What's new

Safe addy--How?

Sojourner

habeeb said:
- snip-
just send the seeds to your house and stop worrying. worst case is they take your seeds and tell you you've been caught. we know of no case so far that a grower has been busted after getting the letter. there is no safe address when you talk about getting seeds into the US. you just have to roll the dice. once you do that first order and they come, your gonna be hooked.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm still leery of ordering seeds to a grow, but I'll probably take the risk and go for it.

Haps: I would spread gas and burn this thread if I could, is there a mod here who can nuke this duck?
Um what? I didn't think this thread was breaking any rules... Can you elaborate on what your problem is with this?

habeeb said:
- never tell anyone your growing, if you can't keep it to yourself, how are they going to? never under any way break this rule, others might, but that's why they end up getting caught. all you do is read stories saying no one knew but my one trusted buddy... blah blah blah

- P.O boxes have to be setup with identification too ( law knows this tactic, your not being sneaky ) plus I'm sure you get in more trouble being that its government property...

just send the seeds to your house and stop worrying. worst case is they take your seeds and tell you you've been caught. we know of no case so far that a grower has been busted after getting the letter. there is no safe address when you talk about getting seeds into the US. you just have to roll the dice. once you do that first order and they come, your gonna be hooked.
But we do know of cases where the seeds were intercepted and local law enforcement was notified:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96735&highlight=indiana
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=84463&highlight=indiana

zappa66

A friend of mine sent it to the house down the road, then peeked in the mail box for 2 weeks, finally got it. Crazy shit +1 felony...

Back when I was under 18 I sweet talked my local post mistress into letting me use an empty PO box…no name nothing. Said I needed it for my “eBay” store, bought a bunch of salvia, HBW seeds, etc. –hey If you know the person try it.

(For reference our respective families were/are friends)

Last edited:
Here is what I have been doing for years.

I let the postman know that I have a friend (fictitious) living with me. I send a couple of letters to this phony person in the days/weeks prior to ordering beans to establish that the mail will get delivered. I order beans in this phony name and have them sent to my address.

I am still having beans delivered to my grow but at least there is some deniability. I am not a lawyer and do not know if this would hold up in court if I was somehow busted. But I have never had a bean shipment not make it. I have now lived in the same place for the last couple of years and every so often send a letter to my phony name just to keep the mail coming for my next bean order. At least it looks like the phony name gets mail every so often from places other than overseas.

Good luck in your search and peace of mind. I hope this suggestion helps.

By the way, my phony name is Mr. Jerry Garcia.

I was in the same boat and had decided to just order to my house.

The beans got snagged by customs and that pretty much ended my desire to order anymore seeds.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

props to iluvtogrograss

props to iluvtogrograss

iluvtogrograss that rocks,,,,,i have been thinking about ordering but i am a little leary, but the friend staying over thing is the best one i've heard,,i'll establish mail for my new friend tomorrow..i was going to wait til the holiday season and try it with a flood of mail, but i'll do both,,,thanks again iluvtogrograss

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
you tell your conservative buddies that you need to use their address to have something delivered, it is a dildo for your wife because you have a tiny pecker and gotta make up for it somehow, so you tell your buddy to keep this conversation secret because it is a cause of shame for you, and you get a safe addy.
worste case scenario, the seeds get found and confiscated and no one gets in trouble hopefully.

vindiesel

Veteran
here no sig needed to pick up mail in PO box. open 24 hours. can have any name on it and they will put in box.

Sojourner

PazVerdeRadical said:
you tell your conservative buddies that you need to use their address to have something delivered, it is a dildo for your wife because you have a tiny pecker and gotta make up for it somehow, so you tell your buddy to keep this conversation secret because it is a cause of shame for you, and you get a safe addy.
worste case scenario, the seeds get found and confiscated and no one gets in trouble hopefully.
Neverminding the fact that my wife and I are separated, It seems morally wrong to me to order seeds to someones house without their explicit permission. Moreover, it is my understanding that the seed package would be not much bigger than an envelope---I'm sure you could come up with some other false contents, but it just doesn't seem believable to claim its contents as a sex toy.

vindiesel said:
here no sig needed to pick up mail in PO box. open 24 hours. can have any name on it and they will put in box.
Wow. I've never heard any place doing it that way, atleast not in recent years. You're in the US, right?

Last edited:

Ajunta Pall

Hey dude, if you don't have anything growing in your house at the present, then this is what you do. First, take all grow related items and store them off your property after you have sent in your order. This way you can't be nailed for conspiracy.

Second, make a decent sized order of course in a fictious name, say Jean Luc Piccard for instance and have it delivered to your home address. Your clean home address.

Third once package is delivered don't open it for a week or so. If the police have your house in their radar they'll raid it w/in a couple of days, and if the package isn't opened then they can't charge you w/anything. You can write not at this address on the letter and tell the pigs you haven't gotten around to giving it back to the postman yet. Leave it in a pile of junk mail too, just for show. Might make a difference if you recieve uninvited guests.

Odds are you'll just get a green taped letter if discovered the first time. And if you are successful then you won't have to be worrying about having a safe addresss for quite some time.

melvin2

Fictitious names are the number 1 reason deliveries fail to arrive.
Unless you have it worked out that the postal worker/s know that they need to deliver to your fake name, or you have verified with tons of junk mail that they will deliver to your fake name, you need to use a real name.

BirdDawg

I am a safe addy. I do not grow anything other than houseplants and orchids. I make orders and accept deliveries for two growing friends. I use my address and my step sister's name, or the name of the person we bought our house from, both of whom get mail delivered here occasionally, anyway. Cops ever show up here I may get busted for possession (I am paid well in smoke for my services), but my grower friends will be safe. My orchids have lights, nutes, fans, hydroton, etc. etc. They are pampered as much as my friends pamper their less legal plants. This method has worked for years now and serves all of us quite well. BTW, my two grower friends do not know each other, only know of each other. No one besides them even knows I have anything to do with growing. I just have a few other friends who know I tend to have access to the best product!

Lord Doobie

yes, they won't deliver to fictitious names...forget it
post office boxes and general delivery require identification...forget it
however, I've discovered they do deliver to business/generic names and have received everything for years using the example below:

Studio 77
123 Maple St.
Unit 234
Chicago, Ill 12345

you can "condition" the postal worker by sending a few letters to yourself addressed this way first if you wish...I didn't bother

I ordered fem seeds a month before I moved...but still use this technique for everything else

Last edited:
V

vod

Reading the first page got me thinking: It must be a sad world some of you guys live in, if you have not one person with an address (that isn't yours) who you can trust.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
Reading the first page got me thinking: It must be a sad world some of you guys live in, if you have not one person with an address (that isn't yours) who you can trust.

only person I can trust is myself, sad but true

Sojourner

vod said:
Yeah, it is kind of depressing. The only person I trusted is the same that introduced me to growing, but he since passed away several years ago. If it wasn't for the internet, I'd feel like I was utterly alone with some dark secret.

melvin2

BirdDawg said:
I am a safe addy. I do not grow anything other than houseplants and orchids. I make orders and accept deliveries for two growing friends. I use my address and my step sister's name, or the name of the person we bought our house from, both of whom get mail delivered here occasionally, anyway. Cops ever show up here I may get busted for possession (I am paid well in smoke for my services), but my grower friends will be safe. My orchids have lights, nutes, fans, hydroton, etc. etc. They are pampered as much as my friends pamper their less legal plants. This method has worked for years now and serves all of us quite well. BTW, my two grower friends do not know each other, only know of each other. No one besides them even knows I have anything to do with growing. I just have a few other friends who know I tend to have access to the best product!

I need to bring to your attention that using a previous tenants name is a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD idea even if you still get their mail more than a year later.

There are occasions where a postal worker knows that someone has moved to a new location and if he/she sees that person's name on a package they will personally see to it that the mail gets forwarded. This wont happen all the time and maybe even not much of the time but it DOES happen. Sometimes people are friendly with their mailman.

The person's name you used gets the mail at their new address and decides they don't like marijuana growers and calls the cops. Next is the knock and talk but don't be fooled. They will do whatever they can think of to enter your dwelling. Constitutional rights often mean nothing in these scenarios and cops will certainly fuck with you if you bring that point up (unless they are smart but hey...).

Use a real name and a name that you know will ONLY be delivered to the specific safe addy. A relatives name is ok I think but caution must be taken.

edit: I think you can ignore this if you create a ghost recipient with junkmail and use a po box or something.

Last edited:

Bulénath

Family.

Family.

Blood is thick, much thicker than almost anything in life.
If there is a safe route to go, talk to your dearest family member for non-illegal activites. If they are completely legit, I see no reason why ordering seeds to thier house, under a belivably fake name, would cause any legal repercusions...

If we learned anything from old Mafia movies, it's all about keeping it within the family...

Last edited:

BirdDawg

melvin2 said:
I need to bring to your attention that using a previous tenants name is a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD idea even if you still get their mail more than a year later.

There are occasions where a postal worker knows that someone has moved to a new location and if he/she sees that person's name on a package they will personally see to it that the mail gets forwarded. This wont happen all the time and maybe even not much of the time but it DOES happen. Sometimes people are friendly with their mailman.

The person's name you used gets the mail at their new address and decides they don't like marijuana growers and calls the cops. Next is the knock and talk but don't be fooled. They will do whatever they can think of to enter your dwelling. Constitutional rights often mean nothing in these scenarios and cops will certainly fuck with you if you bring that point up (unless they are smart but hey...).

Use a real name and a name that you know will ONLY be delivered to the specific safe addy. A relatives name is ok I think but caution must be taken.

edit: I think you can ignore this if you create a ghost recipient with junkmail and use a po box or something.

Just to clarify - the previous tenant in this case is a doctor and his lawyer wife - retired to Europe, almost 6 years ago. No forwarding address on file. Reason I know is we had to deal with the post office and Bayer pharma when we continually received packages of drug samples! He was in pediatrics and we got boxes and boxes of Children's Motrin. Post office had no forwarding address, and Bayer didn't seem to care they were sending packages to a personal residence. I finally went through another pediatrician's office and they reported it and the shipments stopped. Meanwhile, we still get a significant amount of mail from various charitable organizations and a number of pieces of junk mail in their name. In addition, we are on our third mailman since we've lived here. So in this case, I feel quite safe, but you're right, this particular scenario may not work for everyone.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
melvin2 said:
Fictitious names are the number 1 reason deliveries fail to arrive.
Unless you have it worked out that the postal worker/s know that they need to deliver to your fake name, or you have verified with tons of junk mail that they will deliver to your fake name, you need to use a real name.

With all respect, I have to disagree with you--
I am always helping friends and family out, and letting them stay with me-- I have never had a problem with other ppl getting their mail at my house--

This (except you never use a "Funny" or Famous name!!) is the best Idea so far, to cover yourself if you have to have it sent to your house--

Ajunta Pall said:
Hey dude, if you don't have anything growing in your house at the present, then this is what you do. First, take all grow related items and store them off your property after you have sent in your order. This way you can't be nailed for conspiracy.

Second, make a decent sized order of course in a fictious name, say Jean Luc Piccard for instance and have it delivered to your home address. Your clean home address.

Third once package is delivered don't open it for a week or so. If the police have your house in their radar they'll raid it w/in a couple of days, and if the package isn't opened then they can't charge you w/anything. You can write not at this address on the letter and tell the pigs you haven't gotten around to giving it back to the postman yet. Leave it in a pile of junk mail too, just for show. Might make a difference if you recieve uninvited guests.

Odds are you'll just get a green taped letter if discovered the first time. And if you are successful then you won't have to be worrying about having a safe addresss for quite some time.