What's new

RSC seeds

Farma

After a shitty start to the season with losing a few orders in the mail, and the Malawi gold seeds (Which seemed impossible to find) that finally got through had terrible germination to say the least, I found some Malawi gold seeds on RSC, thought I pretty much couldn't lose out worse than before so put an order in.

No fuss, no emails back and forth, just a parcel that arrived a lot sooner than I expected.
The other places sent me a few bonus seeds which was nice, RSC sent me a batch of bonus stuff, unfortunately my mate had a bad start also, so I gave him the majority of my bonus packs, he said 100% germination though and he's happy.
I kept 5 friesland indica but the F#$^&* bower birds hammered them the day they popped up, I did like the sound of them too.

But 20/21 are up from my Malawi gold seeds! I scratched the top off the dud one and it's sprouting, just lagging behind.

Wish I found these guys sooner

picture.php

AbuKeif

The Real Seed Company is a gem, totally. Responsive, swift, drama-free, and offering things that are truly unique. Only trouble is that they're always getting new accessions, I find myself wanting all of their stuff, and now my wallet hurt$ constantly...

Sign

I likewise had a great experience with them, mine with the mazar. I had all germinate, only 1 male but he bred the girls like a champ. I ran some of the next gen and found a girl that is actually too potent. She's also too big. I ended up cloning her and if I go 12 12 from 5" clone they don't overgrow the 4x4x7 tent. Stems and fan leaves covered in trichomes also.

I take a little half hit and I'm good.

If I smoke too much I have a hard time moving, yet it feels like an upper... But i can't move so I keep it to the small hits. Yield and potency (for me) are through the roof, takes a long time to flower though.

I've thought about getting seeds for other types but I made thousands of seeds from that first crossing and I kind of want to explore them. Also I used the male to pollinate a super lemon haze and want to check those out also. And I want to auto this female. All the things I want to do and only so much time.

I did want to try that Malawi though. Sigh one day maybe.

Farma

I was chasing the Malawi gold as it's similar to an old strain I used to grow, I figured it should grow well here.
I ended up getting some PCK as well because I liked the pretty pictures, they all seem fairly fucked up from the get go, twisted growth, small and started heading at only a foot or two tall, kind of cool for a novelty but I don't think I'll continue on with them.
I also got some maple leaf indica, if I'd found the real seed company earlier I probably would have gone with their mazar, was after a large indica and a large african sativa.
I'm not disappointed in the maple leaf though, not a fantastic germination but I have enough to continue on with, and they seem to be growing well with such a late start.
If they don't turn out like expected maybe I'll give their mazar a go.

ngakpa

Veteran
great to see all these reports of high germination and the positive feedback, thanks!

ngakpa

Veteran
I ran some of the next gen and found a girl that is actually too potent. She's also too big. I ended up cloning her and if I go 12 12 from 5" clone they don't overgrow the 4x4x7 tent. Stems and fan leaves covered in trichomes also.

I take a little half hit and I'm good.

amazing what a little bit of exploration can discover!

very interested to see more about this - do you have photos?

Sign

I can get some pictures of the immature clones tonight during lights on if you'd like. I have 2 going right now and they are only around 40 days or so, or about halfway done. Err actually I have a pic of the last run about a week or 2 before harvest I think. I'm going to look for that, the clones going now haven't yet begun to bulk up but if that's what you'd wanted let me know and I'll take some tonight when lights come on.

Sign

I had these on my phone. It's 1 plant that kept growing into the light. It went a couple weeks or so longer after these 2 pics were taken. If you want to see the half grown current 2 let me know and I'll upload tonight.

Colas are pretty thick, arm/lower leg or so in diameter. It had been broken and tied down many times to keep it out of the light with some success but it was stretching so much and so fast if I didn't get to it for a couple days or was right back up in the light. Current run is much more manageable so far.

Lower cola without light burn
picture.php

Main pic of the plant, tip burned and that's why it's looking like that.
picture.php

Sign

I'm not seeing the same trichome formation on these pics, perhaps it's the led I'm using now. I'll get some pics of the current iteration tonight to show those off.

Sign

Ok, so here are the clones. Trich coverage is everywhere. Stalk is covered, fan leaves are covered on the front, back and all over stems, flowers are just starting to stack. If they grow as fat as the cmh grew them it'll be pretty epic I think. Anyway here are the pics. I've seen way frostier on pics from pro growers with special cuts. I'm no pro and this is a landrace random pop, but with that caveat aside I have to say I'm really happy with this cut. I'll try to remember to post the pre chop pic, these are still scraggly and they are not a fast finisher. I'd rather it be fast too but just having yield and potency is fine, I just grow for myself.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for all you did in making these genetics available. I'm a huge fan.

AbuKeif

I've thought about getting seeds for other types but I made thousands of seeds from that first crossing and I kind of want to explore them. Also I used the male to pollinate a super lemon haze and want to check those out also. And I want to auto this female. All the things I want to do and only so much time.

Oh man, I hear you--I've got hundreds of seeds left from doing an open pollination of just four Highland Thai plants, which should provide enough diversity for the rest of my days. Still hasn't stopped me from getting half a dozen other RSC offerings, though. I have dreams of getting some other like-minded neighbors together and growing a bunch of their Himalayan and Central Asian lines outdoors, selecting for what does best in our climate... New England Hindu Kush landrace, anyone?:dance013:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had trouble with several RSC strains not germinating. Only got the Kerala to pop. Contacted RSC about it and got quite a few replacements. So not happy with the seeds not popping, but responsive and quick to send me new strains mostly, that hopefully will pop.

Hope the Mango Thai is trippy. I think I do know how to germinate after 10 years at it and keep the seeds in the fridge. I assume Angus keeps his stock in a fridge, so somehow the landrace seeds are prone to going bad quick I guess. I think a good type seed would last 10 years in a fridge easy.

ngakpa

Veteran
Had trouble with several RSC strains not germinating. Only got the Kerala to pop. Contacted RSC about it and got quite a few replacements. So not happy with the seeds not popping, but responsive and quick to send me new strains mostly, that hopefully will pop.

Hope the Mango Thai is trippy. I think I do know how to germinate after 10 years at it and keep the seeds in the fridge. I assume Angus keeps his stock in a fridge, so somehow the landrace seeds are prone to going bad quick I guess. I think a good type seed would last 10 years in a fridge easy.

hi

to be fair - there are 101 reasons why seeds might not pop, many of which are not to do with inherent problems with the seeds

for example ---- since we've had the Malawi, I had two people say they got none of the Malawi to pop, yet if you look in the first post in this thread you will see 20/20 popped... and those are the types of rates people are reporting and we got on retesting them, i.e. around 100%

the same point applies to the other strains you mentioned

if I know a strain is showing less than 80%, it comes off the site --- unless it's something really special, in which case I mention it in the strain description

other thing to note:

keeping seeds dry is as important, if not more important, than keeping them in a fridge... and yes, we keep our seeds in a very dry fridge

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I think most any fridge is dry though? I got 4 different seed strains recently from another vendor. One of them all popped. The others were a problem, but most produced plants. One strain failed all 5 seeds. I had them only a month I guess before germinating.

I treated them the same. Used a seed cracker too. Almost sterile conditions, distilled water, 80 degrees F. So I know something is happening with certain lots of seeds.

Not complaining here at all, very satisfied. I knew going in the various strains were getting long in the tooth so to speak, when I bought them.

Farma

All my Malawi popped, all the Friesland popped, the Johaar and Kumaoni I gave to my mate all popped as well, no special treatment really we just put them in the dirt and poor water over them.
We are on river water not that townie rubbish though.
Only thing I was bummed about was the Manipuri wasn't in stock, but you can't win em all I guess.

ngakpa

Veteran
we just put them in the dirt and poor water over them

yep

that's all landraces should need - they've evolved for it over hundreds and thousands of generations

not aiming this at anyone, but I suspect some people are germinating seeds in compost that's way too rich... especally if it's been reused

other thing to note though - some of the recent ruderal accessions may be trickier, and I need to update their strain descriptions so people are aware of that

Latest posts

Latest posts