What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S1,seeds??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Looking at a clone of an S1 seed from excellent plant. How similar or different will plants from the seeds be?

Mithridate

Depends how stable the mother plant was for the traits you're looking for.

Bubba kush S1's should come out very similar.

Og widow kush cake will probably recombine, and segregate

Loc Dog

Veteran
Depends how stable the mother plant was for the traits you're looking for.

Bubba kush S1's should come out very similar.

Og widow kush cake will probably recombine, and segregate
The strain is Oreo Big Stuff from copycat genetics. They sell seeds for $750. Allegedly 35% to 41% THC. Someone is selling clones, but they have not flowered it yet, and growing 40 others just going into flower.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Well...

I'm afraid I won't be of much help with this new age hybrid thing. At first glance, all I can say is I'd rename this strain "hype fest" haha
I am thinking of buying THC level test kits.

Tomatoesonly

I am thinking of buying THC level test kits.

I ran into this THC thing doing some research, and the article seemed to heavily indicate that people are full of shit with these THC tests that are 30+. Supposedly, if I remember, nothing had got close to that high in cannabis competitions when tested by real labs in front of everyone. It was always some suspect group that couldn't show results or the story was suspect, and nobody could ever repeat or come close to the numbers reported. After reading that, I definitely have suspicious eyes on any of these breeders claiming big numbers.

revegeta666

I ran into this THC thing doing some research, and the article seemed to heavily indicate that people are full of shit with these THC tests that are 30+. Supposedly, if I remember, nothing had got close to that high in cannabis competitions when tested by real labs in front of everyone. It was always some suspect group that couldn't show results or the story was suspect, and nobody could ever repeat or come close to the numbers reported. After reading that, I definitely have suspicious eyes on any of these breeders claiming big numbers.

Not only are they probably lying, but THC level has nothing to do with quality of the effect, and is not a real indicator of potency. There are over a hundred cannabinoids in weed, not even counting terpenes, flavonoids etc, which all could contribute to get you high. We don't even know which ones do what yet.

Who cares about high THC level if you can smoke a few bongs, be high and numb for 45 min and having to do more bongs to Keep that high, finally falling asleep on the couch.

Now smoke half a joint of zamal, have a 4-5 hour adventure, go for a run, clean the whole house, get scared at the supermarket and run away, lose your glasses until you realise you were wearing them all along, and come back to the half joint in the ashtray and think "nah I'm good maybe tomorrow"

Loc Dog

Veteran
I bought some clones in late summer and 2 I got were from someone who grew some copycat seeds and is selling clones of those that were strongest growers. I know copycat new owner is hated by many. Claims 40% - 45% THC levels. Doubt they will amount to much since just S1's so a crap shoot. Copycat is selling packets of seeds for $3500 although doubt many are that stupid.

Last edited:

HalfArsedFarmer

Not only are they probably lying, but THC level has nothing to do with quality of the effect, and is not a real indicator of potency. There are over a hundred cannabinoids in weed, not even counting terpenes, flavonoids etc, which all could contribute to get you high. We don't even know which ones do what yet.

Who cares about high THC level if you can smoke a few bongs, be high and numb for 45 min and having to do more bongs to Keep that high, finally falling asleep on the couch.

Now smoke half a joint of zamal, have a 4-5 hour adventure, go for a run, clean the whole house, get scared at the supermarket and run away, lose your glasses until you realise you were wearing them all along, and come back to the half joint in the ashtray and think "nah I'm good maybe tomorrow"
Exactly how I feel.

The last 10 years in the US has been a waste of time trying and lying about super high THC levels...
Listened to many pod casts featuring head growers & well known breeders saying the claims being made are just not true.

DJ always and still does say he breeds for the buzz and feeling not the numbers.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC % is inaccurate and only used as a sales gimmick. Anything over 15% is fine. The combined total cannabinoids are what we want.

PodunkExpress

From a breeding perspective, if I were looking to save genetics for future projects what would be a better route backcrossing or selfing? From a time perspective I'd like to go the selfing route just to get the genetics preserved into seed form quickly but I've read several conflicting opinions on the hermie traits carrying over.

Tomatoesonly

From a breeding perspective, if I were looking to save genetics for future projects what would be a better route backcrossing or selfing? From a time perspective I'd like to go the selfing route just to get the genetics preserved into seed form quickly but I've read several conflicting opinions on the hermie traits carrying over.
IMO, you had people doing selfing by stressing the plant into hermie condition, and then Surprise surprise surprise..the next gen had hermie problems.
Selfing via ST chemicals, is a blocker and hormone manipulator, and only on the very plant material that it is sprayed on. This is different from light stress, IMO. ST is much more inline with playing within the rules, vs. forcing a plant to break them.

Latest posts

Latest posts