What's new

???"s on using a microscope

Joemutt1978

I would say,

Bump it down to the 35x and take a gander.

100x is too much for me, the larger the zoom, the more light you need to put on. I have the pocket sized one too, works great.

I think your problems are not enough light, and too much zoomed in. But I have been wrong before.

G

Okay, friendly2u posted a pic of the scope I have, I also found it in a garden shop up in Orgen, so you can order it online if you like. They are real good and a family garden store so they ship in un marked box's UPS. Cat number 805 1159 83206 cost is 15.95

1 800 669 5483 open 7 days a week

www.everybodysgardencenter.com

I have used them for over 4 year's and now they are bigger than ever, but still carry all most everything I want or need.

Price's, hummm, well the seem to be very good, most the time lowest, but they are located in OR, so for some a shipping fee may apply.

grow safe.

realhigh.

I mounted my camera on the microscope, keep real still, and you can get some awesome trichome picture's, digi cam's seem to be match up best to the scope.

Happy Holiday's and enjoy your loved one's.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Question about the radio shack mic...

Question about the radio shack mic...

For those of you who use the radio shack microscopes, here's what might be a dumb question. When I use mine I have a very hard time keeping my hand still or keeping it in focus to look at the trichs. What do the rest of you do? Do you cut samples and check those, or do you have a technique that I should use for checking buds still on the plant?

Thanks for the help.

GreatLakes THC

G

Hey GL :wave: I have one and its a bitch.I palm the bud and with the fingers on the same hand i hold the scope to the bud and use the right hand to focus(pain in the butt).The best n easiest way is to take a bud off n look @ it,but who wants to do that everytime u check. :confused: SB had them nice long ones that looked easier to use,gotta snag one if they come up again.. :joint: DWW

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Thanks DWW. That's how I've been doing it too, but it is very difficult. Especially if my hands are shaky that day. I think I might try to find a jewelers loupe and see if that is easier.

GreatLakes THC

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GreatLakes you bring up a very interesting point. When using the radio shack units I try to adjust the focus on something before I put the lens around what I want to see. If you have the same probs I do It's not getting to see it holding still long enough to focus. Focus before you look on your finger or something or when viewing start from the lowest mag setting at least that helps my blind ole sorry shakky handed ass. But here lies the Rolls Royce:

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=CMA800

Mr.Wags

G

I have the same Radio Shack scope. I just clip a small piece of leaf on the Top and look at it ...I never could use it aganst the Bud. I can't seem to be able to hold it still long enough to see....(Hmmm might be that buzz I have)
Suess