What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC Malawi Gold

Riamba

Nice plants... I still remember when Afropips seed company was working. Most of the strains were vigorous but the aromas or potency weren't impressive, especially the pure strains. We used to love the Malberry and Mabombe though, great taste and sativa high, good potency as well.

I'm surprised that RSC is also selling now knock-off seeds from other companies like the Malawi, Deep Chunk, X18 and so on. Nirvana used to do that in the early 2000s, offering f2 from the popular and expensive strains for like 16€ each package. For many of us, was a great chance to obtain renowned starins like Jack Herer, Ak47 or Bubblegum for a reduced price but the results varied a lot as well.

troutman

Seed Whore
Anyone have a hint as to how to get Malawi actually into flower? I had to grow indoors this year (overgrown tree in backyard). I planted in late May and they are still vegging. Should I cut back the light to 12/12? At this rate I don't see them finishing until after December.

Any previous growers?

If you have over 13 hours of light they'll never finish on time before the cold weather hits.

Asio otus

Hola a todos.
¡Perdón por mi inglés!
Crecí 5 malawi gold de rsc. Solo 4 fueron germinadas. 1 macho y 3 hembras (perfecto para mí) las hembras 1 y 2 huelen a pintura, pero 3 huelen y saben a maracuyá (extremadamente ácido y dulce) decidió trabajar esta línea y tratar de estabilizar esto
very happy whith this strain. Thanks trsc

Asio otus

Hola lebanizador. El subidón era bueno, pero mejorable. Esto se debe a que el propósito era obtener semillas. Crecí en invernadero, en invierno y en zona mediterránea. Esta temporada el objetivo es cultivarla en verano y without males.

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_172232.jpg
    IMG_20211130_172232.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20220107_095935.jpg
    IMG_20220107_095935.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20211115_161302.jpg
    IMG_20211115_161302.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 134

PlasmaTube

Bump

Anyone pop anymore Malawi Gold from RSC...or directly from Afropips Old stock? Im waiting on half a pack to break soil. If all is well I may do the rest I have for a full out run. TRSC, that is.

rolandomota

Veteran
I heard it was some potential for strong plants in these seeds I heard it here but who knows I'm still skeptical that's just how I roll

Prs2xs

I grew out the original afropips that was ordered from him directly, about 10-15 yrs ago-I let it go 13 wks approximately, and had to take them down for various reasons. They could have gone for a few more weeks to be finished, but the smoke was a 6 or 7/10 for potency, sort of a muddy high, didn't really like the buzz as much as other strains. My wife liked it, though.
The first time I grew it, it had a very peppery flavour, second time it was just bland- not sure why there was a difference, was using the same substrate and nutes.
Overall, there are probably some keepers if you search for them, but I think it is a crap shoot, as it is when growing any landrace type (unless you can get seed from someone who has found a good one and worked with it)
Just my opinion, for what it's worth!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting Prs2xs, I have not heard that about this strain before. Muddy and not potent. I popped a few here and will know in a few months time. Finally got around to them. RSC stock.

What I had read of this strain was it being very potent and maybe trippy. Pepper is something that rings a bell for me, as I have had trippy strains with pepper being strong in the taste.

Prs2xs

Interesting Prs2xs, I have not heard that about this strain before. Muddy and not potent. I popped a few here and will know in a few months time. Finally got around to them. RSC stock.

What I had read of this strain was it being very potent and maybe trippy. Pepper is something that rings a bell for me, as I have had trippy strains with pepper being strong in the taste.
Sorry, I have been away at work - I guess I should clarify "muddy" as being a rather flat, one dimensional buzz-not uplifting or psychedelic, it might just be me, but I prefer pot that changes my perspective, gets you really high, while remaining functional. I reckon that this strain may have had much more power if it grew for another 3 or 4 weeks, but that may have made it have more tendency towards causing lethargy. The original description said it causes a warm glow from thcv, but I did not find this at all

Marcus67

I think the key is to finish using high UV light, similar what you would get in the tropics. My old Malawi x Cindy 99 from afropips produced a great psychedelic high finished under a metal halid light.

Brother Nature

I had a pack of these a few years ago, tried to run 6 indoors in coco, didn't turn out well. But, I put the other 6 outside and of those there was one killer looking female. I was living with others at the time and had to move so left that plant with them. They abused the shit out of it, pulled off most of the fan leaves, believing it would 'make more buds', but they harvested it much later than other things we'd run down here. They didn't get the greatest yield or looking buds, but when you smoked it.... wow. Not psychedelic or speedy, but gave you this great social stoner energy, talking shit with mates for hours, staring off into the distance and pondering life, going for a long solo ride on your motorcycle, it was that kind of bud. I loved it, wish I kept her...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ They might have left it too long, explaining no trip or racy feelings. For me it would be too long but for others just right.

Not sure about finishing in uv light. I tried it and did not notice a change, but I would say for sure that finishing in strong light is best. This is how they do it with light dep here in cali. Harvest in the middle of summer for more strength, terpenes and all that.

I use 6500K light from beginning to end of flower. In Africa they get high Kelvin or blue light all year and intense as well. All the places these intense and trippy lines come from have similar light, strong and not yellow or reddish. Or blurple.

Last edited: