What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S&S not so secret dry-sift 2010

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hi :)

welcome to Susantidad's and Sideshow-bob's not so secret dry-sift 2010 thread...

Some weeks ago i was invited for a dry sift session at susantidad's place... we both have more experience with bubblehash but were inspired by samtheskunkmans famous 99,99% pure dry sift to try and get some quality kief...

to make things short here is the result:

I was really suprised by the quality obtained without any effort... this skuff was made from trim, not even buds... it was from a jack herer indica phenotype (nl-clone) completely dry and cured for 2-3 months. It was made with an o-kief tumbler, in a 15 minutes run.

As you can see it still contains slight contaminations but basically consists of only heads, now our first plan was to try and further purify the skuff to see wether we could get rid of the contaminations, but we were already that stisfied with this quality that we happily decided it would not be necessary as we wouldn't taste or feel any difference when smoking it ;)

that's it for now, a lot more pics and descriptions to come...

good vibes

HazeVentura

Hoi Bob,

lookin nice .... have fun smoking that shizzel :D

peace HV

p.s. vielleicht sehen wir uns bald für ein, zwei Tage.....

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Thx for passing by dr.buddington, scrogerman, blackburngrower and HV :)

HV: Wie gesagt du bist hier jederzeit willkommen, schreib mir hier auf IC ne pm wenn dir danach ist :) lass den kopf nicht hängen!

Ok, here it is after "pressing" rather melting between the fingers ;) we only pressed a small part to sample that day, the rest is still curing...

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
dam that looks amazing looks like somone finaly matched sam's hash

I think you can clearly see it is not as pure as sam's... but i also think it shows that someone dedicated with enough good herb should have no problem in getting close enough to the purity of sam's, close enough at least that the difference only is a mere aesthetic (ego-loaded) thing...

this hash only was made from good trim, following the instructions of how to use a tumbler... no further seiving etc, so yeah i think you don't need any secret techniques for getting the highest quality of hash...

here another pic of that herer-hash pressed:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
very very nice looking sift guys... I wish I could get those macro shots of mine to check purity etc...

would it be possible to get a link to a full size (or at least much larger) pic of the heads from post #1? I would love to "dive in" to it :)

p.s do you have any specs or know which model of o kief tumbler you're using? I'm interested in knowing the micron sizing on those drums :)

G

Guest 18340

Nice hash. So you gonna show us/tell us how you did it, since it's not so secret anymore?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
thx mates, sorry no higher resolution... still haven't got me that mpe-65 :D

about how it's made, i think i posted everything...

o-kief tumbler, 2-3 month cured jack herer trim - bone dry - (only the small resinous leafs), 15 min, that's about it... it is really that easy ;)

in action:

*yummy* :D

edit: btw as you can see by the hairs in the pic, maybe one is more to worry about contaminations in the pipe than in the hash :D

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
nice bubbles... jumper fluff aside :D

ok no big pics, I'll have to just "believe my eyes" as to how clean it looks :)

can I ask did you freeze the dried/cured trim?

p.s ...and can I ask your thoughts as a "bubblebag" head... how do you feel it compares to your normal extractions? I'm a big old sift head and just love the flavours acheived using this method over all others (iso, bho, ice) :)

G

Guest 18340

So that's it? A 15 minute tumble huh? I thought their was more to the "secret" process.

P

Peat

Great work Sideshow-Bob! :respect:

I accidently gave you a neg rating trying to flip to pg 2. :redface: DOH!