What's new

Russian Rocket Fuel - 2nd Grow - 150 hps

Just wanted to share some pictures on my second RRF grow.

My first yielded me 16 grams of nice bud as well as about 50-60 seeds from one plant.

This grow will be from those seeds that I made.

I am using MGMC soil, in 1 gallon orange juice jugs, under a 150w hps.
Feel free to ask questions, give advice, and just follow along.

3 plants growing as of now.
Plant 1 - Sowed on 1/22/10
Plant 2 - 1/25/10
Plant 3 - 1/26/10

I am hoping for atleast 2 females. If so, I will use some CS to make fem seeds for this summer outdoors!

Now to some pictures.

These were taken on 2/4
IMG_2313-1.jpg

IMG_2312-1.jpg

IMG_2318-1.jpg

These were taken today, 2/11

IMG_2320-1.jpg

IMG_2322-1.jpg

Plant 1 - has some funky growth! Very dark deep green. Leaves look mangled. Short plant. Still only 2" even though it is the oldest, and approaching 3 weeks.

IMG_2330-1.jpg

IMG_2332-1.jpg

IMG_2329-1.jpg

Plant 2 - About 3" tall. Seems to be growing nicely.
IMG_2328-1.jpg

IMG_2326-1.jpg

IMG_2327-1.jpg

Plant 3 - Same as plant 2. About 3" tall. Nice growth. healthy.

IMG_2325-1.jpg

IMG_2324-1.jpg

wish me luck folk.

Zendo

Good luck Happy..pulling up a stool.

The twisting of the leaves makes me think PH, but others with more knowledge will chime in..

What's your nute line up?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Well,
Plant 1 is a little strange. Where it was looking mangled on the fan leaf, it is as if another leaf is growing there! This plant looks almost as if it has been topped! It is not growing any higher. What a little mutant! Still no sign of sex, as I can see, but it is very difficult to tell, because so much is packed into its 2" height! I dont know where to look lol.
IMG_2336.jpg

Plant 2 - Looked this morning. I see tiny tiny little pistils if I look reeallly close. My guess is FEMALE if she doesn't herm (knocking on wood) :)
IMG_2335.jpg

Plant 3 - Looking like its gonna be a boy. Not sure if I wanna save him or not. I will wait to see if plant 1 is male/female first.
IMG_2333.jpg

the russian rocket fuel is the next on my shopping list so i will be watching this one with great interest

I am also going them, and have read some other RRF grows. Firstly, short stuff has great seeds imo, all germed, good female/male ratio, and so far, seemingly stable pheno with the RRF. I would highly recommend them!

I'm pretty happy with RRF. To me, the only downside is the time it takes. My last plant took 11 weeks to harvest, and that was only at 5-10% amber. I like to have atleast 30%. I could almost run a regular stain in that time!

Uploaded some pictures to my last post.

Update - 2 females, 1 male. Planning on running a seed run with the healthy female and male, then keeping the strange mutant pheno for smoke.

Pic of the mutant. Two tallest branches are 5" tall, but the main stem has stopped growing at about 2-3", almost as if it were topped.
IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

All 3 plants
Left to right, male, female, strange female.
IMG_2349.jpg

2/24/10 UPDATE

2/24/10 UPDATE

Here is a little update.

Killed the male. I have plenty of seeds already. Plus I have some purple jems on the way. Enough to keep my hands full.

The plants are 12-14" tall now.
I fed them 1/4 strength Miracle Grow All purpose nutes. Bad Idea.
They developed an eagle claw leaf over night. Also, I forgot to mix in more perlite with the soil when I planted them. The soil is compacting, and isnt drying out as fast. Is there anything I can do now to fix this? stick some straws in there to air it out or something maybe? Cut some holes in the side of the jugs?
Im going to stop with the nutes. Straight water from now on.
Hope the claw clears up after the next watering. Any tips?

Thanks everybody. Here are some photos to go along.

704799488img2373.jpg

704844112img2374.jpg
704844112img2374.jpg
704850796img2375.jpg
704844112img2374.jpg

704850796-IMG_2375.jpg

Shedman

I am using the same light set up in my room, 150 hps. Got 7 females growing in week 5 of flowering. Some bag seeds and Northern Lights seeds from the internet. Veg cycle for 35 days. Started with 13 seeds some in soil and a hydro set up. Hydo did not work for me and had some other problems in the beginning. All are in soil now. I think I am doing alright for my first time in ten years. Next time I need to work harder on the fertilizers and stuff. Just smoke it

An Update is due.
The Plants have completely recovered from the claw, and are doing amazingly. One is at 6 weeks and 5 days, while there other is 3 days behind it. About 3 to 4 weeks to go on these babies. Here are some pictures of the setup right now. They are thriving under 24 hours of light. No nutes have been given since the Miracle Gro error. I will be sticking with nute-less growing from now on.

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg
IMG_2984.jpg
IMG_2985.jpg
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2987.jpg
IMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2989.jpg
IMG_2990-1.jpg

Yes the first plant was 23". These two are about 24" and 20". The short one is 7 weeks old and the other is 6 and a half weeks old. The first plant I grew was about 11 weeks old.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
You have your bulb WAY, WAY, WAYYYY too far away mate.

picture.php

It only burns the fan leaf at about 1/2'' from the bulb with 100CFM PC fan on it.

Get that bulb closer and your yield will multiply!