What's new

RSC seeds

Farma

I'm not really into all the fancy nutes around these days either, I have a team that make mine, their supervisors name is Khan

picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
Horse shite is also really good - it lightens the soil

whereas cow shite can make it heavier

Cannabis likes light friable soil --- "sandy loams" are what it has evolved to grow on

Cloneman

Veteran
That's a definite no.

Fridges can be very humid, with condensation on the insides etc. That in turn can host pathogens.

exactly!

I keep mine in sealed bags in a sealed container with a desiccant in there just in case.

I like to wear 2 belts and braces as well

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Checked the fridge with 2 hygrometers. 30, so quite dry. Not trying to argue but the seeds were duds, I know for a fact. Had duds from Snow as well. Several strains, mostly freebies, have been duds.

Not sure how it happens but it does. RSC took care of me though. Not gonna bother Snow as he has health problems. I too keep the seeds in pretty much dry or air tight conditions. At minimum I keep them in freezer bags. Vials, all kinds of containers. I live in socal so dry is how it is most of the time. Rain tonight, just in time for this thread. hehe

troutman

Seed Whore
Seeds that come in microcentrifuge tubes will also stay drier if they are not opened until you germinate them. :tiphat:

Sign

Something happened on this run. The plant never stacked on bud. I let it go until mold started to set in wondering if it would ever stack. I don't have enough experience growing to diagnose the problem that occurred.

The clones were from flowering branches that had sat under an LED for a couple months or more, it had revegged and both of them had grown almost a foot before being re potted and put into the flowering tent. I never did trim off all the old flowering growth at the base of the plant maybe that was the culprit.

I waited forever for new flowers to stack but it remained sparse and spindly. Once the mold started getting bad I went over my weekly pictures to see if any bulking took place and it never did. Just the first initial flush of flowers then they ripened and that was that. The original plant had massive stacking, I don't know what I did wrong.

The smoke from what I did get is ridiculously good though so it's a total success in that department but where the original yielded huge after removing moldy buds it just filled a little bag.

Does anyone know what my mistake was? I've run clones from flowering branches before without removing all the old growth so I'm not convinced that is where my problem arose from.

But yeah it just never bulked up.

Ok, so here are the clones. Trich coverage is everywhere. Stalk is covered, fan leaves are covered on the front, back and all over stems, flowers are just starting to stack. If they grow as fat as the cmh grew them it'll be pretty epic I think. Anyway here are the pics. I've seen way frostier on pics from pro growers with special cuts. I'm no pro and this is a landrace random pop, but with that caveat aside I have to say I'm really happy with this cut. I'll try to remember to post the pre chop pic, these are still scraggly and they are not a fast finisher. I'd rather it be fast too but just having yield and potency is fine, I just grow for myself.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Thanks for all you did in making these genetics available. I'm a huge fan.

Smokin1

I have grown an old Afghani based strain for 20 yrs. Old buds will certainly make mold. Absolutely no doubt. I have even gone so far as to remove the calyxes from the first preflowers that show up, as I've noticed they are the first ones to Brown up and are often the source of any mold problems later. Also husks from any early seeds I make will mold. I should let you know that this is outdoors, and I live in a humid climate . Perhaps the plant just never went into veg long enough? Maybe you need to let veg a month or two to send them a clear message that they are growing and not flowering, so the onset of flowering will be more forceful so to speak. Doesn't sound like your plant ever really got the message that it was supposed to be growing before it was supposed to be flowering if that makes any sense. Good luck

Smokin1

Or maybe take cuttings off of your revegged plant and root those and let them grow before you start flowering next time.