What's new

???"s on using a microscope

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I have an old microscope(probably a toy) 75x-300x-600x. anyway I've been looking though it everyday to see my trics, and I'm not seeing anything like what I see in the pictures on the sites. I've never used a microscope befor, but I was wondering if this particular one too powerful/weak?? Do I look at a piece of the leaf or a pistol, or do I scrape off some of the trics onto the slides (glass)?????
:confused: :confused:

G

Hey CCr, I dont think its to weak,mine is 60 x 100 and it works great.Never used one of those to look at the trichs but u can look at any part off a bud and it will look sweet.Get a radio shack one ,the same one i have and it only cost $9.99/ I dont know why the one you have isnt working though,sounds like it would work nice.What does it look like that it is not like what you have seen around here on the site? :canabis: I like looking at kif under it ,man that looks unreal. :wave:
2544Picture123-thumb.jpeg

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
hard to describe what I see, but its more like profiles of the trics, cant determine if they are clear or cloudy. Like a silloette(sp).

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Clear or Cloudy

Clear or Cloudy

I took some pics though my microscope and well, I'm unsure as to what I'm looking atl :confused: Tell me what you all see,if anything :chin: :)
Its a picture of a one of the amber hairs.

G

Kinda looks like it needs to be lit up better. Can you supplement the light, maybe from the side?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Funny you should mention the darkness, Elvis, that microscope has been in my closet for more than 30 years and it never dawned on me to clean the lens :tongue:My battery ran out in the camera so, I'll have better pics tommarro

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
clear or cloudy????

clear or cloudy????

Heres some more pics, I think they are a little better.Its a pis of one of the hairs . The hairs are at 50-60% amber now I know she is getting real close to harvest, but would like to get some opinions on the tricromes (if they are visible in the pics).

G

Cool pics cough. Looks like another world. It looks like from the pics that it might be to strong but def not to weak. I would also suggest the battery powered one from radio shack. peace.

G

it's too powerful...I use a 30x to see mine and you can see them perfectly

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I found a dope scope at the growshop yesterday, 15pounds, im getting it next week, coz my magos ate almost done, the pack said 56 days, so that is a week on sunday coming, but i know thats only a guideline and could be ready a bit sooner, or a bit l8er, thats why im getting a scope, as i am advised by just aboput every1 that it is the definitive way to check plant maturity and ripeness.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Well, i got the aforementioned scope, the 30X one that comes in a blue box, it was 15 pou7nds, and its great, and after looking, i am chopping today, which is spot on the 56 fays stated on the packet, i have mostly milky, some still clear, and some amber stating to lose their round shape and go lumpy if u get me, so i think it's time, I would recommend buying 1 of these little scopes, it has a light, and is easy to focus, and the amount u use it, the batteries should last ages.

G

:friends: Hey Natty :wave: You can get online at Radio Shack and i think you can get it on there. I bought another one two weeks ago so i know they have them. There was a nice one on Seedbay alittle while back,not sure if its stil around. :canabis:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
This is the microscope I use. It's ancient, but works very well thank you.
Natty, sometimes, if you look on E-Bay, under microscope's, you can find older one's like mine for cheap, as in less than $ 100.00. Look for the older scope's to come with a a purpose built wooden carrying box. If not, the cheap 60 x 100 Radio Shack model ( #63-1133 ) works as well, but is a bit harder to use.

:wave:

G

this is the scope i use . it works very well .around 30. bux for it .so it was a good buy it is 30x with a light and is hand held.to carry in the room with you!
and as far as when to cut .well thats like saying ...how ya like ya steak done!!!. and all depends what ya want .. i cut mine when there cloudy,and have a amber color to the resin stalk .but take buds at different times and cure propperly note what the tricones looked like , and what day it was. then do it through the color cycles and see what you like the best out of that strain.well i hope i helped ya .

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
that s cope is almost the same as mine, but the power switch and focus wheel are on the narrow sides, where urs appear to be on the front and back. Works well for what we need, easy peasy to use, only cost me 15 quid, and it has a little case to keep it in( ok its a cheapo, tacky plastic that doesnt even try to pretend to be leather case, but it keeps it clean, lol) ! tip tho, get some alcohol swabs for easy cleaning of the end, coz it gets gummed up with resin, then the pistils stick to ir, like it'd been tarred 'n feathered, hehehe.

G

I am sure if you got online to Radio Shack you could get one. I love mine and it bring's you into a new world, trichome's!

grow safe.

realhigh.