What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Runner's High!

St. Phatty

When I started doing biathlon, which involved carrying 50 pounds of gear up an incline of about 600 feet vertical over about a mile ... it took me about 5 attempts before I could walk all the way to the top.

Definitely a high though.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I took a case of tequila to the top of a mountain once....yeehaw...pound for pound its better than beer...

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Hey...just checking back in since I started jogging again...have to do it inside now since it's super cold here and snow 5 feet high...set the incline on the treadmill right around 3 to 4 percent most times...used to be hard to get a mile under 20 minutes with walking/jogging intervals, now I can get a mile in 17 min. 53 sec...since July of last year, I've dropped down 30 pounds or so, but still have a ways to go.

I can get it up to 5.3 mph and that's about as fast as I can go right now, but if I really try I can go well over a minute at that pace before I have to slow down to 2.5 mph. for a couple minutes. Stamina seems to get better every time I throw in jogging with my cardio.

Feels good, but it's way easier to get baked and go while listening to some good tunes.

slender

Hey...just checking back in since I started jogging again...have to do it inside now since it's super cold here and snow 5 feet high...set the incline on the treadmill right around 3 to 4 percent most times...used to be hard to get a mile under 20 minutes with walking/jogging intervals, now I can get a mile in 17 min. 53 sec...since July of last year, I've dropped down 30 pounds or so, but still have a ways to go.

I can get it up to 5.3 mph and that's about as fast as I can go right now, but if I really try I can go well over a minute at that pace before I have to slow down to 2.5 mph. for a couple minutes. Stamina seems to get better every time I throw in jogging with my cardio.

Feels good, but it's way easier to get baked and go while listening to some good tunes.

way to go bud. 30 pounds down. hows the knee treating you? make sure to swim at the ymca or some shit if u can. been a grip out here..

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Yeah, thanks man..still about 30 to go and I'll be satisfied. Knee is good if I'm medicated...only times I can't get a few hits in is when I'm at school or doing any driving, so, it starts to ache.
I would totally go swimming, but I'm not aware of any indoor pools the public can go to, besides the high school...maybe I'll check it out.

Since the last time I posted this though, I actually got faster on the mile time and dropped it to 16 min 20 seconds.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i used to run 1.5 miles a day, just like in basic training. now, i could not run out the door if my house was on fire.:biggrin: too many years of living like i would die next year...