What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rule's bio-bucket grow

R

rule35sub1

Hey Rellik. I am doing exactly that, letting water sit over night. I have a spot open for 1 for sure, maybe 2. I have an empty grow closet for the rest.

Rellikbuzz

Aside from the Blue Thunder, which I know you've wanted for a while now, you really need to pop an Apollo Mist in for sure! She is absolutely gorgeous in bloom and is probably going to out-yield any of the Blue Thunders. It looks that way at this point so far anyhow. This could definitely change before its all over though and I'm pulling for my Blue Thunder #1!!

R

rule35sub1

I now have 1 apollo mist that joined the party and we are waiting for some signs of sex on 3 of the plants. Any males will be replaced with a female cutting. I will post more pics soon.

G

high there Rule! I like you setup, I am going to set up my own bio buckets when I get back from the Cup next week. What was the deciding factor in going with the tubs instead of the pails? Just 1 600W light? I saw in BigToke's thread that his lights are vertically oriented. I am interested in that because I have a lot of vertical space and could do it I believe. The only problem would be keeping them cool, do you think a cool tube could be hung vertically? Do you have your floater/topoff hose connected to a water line as he does? Sorry to pepper ya with questions I just want to make sure I do it right :chin: Don't know much about your strains 'cept the Cough I've seen some peeps growing it in threads and it definitely looks sweet and sounds like a good high. Good luck with things I've gotcha bookmarked and am following along :canabis:

peace,
phat

R

rule35sub1

Hey 1/2 n 1/2. The plants are all different ages. some from seeds and some clones. i am doing a variety to see how well the bio buckets work with multiple strains.

PhatDaddy... I am using 1 400watt light at the moment and I will be adding a 2nd one in a week or two. I went with tubs cuz they were only $2 each, they are 5 gallon ones. I wish I would have gotten buckets tho. the roots have more vertical room vs. horizontal. The deeper the better IMO. I did not get my B&W poly film yet, so heat is not an issue right now. I will be keeping my res clear of the lights to keep temps low. The hoses are all 6 feet long which keeps the res from getting heated by the light. I also have 2 windows in the room which give good air flow. I live in an area of the country that is still getting cold weather too. Hope that helps you a bit.

R

rule35sub1

Some updated pics...

Some updated pics...

Strawberry Cough

Apollo Mist

Unknown Indica

Amnesia99

White Widow

Uknown Indica

R

rule35sub1

thanx for dropping by OH, hopefully you'll get to see a nicer grow than my last one, LOL
Getaway, i love them already.

still waiting to find out the sex of the widow and the indicas.

That's what i'm hoping to see rule :friends:
i wanna see some nice big buds coming outta this BB system for ya buddy , so please keep a tighter eye on your PH and nute mix this time out , and remember , when using new products , try using them at half strenth first and working your way up , better to be underfed for a week then burned for life :wink:

looking forward to seeing you & your plants progress on this one man.

Peace

:friends:

Rellikbuzz

The little Apollo Mist is looking good so far, bro! I see what looks like a bit of tip burn though. Just be careful of PPM's until they really get established. I haven't had much problem with the AM taking the nutes so far. Seem pretty tolerant. The Blue Thunders on the other hand seem a bit more particular. I have been running my nutes level at the "moderately light" setting on AN's nutrient calculator. Even at these lower levels, I have gotten a bit of tip burn from time to time. I am using a ferted soil mix though so the nutrient levels may be higher than I think.

All in all, it looks really good to this point, Rule! I'm standing by seeing how your new babies do in this high performance rig! Oh, by the way, thanks for the props you gave to Organic Hydro on my behalf! Looks like everything has worked out nicely there thanks to you, my brotha!! :yes: Talk with you soon!

R

rule35sub1

i promise to watch the ph very carefully, which i was doing except for the few weeks when i didn't have a meter cuz it was broken. the apollo mist has a little nute burn cuz it is a couple of weeks behind the others, she is doing fine though. still waiting to see the sex of the widow and the indicas, nothing yet...

i thought with all the good bacteria in the bio system you could push the limits a bit, maybe not.

R

rule35sub1

geesh rellik...
that's the last time i ask for an update on your thread. leave me alone man!
LOL just kidding with you bro. i will post some new pics as soon as i can.

white widow is starting to show sex, too early to tell yet.
indicas still not showing.

Rellikbuzz

Just like you, I'm makin' sure you aren't sleeping on the job!! :wave: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Tell you what! I'll post pics on my thread tomorrow if you will!! :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts