What's new

Diary Run #6 Haze NL 87 under Mars 4800e - with control!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am wetting some seeds from JohnnyChicago (thanks!). I will be wet 6 of 11. These have a lighter color, so here's hoping they tail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01536.JPG Views:	0 Size:	358.5 KB ID:	18116104 Edit 4/4 morning - so far 3 are tailing.

Here is the light Mars supplied for this run. It works with the 0-10VDC control signal, so my remote controller can be used to control the light.

https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e4800-commercial-led-grow-light

The new Mars light is only 480 watts, but I kept the previous light in the same tent at 480W so I could judge the results of the lower power. The tent gets too hot anyways, and I will try to address that in this run also.

Here is a look at testing the light when it arrived:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...4800-bar-light

Tagging along in veg and sex will be some seeds from run #4 - I call them SKOHLP - to see how they do. I don't intend to grow any of those out here, and will try to give any plants away. Edit: I kept a male and grew him out.

These are reg seeds. Edit: Of course I am gonna try to make more.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The light is in, running off of the controller, from the control closet in the adjacent room.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01548.JPG Views:	0 Size:	269.4 KB ID:	18118954

Control closet set-up with the Mars driver. Now I need a way to raise and lower the lights remotely... I need a 'Flylow-gethigh' device.

The gray colored telephone wire between the controller and the Mars driver is where the magic happens.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01554.JPG Views:	0 Size:	339.3 KB ID:	18119925

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There are a few sprouts up. I like this FoxFarms seed starter stuff much better than what I was doing. That black stuff in the center cup and the one top left is sifted 'top dress' and some EWC, which makes a thick heavy layer that is too hot. I lost a lof of tails in that stuff. Those are SKOHLP, and I dug out 6 more with tweezers and replanted them in the fluffy stuff. I have 4 of the 87NL Haze showing green, and two SKOHLP (one fast one slow) so far, so it looks like the tent will get populated.

DSC01553.JPG

Sub24ox7

Great stuff! I germinated 3 of the haze x nl87 unfortunately all three were male they were light colored but tailed and I will germ the rest as they Seem to favor the northern lights in growth so no problem with room. Love the thread!
✌️
Edit: looks like you got straight haze x nl87 I have pan-o-haze x nl87 so Different one has Panama as well.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have heard that JohnnyChicago, from whom these magic beans came from, is re-creating the Seedsman line. i dunno, but I sure appreciate the opportunity to see what these will do. I have the Seedsman OH from Mr. Flower and some THH from Panicz, plus my SKOHLP. A lot of work to do in there.

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
I have heard that JohnnyChicago, from whom these magic beans came from, is re-creating the Seedsman line. i dunno, but I sure appreciate the opportunity to see what these will do. I have the Seedsman OH from Mr. Flower and some THH from Panicz, plus my SKOHLP. A lot of work to do in there.

Flower's Seedsman gear is his repro of Johnny's seedsman ohaze.
He is sharing the work with Johnny's blessing.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was gonna run the OH this time, after practicing with the OHSK, but this chance came up. I did an open pollenation on that Sativa run because I had only males from the OHLP, and now I have a shitload of seeds from that run. I want to donate them to ICMag. To smoke the dope I have to squeeze out a lot of seeds, like cheap Mexican dope in the early 70's. The oil get's on my fingers, instead of my lungs. I really hope to avoid seeds this time. I have 4 sprouts started, 2 are better than the others so far, and so let's hope for some girls.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I was gonna run the OH this time, after practicing with the OHSK, but this chance came up. I did an open pollenation on that Sativa run because I had only males from the OHLP, and now I have a shitload of seeds from that run. I want to donate them to ICMag. ...........

.......... and this is how it starts! :D

................... making seeds gets in your blood!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have improved the tent ventilation so only cool clean air will flow into the tent - it is coming from the adjacent tent via a connector tube and the first tent being force-fed the air.

DSC01558.JPG

In the nursery there are 4ea 87NL Haze sprouts up. Also 2ea slow SKOHLP and 2ea fast SKOHLP are up.

DSC01570.JPG these are the best 3 of the 87NL Haze

As for the SKOHLP, this one has some skinny-leaf traits.

DSC01572.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The biggest of these are ready to up-pot and move into the tent. The plants are currently still at 24/0 under a T6 and some little blue LEDs. Those 3 good healthy NL87 Haze in the back, and 3 of the SKOHLP (fast in the middle, slow on the sides in the front) will go into the 1 gallon pots. They then go under 18/6 lights. Maybe the runts will catch up. I did a poor job sprouting with what I had for medium at the time.

DSC01576.JPG

The current plan is to sex in 1 gallon pots, and cull males. Then move the females into bigger bags. We'll see.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The best 6 are in 1 gallon pots, and inoculated. Basking under 100 umoles of a Mars 4800e.

NLH are the 3 in back. One more NLH and a SKOHLP are still in the nursery.

DSC01578.JPG

Raho

Veteran
Hi FlyLow,
I am really enjoying this thread and check it every time I log in. Thanks for sharing your work!

The naming you are using "Haze NL 87" seems to suggest that the NL is old NL from 1987.
That is not correct.
It is Johnny's selected keeper male from an old batch of Doc Atomic NL.
He got some pretty spectacular plants from that run, and with his years of experience in amsterdam coffee shops during the golden era of Nevil's seedbank work, he would know good NL when he smoked it.

Johnny just calls it "NL" so I don't know what the "87" he wrote on the bag means.
Just thought you would want to know for accuracy sake about the description.

In the end, this is Johnny's NL Haze. The haze input having nothing to do with Nevil, and the NL parent being FAR removed from Nev's work.
These seeds are true F1's from a connoisseur breeder spending many years seeking to recapture the original magic of one of the most important hybrids of the last 30 years.

I would call it Johnny's NL Haze or JC NL Haze (and will when I run mine.)
Looking forward to seeing you finish these plants!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hi FlyLow,
I am really enjoying this thread and check it every time I log in. Thanks for sharing your work!

The naming you are using "Haze NL 87" seems to suggest that the NL is old NL from 1987.
That is not correct.
It is Johnny's selected keeper male from an old batch of Doc Atomic NL.
He got some pretty spectacular plants from that run, and with his years of experience in amsterdam coffee shops during the golden era of Nevil's seedbank work, he would know good NL when he smoked it.

Johnny just calls it "NL" so I don't know what the "87" he wrote on the bag means.
Just thought you would want to know for accuracy sake about the description.

In the end, this is Johnny's NL Haze. The haze input having nothing to do with Nevil, and the NL parent being FAR removed from Nev's work.
These seeds are true F1's from a connoisseur breeder spending many years seeking to recapture the original magic of one of the most important hybrids of the last 30 years.

I would call it Johnny's NL Haze or JC NL Haze (and will when I run mine.)
Looking forward to seeing you finish these plants!
Thanks for the history on these Raho. Pardon me if I avoid any of the Haze drama, it's just good dope to me.

The name written on the bag in post #1 is what I was going by, and it's all I know about these really, except Johnny wanted them run sooner than later. I intended to run the ICMag OH this time, but this deal came along and I had to jump on it. I am really stoked about this run. There were other bags with that one too, but they will have to wait.

These all had a rough start when sprouting them in the wrong stuff, but these 3 NLH seem to have a good foundation now. As for the name, NLH is on the tape labels, so let's go with that for now.

Let's hope the two biggest plants are ladies, but we'll see. I may flip them a little earlier to keep the growth down, or leave them in smaller pots, or both. I am assuming a big stretch ratio.

I cleaned-up and tuned-in the environment, the soil has been working well, new light... fingers crossed.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What does your controller control?

Light power, timing, sunset/rise, alarms. Does two channels independently. I am using the same controller for this tent with the Mars 4800 on one channel, and a ROI-e690 on the other channel, in the other tent.

Mine is a year and a half old, and doesn't have the fancy plug on the bottom left. It just has two 'phone jacks' and two plugs for the sensors. It will alarm and shut down on temp and humidity if that is set, separately for each channel.

All of this could be integrated as long as the components all use standard interfaces. Mars chose to adopt the standard that makes their lights controllable like the others. Smart move IMO.

I would love to have a common controller that did the temp and VPD, fans, lights, light height.

Since my tents are flowing nicely and are stable, I do not try to control the fans besides setting a fixed speed, using their own controllers. The height of the light is a real pain to adjust in a 4' x 4' tent. I think light height is needed to set leaf temp, after the air conditions are met with the fans and light power, and lung room conditions.

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Thanks for the history on these Raho. Pardon me if I avoid any of the Haze drama, it's just good dope to me.

The name written on the bag in post #1 is what I was going by, and it's all I know about these really, except Johnny wanted them run sooner than later. I intended to run the ICMag OH this time, but this deal came along and I had to jump on it. I am really stoked about this run. There were other bags with that one too, but they will have to wait.

These all had a rough start when sprouting them in the wrong stuff, but these 3 NLH seem to have a good foundation now. As for the name, NLH is on the tape labels, so let's go with that for now.

Let's hope the two biggest plants are ladies, but we'll see. I may flip them a little earlier to keep the growth down, or leave them in smaller pots, or both. I am assuming a big stretch ratio.

I cleaned-up and tuned-in the environment, the soil has been working well, new light... fingers crossed.
No drama here, just clarifying for accuracy. Johnny would want it that way. Nobody is gonna argue with me on that pedigree, I promise.
The fact that Johnny shared those seeds with you means you are his friend which means we are friends. Cool . . . I already liked you :cool:
:tiphat:

As far as M/F ratio, wouldn't be the first time that the males were the tallest plants in a group.
Nature made it that was so gravity would help the pollen fall down on the female flowers (below).
Not always the case, but just a caution in case you think culling before sexing might be OK.
Cheers!