What's new

Round 2 White Widow...Blue Widow

MAD DAWG

This *EDIT* Pineapple Chunk is growing terribly slow. I started germinating on July 26th and planted on July 29th. It's been 11 days since it was planted and this is all the more it's grown. Same soil and conditions as my others. I have another Pineapple Chunk and if it does the same thing it will be the last time I buy that strain. It's just taking way too long. I think it may be one of *EDIT* newest strains? Maybe that has something to do with it. Or perhaps maybe it's just this seed? Guess I will find out once I germinate the other Pineapple Chunk.

Attachments

• pineapple chunk.jpg
    pineapple chunk.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10
  • pineapple chunk_2.jpg
    pineapple chunk_2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey bro i hope your pineapple chunk start grow more...you no also me last week when i by seed i want take this pineapple c. from *EDIT* because they tell about this many beautifull thing, like 600 gr / m2 ...very fruit smell and full power stone but after i decide to take 10 female seed "red cherry berry" from *EDIT* and i put 24 h in a glass of water and then put in grodan cube 4x4 cm for germinate ..this 7 july saturday and today 10 july in the morning i have 9 seed out side from grodan..good only one i miss, i hope your pineapple chunk start veg. fast!!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

on star

have you tried to control the stretch by twisting the stock and branches in between branches and bud sites on the branches? this works well! in the veg stage start this treatment and continue through flowering until you have well form buds then stop about the 5 week, it will promote more and thicker buds as well as keep them shorter, we used to put them in to flower at 6 - 8 inches now they go in at about 18 - 20 inches and finish at 30 - 36 inches, this is called super cropping! somewhere there is a thread about! try it you might like what it does.
peace

MAD DAWG

have you tried to control the stretch by twisting the stock and branches in between branches and bud sites on the branches? this works well! in the veg stage start this treatment and continue through flowering until you have well form buds then stop about the 5 week, it will promote more and thicker buds as well as keep them shorter, we used to put them in to flower at 6 - 8 inches now they go in at about 18 - 20 inches and finish at 30 - 36 inches, this is called super cropping! somewhere there is a thread about! try it you might like what it does.
peace

Yeah man I have read about super cropping. It's something I may try in the future but for now I'm happy letting them grow naturally until I get better growing skills.

Thanks for the advice man.

MAD DAWG

Going on 2 weeks of 12/12. One WW looks quite different from the other WW. Guess it's the pheno. Leaves are a little darker and quite bigger than the other. The Blue Widow is looking great. It hasn't stretched nearly as much as the WW's. So unfortunately it's not going to yield what I would have liked. If I grow more BW I will remember that. And between the three it smells the best so far. It's given off a good smell right through veg up to present day. That's my first DNA and so far I'm very satisfied with it. I just should have vegged it a little longer but I didn't know that it wouldn't stretch as much as the others.

Also transplanted the Pineapple Chunk yesterday. Still growing very slowly but it is making some progress. I was surprised to see the root growth considering how small it is. It may have been starting to become root bound too. A couple of the leaves have some yellowing which is what made me check. I would have never thought as small as it is that that would be the case. I don't think it's PH because I haven't had an issue with PH with the others. But I know different strains can react differently. I'll see how it does since I transplanted it. It's been vegging about 2 weeks.

Here is the White Widows.

Attachments

• WW_1a.jpg
    WW_1a.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 12
  • WW_2a.jpg
    WW_2a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WW_2b.jpg
    WW_2b.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 10

MAD DAWG

The first two pics are the Blue Widow. The other two pics are the Pineapple Chunk.

Attachments

• PC_2.jpg
    PC_2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PC_!.jpg
    PC_!.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 15
  • BW_1b.jpg
    BW_1b.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 14
  • BW_1a.jpg
    BW_1a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 11

MAD DAWG

Been a few days since I have updated. They have been in 12/12 for almost 3 weeks. Flower for a little over 1 week. One White Widow is showing some kind of deficiency I think. Little spots that are turning brown. All three where transplanted at the same time and have been given one feeding of 10ml Bio Thrive Bloom, 2.5ml of Bio Bud, 5ml of CaMg+ and 15ml of molasses. This problem is only showing on the one one White Widow. I have no idea what it could be or what it's from as it's only affecting the one. Yet they all three received the same amount at the same time. And the lower leaves are showing a N deficiency sooner than they should be if you ask me. The other two look just fine as far as N goes. No yellowing of the leaves yet. So I'm not sure if it's going to make it.

The Pineapple Chunk has been vegging for about 3 weeks. It's moving along at a snails pace but looks like it might be starting to grow a little faster. That's the one I'm really wanting to try. So hopefully it will make it to harvest.

Here are the latest pics. These two are the White Widow that is having the problem.

Attachments

• WW_2a.jpg
    WW_2a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
  • WW_2b.jpg
    WW_2b.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13

MAD DAWG

These are the other White Widow.

Attachments

• WW_1d.jpg
    WW_1d.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
  • WW_1c.jpg
    WW_1c.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WW_1b.jpg
    WW_1b.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • WW_1a.jpg
    WW_1a.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
nice one!

nice one!

mad dawg, you are going to love the blue widow! she stretched a lot and spacing between bud sites was not ideal, but she is just so tasty with a solid euphoric high. nugs are really dense and covered in trichs. wish i had some pics of her in flower from winter. she turned a gorgeous deep blue. it was unreal. looking forward to running her in winter.

MAD DAWG

mad dawg, you are going to love the blue widow! she stretched a lot and spacing between bud sites was not ideal, but she is just so tasty with a solid euphoric high. nugs are really dense and covered in trichs. wish i had some pics of her in flower from winter. she turned a gorgeous deep blue. it was unreal. looking forward to running her in winter.

Thanks bro for the info on the Blue Widow. Yeah man I am looking forward to giving it a try. A lot of the lower stems and bud sites have grown right up to just below the top of the plant. I really like the way it looks. As for the stretch the White Widows have stretched quite a bit more than the Blue Widow. I'm actually amazed that the Blue Widow has stayed pretty compact and bushy. But between the three I am looking forward to it the most. Only because I had White Widow my last grow. Although these are looking like they might turn out better than the first one I did.

Thanks for stopping in bro. Peace.

MAD DAWG

Looking good maddog...
i love the widow myself..nice smoke..

do you check ur runoff for ph levels?

Thanks man. Yeah I check it but not like I did the first grow. Using organic nutes you don't have to be so particular about PH as you do when using synthetic's. They all have gotten the same water, soil, nutes, everything. I'm not totally ruling out PH but I would think the others would be showing the same signs if it was a PH issue. But I could be wrong I guess. The last time I checked the runoff it was around 6.2 or 6.1. It looked fine until I fed it flower nutes. The next day it started showing those signs. The others got the same nutes and amount. I thought at first it may be my nutes as they are about 4 or 5 months old. I was told that organic nutes can start to go bad around that time frame. But then that brings me back to the others not being affected like the one. So IDK. Next time I water/feed in a few days I will check and adjust the PH of it and see if that helps.

Thanks for stopping by bro.

MAD DAWG

also, would definitely super crop or scrog as she's not much of a yielder. hope you took some cuts :)

Can you super crop after going into flower? No I didn't take any cuttings as I don't have the space really to do that. I really only have one room for both veg and flower. I had to make an exception for my Pineapple Chunk. But it wouldn't be feasible for me to start cuttings. If it turns out to be as good as you say, next time I will get more than just one.

just saw your bw pic, looks like a different pheno than mine but i guess we shall see. i am psyched to see how yours matures in the coming weeks!

i usually supercrop while they are just preflowering. yours look pretty far ahead though. i think you could increase light penetration, coverage and yield by bending over the main stalk by tying it down (paper clip clipped to your container and simple string - lst). supercropping now might slow growth as the plant focusing on repair instead of flowers. if you're new to it, just try it on one plant and observe. since bud sites aren't that large with the widow, i've always found that bushing out the plant via training (super cropping or lst) creates more bud sites and an overall better yield because the entire plant receives a more uniform intensity of light.

ive been lurking for a couple years...lol
i have a journal at another site.. but been trying to spend lil more time here latly..
spots generally are a ph or calmag issue...ime...

MAD DAWG

ive been lurking for a couple years...lol
i have a journal at another site.. but been trying to spend lil more time here latly..
spots generally are a ph or calmag issue...ime...

Hey Budslinger. I too am on another site. I think we are on the same one. Anyway yeah I thought it may be a cal/mag issue. But now I'm not so sure. The spots at first were a light green or yellow and they are mostly confined to the big fan leaves. Now the spots are turning brown. And the bottom leaves are turning yellow like a lack of N. I know it's normal during flower but this is too soon for that to be happening. You very well may be right about it being PH. It's not happening to the others though. That's why I really didn't think it was PH. Conditions, water/feed, soil, everything is the same. And my PH last time I checked it which was about a week ago was around a 6.1 or 6.2. Don't seem like it's bad enough to cause this but maybe it is. Next water will be a feeding so I will PH that feeding for that plant only. I would do it tomorrow but I just watered yesterday so the soil is pretty wet still. I don't want an over watering issue or root rot so I guess I will just wait till it's time to water/feed.

Thanks for stopping by dude. I appreciate your opinion.

MAD DAWG

Well just a little update. Plants are coming along just fine. Except for my one sickly white widow. She's dropping her fan leaves as they turn yellow. Looks like a nitrogen problem but I don't know. I watered and fed yesterday, checked the PH, and it was 6.4. So I don't think it's a PH problem. The PH of the other two was 6.3 and 6.4. I am getting a strange stink. Kind of like rotting eggs maybe? I just know it's not the best stinky smell if you can understand what I'm trying to say. The other white widow is looking good so far. It's starting to get crystals on the leaves. And the blue widow is really looking good. It looks the best out of the three. None of the hairs have started to turn color yet on any of the plants but I know it's not too far behind. And the pineapple chunk is coming along better now. Still growing slow but it's looking healthy. Still has a little ways to grow before I put it into 12/12. First time I fed with the Humbolt Bloom and Deuce Deuce. Man was that stuff thick. I don't know if I got it shook or mixed up enough. I just know it was/is really thick. Much more than GO line.

Here are the most recent pics.

Blue Widow

Attachments

• BW_3.jpg
    BW_3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • BW_5.jpg
    BW_5.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 9
  • BW_6.jpg
    BW_6.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14