What's new

RSC Chitrali

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey,

I see that early morning, and been a bit stun!

A pure landrace from chitral region! (RSC)

Passionate, enthusiasm, pollen chucker! All feel free to (eventually) documented that another rare landrace!

Here the description.

Region: Hindu Kush

Strain: Chitrali

Genetics: Pure Chitrali Hindu Kush Charas Plant
Latitude: 35°N
Regional Harvest: October - early November
Height: 1m - 4m in natural outdoor environment in Upper Chitral
Yield: 1kg or more of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Aroma: hashy, tangy, citrus
Characteristics: warm, centred high; good resin
Traditional Purpose: charas (hashish) production (sieved/sifted)
Grow Type: greenhouse or outdoors; indoors requires experience

:huggg:

Last edited:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Thanks hazeoil!

The description have been a bit more updated, so!

Region: Hindu Kush
Strain: Chitrali

Genetics: Pure Chitrali Hindu Kush Charas Plant
Latitude: 35°N
Regional Harvest: October - early November
Height: 1m - 4m in natural outdoor environment in Upper Chitral
Yield: 1kg or more of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Aroma: hashy, tangy, citrus
Characteristics: warm, centred high; good resin; dense buds
Traditional Purpose: charas (hashish) production (sieved/sifted)
Grow Type: greenhouse or outdoors; indoors requires experience

A rare, pure Hindu Kush strain from Upper Chitral, sourced in one of the most renowned charas producing valleys in the high Hindu Kush.

These plants can vary in height from one metre to over three metres, depending on conditions and the particular plant. Buds are typically quite dense and resinous, with strong, tangy 'Kush' aromas. Phenotypes range from 'indica' to more 'sativa' expressions.

Upper Chitral was once one of the biggest charas regions in the entire Hindu Kush, including Afghanistan. This ended when a government crackdown begin in the 70s and 80s. Due to police pressure for many years there has been little commercial growing here, with most cultivation in Chitral now reduced to garden plots and small fields for personal use. There is a genuine need to preserve this strain.

CannaZen

definitely! i would love to get my hands on some of these :) any idea when they will be released?

H

HazeOil

they just put the mazar up again :biggrin:

Strain: Mazar-i-Sharif
Genetics: Pure North Afghan Charas Cultivar
Latitude: 36°N
Regional Maturation: October to November
Height: 2 - 4 meters in natural outdoor environment in Mazar-i-Sharif.
Yield: 1kg to 2kg of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Characteristics: potent wide leaved "giant indica" with big resin production and massive yields
Grow Type: Outdoor, Greenhouse, or Indoor

Please Note: these are seeds made from a limited number of plants in a grow outside Afghanistan. More details will be provided at a later date.

This is the genuine Mazar-i-Sharif strain grown by farmers in Afghanistan. The Mazari or Balkhi strain originates in the Balkh region of Northern Afghanistan, near to modern day Uzbekistan. This is a very large potentially very high yielding strain, which displays both 'sativa' and 'indica' characteristics. Plants can grow to over 4 metres.

The Mazari strain yields the legendary 'Shirak-i-Mazar' or 'Milk of Mazar' charas, arguably the world's finest oldschool hashish.

wumpyc

grew her last year and will order some more incredible hash plant at 43' with almost no mold both smell taste + yield is outstanding go for her and let me know how she goes for you
peace :tiphat:

thejact55

Has anyone grown this Chitrali yet?
Looking for pics and info please~

Probably won't see much for next few months. I will be starting mine in April for the outdoor season. Brand new offerings, I'm hoping to see some pics as much as you are, but doubt we will for a minute. Good luck if you pop these beans.

Hi ICmaggers, wont know where U live.. just know if RSC shipping really arrived to you..

I am in Italy.. and would get a pack of Chitrali from them..but would not be scammed.. so I am asking

green vibes :tiphat:

provolo

Veteran
Hi ICmaggers, wont know where U live.. just know if RSC shipping really arrived to you..

I am in Italy.. and would get a pack of Chitrali from them..but would not be scammed.. so I am asking

i have ordered RSC Chitrali seeds directly on the site of RSC after a week after the ship i have my Chitrali seeds.:biggrin:

thejact55

Cime: RSC is legit. Don't be nervous. You can get them on seedsman too.

I popped nine Chitrali seeds a week or so back. All 9 popped and are growing well. I haven't seen any germination issues. So far so good.

thejact55

Showing my Chitrali, among others. I popped 9 Chitrali, 9 Lebanese (both RSC), and 8 of Ace's Paki Kush. 100 percent germination on all strains. The grow tent, from front of tent to back- 1st two rows are lebanese, second row and any white backs behind this row are Chitrali, and the Ace Paki's are in the back in the black bags.
The second pic is starting from the left, Ace Paki, RSC Chitrali, and RSC Lebanese.

Aces Paki's have the shortest widest leaves, and are the tallest on average, barely. The Chitrali have pretty stubby leaves, but not as much as Aces. The are almost as tall as the Pakis by Ace, on Average, although 2 of them are fairly short and dense. The lebanese are all very short and dense. Many tight nodes. Their leaves are a little more elongated.
I have culled on Chitrali and one Ace Paki due to deformity and lack of vigour. I think I might toss one other Ace. All others are good, 23 healthy plants from 26 seeds ain't bad, given the nature of where these seeds came from.

thejact55

Here are my Chitrali ladies two months later.
Shorter outdoor one. think it will be the better yeilder
Taller outdoor one, that is shooting pink pistils!

Indoor seed batch. 2 of 3 plants are harvested. Three different heights and smells for each. Shorter one smells fumey, kind of like diesel. Medium height one has a sweet resin smell. Tallest one is complex, I have pinned it down to a herbal minty/pine/fresh oranges smell.

Attachments

• 20160613_194653.jpg
    20160613_194653.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20160613_194704.jpg
    20160613_194704.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20160612_141034.jpg
    20160612_141034.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160612_141042.jpg
    20160612_141042.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160612_141024.jpg
    20160612_141024.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160612_141101.jpg
    20160612_141101.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160613_194848.jpg
    20160613_194848.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160621_182402.jpg
    20160621_182402.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 42

Sivas

My chitrali so far

My chitrali so far

I first pre soaked 12 seeds (1package) for 24h, then planted directly
into soil, got 100% germination rate. One got eaten by snails (?)
Out of 11 remaining I have pulled 4 with deformations (see pictures)
and the smallest plant. Out of the 6plant remaining 3 grow very vigorous 1 vigorous and 2 slow. Now I am waiting for the males to show up, my guess is 4:2 for the boys, not much luck this year.
My questions:
Would You pull the deformities?(and no, they were 100%not caused by snails althougt they got their share )or should they remain a part of the landrace, maybe they wont show up at the the later stages of the plants life? (Just want to make shure I did the right thing)
Is it worth to do a open polination with 4 males and 2females?What about the resulting diversity?

picture.php
picture.php

corky1968

Veteran

I've ordered there many times and never had any problems.

BTW: I'm also interested in this RSC Chitrali (Hindu Kush) plant.

Seems like a good one to make water hashish with.

Sivas, if the deformities are caused by a pest it won't affect the
genetics of the resulting seeds I think. If you can treat them with
some organic pesticide to protect them and the new leaves will be
alright. By the time your plants are mature all of the leaves you see
now will have probably fallen off the plants and they won't matter.
So don't give up now. As for diversity you can always buy more
seeds later on and increase your families. Just keep each female's
seeds you make in separate containers and label them.

Latest posts

Latest posts