What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #6 Haze NL 87 under Mars 4800e - with control!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Waking at 4am to turn on the lights in 18/6, isn't my stoner lifestyle cup of tea.

No idea why I was blessed with this opportunity, besides having a big mouth and a camera.

I may not cull any of them, and the midget that's in the nursery still, isn't being abandoned either. JohnnyChicago said he was getting 50% m/f ratio on these. I have different environmental conditions now than when those OHLP were ALL males. I'll probably take any males that I find outside to develop. The two tents are tied together with the ventilation, so no chances being taken.

If JohnnyChicago chimes in and says it's OK to make a few seeds, I may try. I have some slow SKOHLP seeds going out today that may end up in the Caribbean, via NYC.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The plants are hopefully making roots in there.

DSC01584.JPG

Two stragglers still in the nursery, Stretchy SKOHLP on the left, NLH midget on the right.:

DSC01585.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The two stragglers are being up-potted to 1 gal pots today. Maybe the soil in their cups is holding them back. One slow SKOHLP, another NLH, which makes 4 of those growing. The three in the center are the NLH, and so is the lower plant still i a cup. One of th fast SKOHLP is hurting - probably the soil was too hot. I put a humidifier in there to water them.

The ventilation in this tent is working so far with the passive blowing from the other tent.

Fast SKOHLP on the left, 4 each NLH in the middle, 2 each slow SKOHLP on the right. About 200 umoles, 18/6.

DSC01597.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They keep making roots, so I turn the light up the light power a little more (2% more), now at 225 umoles. 4 NLH in the center, SKOHLP on the right. The plants on the left are the fast SKOHLP.

DSC01599.JPG

I am seeing a little chlorosis deficiency on the NLH that the best SKOHLP isn't showing. I mixed up some feed including BAS 'Big 6' to top water, which has trace elements like Mn.

DSC01601.JPG
DSC01602.JPG
DSC01603.JPG

The SKOHLP is not showing it. Nice skinny leaves. I will add a little more cal-mag with Fe to their feed water. Any other suggestions?

DSC01604.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Put out traps for the gnats. Did another top water with some more nutrients to stop the chlorosis in the NLH. The NL seems to be the only variety affected. What causes chlorosis?

No idea yet how many plants will be in here come flower time, or how they will be potted.

DSC01605.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I can't get a handle on this leaf chlorosis, and top watering is making the flying bugs have a field day. The container of killer red mites seemed to have none crawling around, and the winged devils agree.

NLH:

DSC01613.JPG
DSC01614.JPG

SKOHLP:

DSC01615.JPG

Flying bastids:

DSC01616.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Damn winged devils. I don't think I had any live killer red mites in the batch I got. They should be everywhere.

I think what these plants want is fabric pots so the top of the soil can dry out. What size pot, and which plants stay in the tent? When to flip? So many decisions to be made. The one fast SKOHLP on the far left isn't gonna make it. Never recovered from the lousy starter mix I used. The NLH are really taking off, even beating my skinny leaf SKOHLP. Still 18/6, at about 275 umoles in the center.

DSC01617.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As the famous Captain kushgrower once said: 'Damn the winged bastids, full feed ahead!' I am tired of looking at the leaves look like crap, so I top-watered in some stuff that may help. Or kill them. We'll see.

The soil is staying wet even with dumping out the pot reservoirs. Damn plastic.

2 on the left are fast SKOHLP, with one not gonna make it. The 2 on the right are slow SKOHLP. The 4 in the middle are NLH. The smallest NLH had issues with the seed tail, but is recovering.

How long will the NLH need to flower? How much will it stretch? Is there a fast and slow pheno like the OHSK had?

How much longer should I go before I reduce the light hours? Still at 16/6.

DSC01619.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It may not be the best plan, but at least I have one. The lights are 15/7 today and will drop an hour a day until 12/12. I am going to cull the little SKOLP reject, and take the other fast SKOHLP (top left) and the smaller slow SKOHLP (bottom right) outside. Those 2 will be given away. The 4 NLH in the center, and the slow SKOHLP (top right) will be sexed. We'll see.

DSC01621.JPG

I gave them a good hit of cal-mag, and other goodies the other day, trying to fix the leaves. I think this light might be a little 'hot' for early veg, or I had bad starter soil in the dixie cups. The plants that will be kept have grown through those issues, I think.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So the NLH has 2 phenos judging by the leaves. Faster growing on the left, thicker leaves in the middle. The one slow SKOHLP I am keeping is on the right.

DSC01627.JPG

DSC01628.JPG

These two, a fast SKOHPL and a slow one, are going to a friend, and will probably be outside. That is until they smell, then he will get skaird and kill them. The cholorsis is bad. Slow on the left, fast on the right.

DSC01629.JPG

JohnnyChicago

@flylowgethigh Of course you can make seeds!
The chlorose should come from the NL. That indeed is an inbred Dr Atomic NL. The '87 stands for the date Dr Atomic did acquire his first NL seeds in Amsterdam. That is how the generation of seeds I have selected the male from is the best described. Therefore the '87.

And it's normal that the NL is more dominant, as it is more inbred than the Haze used in that cross. But they will still stretch a lot. More than other NL Hazes. The Haze mother always outgrows my tents. Therefore I think you can switch to 12/12.

Will document that NL one day. And Raho is right on the Seedsman OH too. That I have already reproduced years ago. The sharing of it, my way of preserving it and basically a 2nd huge repro. But of course I will need to make fresh seeds one day and reproduce the best of all the inbred lines.
But there is no hurry.

Plant on bottom left is looking interesting.
I hope you will enjoy the ride!

:plant grow:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Glad you could stop in Johnny. We'll see what sex they have. They are at 13 hours today and will be at 12 tomorrow.

Edit: I just realized this is one month from wetting the seeds.

I added a bunch of cal-mag and BAS 'Big 6' to a top-water feeding, and the chlorosis seems to have abided. Maybe the light was a little hot with red spectrum, as that is also new. Maybe they wanted more blue. I don't know... but they grew through it. These plants are not taking much water in those pots, so the roots are still developing I think.

The two healthy Skohlp plants have left and gone outside elsewhere. Here is the remaining line-up for sex selection. The two tall NLH on the left, the bushier two in the center. My lone slow SKOHLP on the right.

DSC01643.JPG

Lower-left tall plant:
DSC01644.JPG

Others:
DSC01646.JPG

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01648.JPG

And slow SKOHLP:

DSC01647.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
At this point it looks like two structures are showing wth the NLH. Tall and bushy. So I have named them T1 and T2, B1 and B2. Slow SKOHLP needs no introduction, skinny skraggly little bum.

At 12//12 today, 325 umoles. I can adjust the power in 1% increments, time to the minute.

Chlorosis is not fully overcome, yet.

DSC01651.JPG

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hey man nice setup! Glad to see the filtered air and controlled environment.

Super outstanding interesting genetics, I am definitely in for this show!

To get rid of the fungus gnats before they start, I mix in some microbe rich used soil to the seed mix. The microbes are established and multiply fast, they take care of the gnats in the soil. Once my soil gets going full boogie I will see maybe 3-4 gnats on the sticky trap throughout flower. Microbes from the win!

So you start the seedlings off on low light? I'm not up to date on vp whateves and umols thingys. I pop the seeds under full blast. Clones or plants started elsewhere have to be adjusted but if starting seed I like to give them all the light, like the sun outdoors when planting seed. Before LED I started seed under 1k's. Low light and seedlings on wet cool soil is a stunt event in my exp. I'll follow along and see what you do with the lights and learn some tech.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You'd be following a blind man Mr. Beans. I just figure the roots are not developed and so the plants can't take much light. Temp is another factor, because without many leaves to absorb the energy, the air gets hot. I ramp the power (thus umoles because the light height is at a fixed height in the early stage) up as the plant grows.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am trying to decide what to do here. My gut tells me to take the SKOHLP outside, and up-pot the 4 NLH plants in 10 gallon bags. There are definitely 2 phenos here, and it would be cool if there were 2 males and 2 females.

DSC01670.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts