What's new

Rotten Panda info

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Some infor on the outdoor resistance would be useful as I'm planning to run this outdoors this summer in a damp, mouldy corner of Northern Spain. The Ace site says it has average PM resistance and Average/High Botrytis resistance, 'with improved vigour, yield, mold and outdoor resistance thanks to the vietnamese sativa influence from our Orient Express'

My cheese (free bean from Dinafem) moulded a bit outdoors last year but finished nice and early and tbh, for that taste I can handle losing a bit to mould, but I imagine/hope the Rotten Panda will be a bit more resistant. I notice Ace say 'The support of the main branches is recommended at the end of flowering, due to the big size and heavy weight of its flowers.' Big and heavy is good but hopefully the 60% sativa will mean they won't be so dense and hence won't mold so much.

i agree bro..im in a very humid place in south east usa and really hoping that this one will do well bc im a skunk lover for sure and like u hoping for some mold resistance..this strain will be run 100% organic since its for my headstash..what lat u at bro? im 37.5 n

The English Cut

I'm at 43.2 in the coastal zone, at 380m elevation on a north facing hillside (looking at the Atlantic/Bay of Biscay), Summers can be hot but never really dry, humidity is always a problem. Grow shop staff round here usually push you towards early flowering indicas or autos for a quick harvest 'before the rains come' but I've had much better results with sativa-dom strains - last year a Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream became my first ever outdoor plant finished without a single spot of botrytis, harvested Oct 20. It was starting to get a little PM though.

Anyway I'm really hoping the Orient Express helps give resistance to the Rotten Panda. Looks like I'll find out sooner rather than later as I decided to pop one of the RP beans as part of my Winter/Spring greenhouse grow, with the intention to keep a cut for the summer season. I'll post pics here when there's anything to report.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'm at 43.2 in the coastal zone, at 380m elevation on a north facing hillside (looking at the Atlantic/Bay of Biscay), Summers can be hot but never really dry, humidity is always a problem. Grow shop staff round here usually push you towards early flowering indicas or autos for a quick harvest 'before the rains come' but I've had much better results with sativa-dom strains - last year a Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream became my first ever outdoor plant finished without a single spot of botrytis, harvested Oct 20. It was starting to get a little PM though.

Anyway I'm really hoping the Orient Express helps give resistance to the Rotten Panda. Looks like I'll find out sooner rather than later as I decided to pop one of the RP beans as part of my Winter/Spring greenhouse grow, with the intention to keep a cut for the summer season. I'll post pics here when there's anything to report.
sounds good bro..i will find out as well as i picked me up a few RP as well..biddy early and serious 6 is 2 other good strains that will do well in our humid climate..ive also found that the church is another good one but ive yet to grow it but got that one as well..a few buddys that has grew it said its a monster producer and very mold resistant so that gives us outdoor guys more options..a couple more i found research on is easy sativa,blueberry headband,frisen dew..i like to get a good variety of things bc i get bored with 1-2 when its gotta last me a whole year..im really looking forward to the rotten panda though so we shall see..there is another strain i been interested in but cant find no info is from ripper seeds "Toxic"..i will get toxic next year though as im full up this year..gl with the grow looking forward to the pics..i will also throw up some pics of mine when the time gets here :tiphat: here is toxic info!

Toxic by Ripper Seeds is the result of crossing two of their most awarded varieties Ripper Haze and Criminal +, a hybrid created with the intention of achieving a high yielding plant with a large number of trichomes.
Sativa dominant structure and very resistant to fungi and pests. Short growing cycle and rapid flowering of only 60/65 days, make TOXIC a rare genotype for any crop. Flavor, aroma, production, resin, power and quality would be some of the many adjectives that define this exceptional plant.

The English Cut

i like to get a good variety of things bc i get bored with 1-2 when its gotta last me a whole year.

ha ha that's me too, last year's outdoor got me good amounts of 8 different varieties and I'm still a bit bored, though I'd probably be the same if I had 100 different strains jarred up! tbh though I'm still searching for 3-4 strains that fit the bill as far as mold.resistance but still deliver in spades on taste and effect. That's why I'm trying the RP, got to get a hardy cheese in there just for the taste.

I saw somewhere that you liked the Delahaze too, that did very well for me here too, I planted it late so didn't get a huge yield but no mold and great flavour and finished way earlier than expected, mine was a mango/parsnip/pineapple pheno, I hear there's a more lemony one. Anyway that's definitely one I'd run again.

I tried Church a few years ago, it did ok but imo the smoke was boring, dismal, uninspiring and I wouldn't grow it again.

Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk (anther free bean) was another really good one for me last year, super strong rotten fruit flavour not far from my Delahaze but much heavier stone, got very little mold and no PM at all. Hardy stuff.

This year I'm also going to be trying some Hybrids From Hell strains and some other Ace seeds gear. Too many strains to mention here, too off topic! I'll be posting around here somewhere.

and now to get back on topic, here's my good news for today....

The English Cut

Toxic by Ripper Seeds is the result of crossing two of their most awarded varieties Ripper Haze and Criminal +, a hybrid created with the intention of achieving a high yielding plant with a large number of trichomes.
Sativa dominant structure and very resistant to fungi and pests. Short growing cycle and rapid flowering of only 60/65 days, make TOXIC a rare genotype for any crop. Flavor, aroma, production, resin, power and quality would be some of the many adjectives that define this exceptional plant.

This does sound interesting though, I'll keep my ears and eyes open for any more knowledge. Sativa-doms are the way to go.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
ha ha that's me too, last year's outdoor got me good amounts of 8 different varieties and I'm still a bit bored, though I'd probably be the same if I had 100 different strains jarred up! tbh though I'm still searching for 3-4 strains that fit the bill as far as mold.resistance but still deliver in spades on taste and effect. That's why I'm trying the RP, got to get a hardy cheese in there just for the taste.

I saw somewhere that you liked the Delahaze too, that did very well for me here too, I planted it late so didn't get a huge yield but no mold and great flavour and finished way earlier than expected, mine was a mango/parsnip/pineapple pheno, I hear there's a more lemony one. Anyway that's definitely one I'd run again.

I tried Church a few years ago, it did ok but imo the smoke was boring, dismal, uninspiring and I wouldn't grow it again.

Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk (anther free bean) was another really good one for me last year, super strong rotten fruit flavour not far from my Delahaze but much heavier stone, got very little mold and no PM at all. Hardy stuff.

This year I'm also going to be trying some Hybrids From Hell strains and some other Ace seeds gear. Too many strains to mention here, too off topic! I'll be posting around here somewhere.

and now to get back on topic, here's my good news for today....
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58683&pictureid=1376647&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
ya bro the delahaze is only thing that has performed spectacular for me in all conditions here. i love the delahaze its my staple and go to strain bc i know ever year it will yeild well and not rot..i had the mago and lemon flavor last year...LOL ya i agree if i had 100 i would still want more..thats just the addiciton of growing in us..the church wont be for my consuption that will be my re-supply strain lol as long as it dont rot and gets ppl stoned i'll be happy..another guy on here told me same thing that the smoke was just bland but it yeilds well and wont rot is why i got it..for my personal headstash i like things like delahaze,bubblergummer,dinafem og kush etc..hopeing this rotten panda does what it says bc if it does then it will be the new kid on the block in my headstash..i was reading somewhere else that the barneys pineapple chunk did well just like u say and also barneys LSD suppose to be hardy..they are on my to-do list for 2016 for sure..also check into the blueberry headband from emerald triangle..its a new one im trying this year as well,but im sure u will be around i'll have a diary running come spring..
ya toxic by ripper is suppose to be fire..i know the photo on herbies u can just tell its st8 funk!! that will be on my list in 2016 as well..its a spanish company and from all i have read the spanish companys are killing it regarding their cross's'
i just got my final order in yesterday 5 delahaze and rotten panda..hope mine pops like urs bc i really want to try this one out this year..please keep me posted on how she does..i got high hopes for this cross..
i got a dinafem cheese(freebie) and like u i have yet to find a good cheese strain that will do well under our conditions..i grew dinafem diseal last year it was a freebie and that is the largest yeilding plant i have ever grew in a guerilla setting almost 2 pound off it and it was pulled 2.5 weeks early due to bud rot setting it.. i bought it (1seed) again just bc of how big it yeild and the lemony lime flavor rivals the super lemon haze..i can only imagine what it would have done if i could have left it 2.5 more weeks..i will be ready for the mold this year bc im gonna be on the prevention spraying plan from start to finish this year..dinafem puts out some really really good shit..i might try their blue cheese auto just so i can try the blue cheese bc i will never get to grow the blue cheese here unless this Rotten panda will be good

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kygiacomo!!!

I also live in a wet climate at 37N. Rotten Panda works great in our latitude and climate, finishing early October with a very high yield. Skunk and its crosses are usually not the most resistant strains against mold, but the addition of Orient Express really helps in this sense. Caterpillars love skunky terpenes, so be careful with them.

Thanks for supporting our work, i'm glad you had the chance to get one of the last Rotten Panda packs, it was a limited edition from 2014 and now is out of stock.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Hi Kygiacomo!!!

I also live in a wet climate at 37N. Rotten Panda works great in our latitude and climate, finishing early October with a very high yield. Skunk and its crosses are usually not the most resistant strains against mold, but the addition of Orient Express really helps in this sense. Caterpillars love skunky terpenes, so be careful with them.

Thanks for supporting our work, i'm glad you had the chance to get one of the last Rotten Panda packs, it was a limited edition from 2014 and now is out of stock.

hey dubi yes i know luis informed me that via email..thats awesome that u are at same lat as me and the seeds was breed at this lat so they will finish here same time as well..i will be doing some prevetion sprays this year for all the bugs and pests with neem and karnaja oil..i hope in the future u guys come back out with this cross..thanks for all the hard work dubi u guys at ace are on top of the game imho

The English Cut

Hey English cut hows the Rotten Panda looking bro?

Hey there, she got planted into the polytunnel this afternoon, more pics once she settles in.

picture.php

B

Baron Greenback

Great stuff people, lovely looking plants all round. Those finished ones are looking amazing dubi, some good work there sir.
WGardener - thanks for such great descriptions of the smells, making my mouth water (well, apart from the rotten stench obviously), looking forward to that smoke report.
English - variety is the spice of life, right? You have got some absolute gems on the go, good luck with this one too :)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Hey there, she got planted into the polytunnel this afternoon, more pics once she settles in.

View Image

ya man shes looking good for her age..shes just itching to explode soon :woohoo:
i will crack mine in about 15 more days..its a slow start but once may1st here and they go to their final homes they will blow up fast bc the temps start hitting high 80s to low 90s all the way till mid sept

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
the Rotten Panda popped a tail in 15hrs from time germination started..im glad it has begun its life i only had one to test out..will keep u all posted thurout the season on this strain

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
the Rotten Panda is the first one that has plowed thur the soil and already sticking her head up..just cant beleive how fast this seedling is growing..its not even been 36 hrs and its already coming out..if this strain keeps growing this vigorusly then it will be one of the 3 strains that gets the true living organic soil that i have bought..

Awesome job ACE and dubi! i will for sure be growing more of ur all strains starting with the feminised bangi haze lol

B

Baron Greenback

That's great work Kygia, how long you planning on vegging for?

The English Cut

Kygiacomo, that's great news indeed, it definitely bodes well for the season ahead!

My RP is doing fine, she settled in nicely but the weather has taken a turn for the worse here so things are kind of stalled right now. I have to say though that she is dealing with the low temps better than most of the other plants. I think the only plant that's less bothered by the cold is the PCK x Kali China, it's just laughing in the face of Atlantic storms! Anyway I took a cut of the RP the other day, so even if it all goes terribly wrong at least I'll have the genetics safe for the main season (that's assuming it roots ok). Peace TEC.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see some other growers giving this strain a go this year.

I popped my fem single i had with little hopes of germ but low and behold she is going strong and is out pacing a few newer hybrids.

I love cheese smoke and OE smoke so im really looking forward to this one!

Ill be doing her indoor and i will post up some pics of her soon...gonna see how she does in this SE spring/summer heat and humidity

all be it not as susceptible as you outdoor guys are

Peace

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
That's great work Kygia, how long you planning on vegging for?
thx bro i plan on veggin from now till mid july

Kygiacomo, that's great news indeed, it definitely bodes well for the season ahead!

My RP is doing fine, she settled in nicely but the weather has taken a turn for the worse here so things are kind of stalled right now. I have to say though that she is dealing with the low temps better than most of the other plants. I think the only plant that's less bothered by the cold is the PCK x Kali China, it's just laughing in the face of Atlantic storms! Anyway I took a cut of the RP the other day, so even if it all goes terribly wrong at least I'll have the genetics safe for the main season (that's assuming it roots ok). Peace TEC.
i was looking at that pckx kali i bet it will be awesome. keep me posted how it does. it wont be long the temps will be blazeing hot soon and they all will take off like rockets..mine are out in the sun today temps suppose to get to 75f

Glad to see some other growers giving this strain a go this year.

I popped my fem single i had with little hopes of germ but low and behold she is going strong and is out pacing a few newer hybrids.

I love cheese smoke and OE smoke so im really looking forward to this one!

Ill be doing her indoor and i will post up some pics of her soon...gonna see how she does in this SE spring/summer heat and humidity

all be it not as susceptible as you outdoor guys are

Peace

u and me both bro.i was worried i only had 1 single fem seed of this but it was the first one out the dirt..they are all in organic dirt this year and i can tell a big difference from what i used last year.. my plants are already praying harder then a evangelist in a sunday moring church lol..keep me posted here in this thread out the RP does for u..i love skunk weed but always would rot on me im hoping this one will be great

B

Baron Greenback

I think you're pretty much onto a winner with anything Ace does. That veg until July is going to make that a monster.
They also seem to take as cuttings quite well, I tried one in honey and it seems to have taken.

Latest posts

Latest posts