What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S&S not so secret dry-sift 2010

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very nice run of kiff man, hows the taste? does it remind you of the JH at all? is it ticklish in the throat? if yes just stash it for another 3 months.

C

Chamba

very nice dry sift! It doesn't get any better than that! With quality that good, I really wonder why any one would want to use petro-chemical extractions.

Have you tried freezing the resin and the screen then resifting the dry sift?....stop when about 80% has passed through the mesh......contaminants are usually lighter in weight and odder, non-sperical shaped so when resifting will pass through the mesh, initially,. at a slower rate than the resin heads. ..but hey, you are right SIdeshowBob, why mess with super clean resin?, if it was any purer it would drip through the mesh!

I'd love to see some close up pics of that lovely dry sift.

and don't be too amazed people, you too can dry sift to that same quality.....by working good quality, aged starting material for a short duration...not by shaking the crap out of badly handled stuff you harvested and trimmed off two weeks ago.

What the world needs is a dry sifting technique that efficiently produces SideshowBob's level of excellent purity while removing 100% of the resin heads on the material, not just the first, relatively easy to get 20 ~ 25%.

ElRubio

Veteran
Coooool pics and hashish...

Su & you are a pair of bandoleros!!

best vibes! see ya very soon w a present!

15 minutes likely right for first sift. mine skips melting and vaporizes when run for 1/2 hour. later runs keep an ember but still uber potent. run 5-6(half hour runs) usually come out green. smokable but presses poorly.

Dimebagg

Dont be too modest. You have some amazing looking dry sift there. I dont grow enough myself for this process to really benefit me, but man Id love to smoke a little of what youve got. Awesome product my friend.

mr.haze420

Veteran
r.i.p. sam the skunkmans secret process, if he thought he was going to cash in big he waited to long

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sideshow-Bob,
Great looking dry sift.
Any idea on the yield from how much small leaf?
Glad to see your effort, how much better then water hash of the same material is it, if it is better?
I used to see that kind of quality from under screens of buds already manicured. FMCD, but just a bit of trash in it.
Anyway have fun with it, it is top of the line for sure.

-SamS

alamony2005

I am also in awe of the quality for such a simple process. Great work my friend!

Sam, I had a seed from you as a freebie from the boutique. I wish it was able to germ it out.

T

Truthman

I'm not trying to crash the party but I don't think you are close to sam's dry sift because I saw no stalks in his but I see quite a few in yours BUT it is still good.

If you use firefox press ctrl and + to maximize the screen and you can see a lot of stalks behind the trichomes.

Why don't you do another run with a smaller screen?

susantidad

Hey Bob nice thread!

this was also a nice day of work, there was nothing more than two friend, a bags of mini leafs covered in resin and separated in diferent genetics.

absolutely important the dry of the vegetal material, should be dry -bone crush-. in this point whe used a okief 110 lpi tumbler, with runs from 30sec to 15min.

the first pic is a 15 minutes run of jack herer, indica fenotype.

It´s very very clean, not like the Sams qualities (no one said this:)) but i think that is very nice to smoke in a bong, for us the way to go with this hashes.

I guess should be possible to do another run with another mesh but for me.. i think that this quality is good enough for smoke daily.
I did other run 12 moths ago when the tumbler comes, with a house genetic from my city, i think that was more clear than this, but very dificult to smoke in the glass, even with two screen it runs down the downstem of the bong... i don´t need this quality rigth now.

easy to do, really, everyone can get this qualities.

that´s again for the pics, nice to remember this afternoon Bob!!
susantidad.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
nice bob...sieht super lecker aus!!!
how about a 10min run WOW wouldn't it even more pure?? But i guess it def. not necessary

have fun bro

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
here's something very interesting and also surprising , is to find that the 110 lpi is in fact "160 micron" .... the also do a 120lpi (125 micron).. I have to say it looks incredably clean for such big holes :D

most impressive :)

dest

The fact that you got it looking this good at 110 lpi is very strange. Do you guys think the resin head rolls through the screen easier at this width?

susantidad

hello people!,

I was a 110 LPI metal screen like a 160 microns mesh, big holes.. but nice results!

the runs was from 30 seconds to 15 minutes, and we didn´t appreciate differences betwen both runs (using same genetics) this point surprised us also..

okief recomends resift this quality in the 120 LPI screen but I don´t have it... yet! ejejej

thanks for the coments and good vives!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Any idea of the weight of the material sifted? And the weight of the resin collected in 15 minutes?

-SamS

susantidad

Hi Sam, is a honor having you here!

really we don´t weigth the vegetals.. the quality of the leaf was vey high but we don´t know the quantity..

I should speak with bob about, he may remember clearly, this day we was doing several test with 4 or 5 genetic mini leafs, with differents timings (this was the only we save in our notebook, timings and genetics)

the object of the test this day was to see the increment of vegetal in time usin the tumbler, next time we will check the returns.

regards,
susantidad.