall that DC was 24% and 8%, so to get that, here's some math:

24/60=.4
8/20=.4

And since the dose is 1gram per gallon (US), then 1 gram X .4 = 400 miligrams, NOT 400 grams.

I think I will add 0.4 grams / US Gallon of PeKacid to produce home made Drip Clean.

Does this seem correct?

hehehemann

I'm interested in knowing the exact forumla to replicate drip clean too. Can anyone confirm the math from either what Straight posted above or the repeated 400g as in other posts?