What's new

Rotogro

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
little-soldier said:
very nice northern. 6000 smackers for this baby, man thats overpriced. do you think it would be possible to fit two 600W instead of 2 1k? The reason im asking is because that way you could veg the plants a little longer so that u dont end up with only 10-15 grams per plant. 600 perform just as well anyways.Im sure the yield would be IMHO

@ min 14 grams per plant @ min 300 plants= 150 oz= 9lb 6oz= way more than enough bud for me even if i was selling it. literally every 2 months due to no veg time i could turn that into $180 k a year no problem(lowball) for a 6000$ 1 time investment(other than maintinence) maybe a little more. and thats with only 300 plants in the thing. IMO thats enough grams per plant :bashhead: :rant:

G

Can't wait Northern. Love following your threads. I'll be watching this one closely. Always wondered about those units. Guess, we are going to get a first hand look at a full run. Thanks for taking the time to share the info and pics with us.
Take care,
BG

J-Roc

wow!
that thing is huge!
where did i hear about the guy with like 5 weed ferris wheels in his house
that a plance crashed into and got him busted?

N

Neptune

I want one, but have no resources for 300+ clones per crop.
My own 3x3 mother tent makes me just enough clones to fill my current SOG.

Would definatly need 1kw on mother plants to stock 300 clones every 60 days.
What kind of strains are good in these things? Something more like AK47, or something more like Purple Kush?

G

Neptune said:

What kind of strains are good in these things? Something more like AK47, or something more like Purple Kush?

I get 600 clones every 5 to 6 weeks off of 2x400w MH. 200 every 2 weeks basically. That is with PK even. When all my mothers were Hash Plant I could do almost twice that once the plants made it to the appropriate size.

He is running Purple Kush in that wheel. It's not going to show the true weight that this system can yield. AK 47 would be awesome and Hash Plant would be our choice strain for this if it were not for the fact that it is going for so much less than everything else right now.

Last edited:
little-soldier said:
All im saying is that ur plants get over 1000 more foot candles with a 600w then with a 1k before the bulb gets too close to ur canopy
I think that you think we are thinking about the numbers associated with the use of reflectors :)...lol
Without reflectors...the issue of heat has a whole new set of numbers.

Northern Farmer said:
Any taller/closer and things become too crowded which is counter productive.
This brings to mind an issue I have with the current horizontal cylinder machines.
The diameter of the unit is 'fixed'. Some offer 2 sizes...but they are ultimately fixed in diameter. And just like you mentioned here NF...with these units, the taller that plant is, the closer it is to the bulb. And that's the thing...that plant canopy is growing straight at the bulb and reducing the actual plant top canopy substantially! And there is no side lighting in this system. And that is why it is even more VITAL that this type of grow be dialed in exactly and specifically for plant height.
If we look at a vertical cylinder grow...the Coliseum or Cage for example...the diameter is somewhat fixed as well. You can pull the two halves apart if needed...but it would reduce efficiency of course.
Anyways...with a vert cylinder...too tall of a plant just results in the need to move the light 'up' in the column. With a vert...half of the plants light use is side lighting. Not unlike a stadium...except now we are surrounding the bulb 360*

1 finger typing spew of the night over
:joint:

Last edited:
Oops...sorry, where are my manners btw!
Thx for the thread NF :cheers:...regardless of outcomes on these vert and horizontal cylinder grows...there is a HUGE following of viewers that love the info :)

Take care:joint:

G

He is plugging his clones in as we speak.

Pics will be e-mailed to me soon.

N

Neptune

I am subscribed and would love to see this one to the end bro... I see too many of these get started, and never finish... leaving speculation and questions. Never have seen a thread where a real expert wheel is being utilized to it's fullest... rock an roll bud!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
got those pics soon been itchin to view the wheel filled.hehehehehehe(evil chuckle)

Y

yamaha_1fan

even at a modest 6 pounds, thats like 2.7 grams per watt. This item may be on my wish list for the future.

G

It will be probably a couple of days for the pics, sorry.

He did the plugging of clones last night and never e-mailed pics to me. I have to go on a 24h trip so when I get back I will then download...upload....all on dial up.

He said everything went smooth but he used a handful of crappy cuts because he wanted to have mostly Purple Kush in there.

G

yamaha_1fan said:
even at a modest 6 pounds, thats like 2.7 grams per watt. This item may be on my wish list for the future.

I really don't know what kind of numbers to expect from the Purple Kush. It averages 1.2 per bulb around here where the Hash Plant we just dropped was more of a 1.75 1.8 per bulb.

What ever he gets with the PK be sure to expect a lot more from other strains.

I just ordered some AK 47 that we expect will kick ass in the Roto. Big hard tops, easy to grow and potent a hell. We also are just sexing our blockhead seeds as well as a cross we have of Purple Kush X Hashplant. I will be later planting some Rockbud and Ice Cream beans all to be tried in this system. We will find the best choice eventually.

SBP

remember to lollipop them, if not, it will turn into a jungle in there!?!?! someone around my parts had an ALPHA GARDEN and had BOG's SourBubble..... flowered them after roots popped the 3"x3" RW and got 15grams*dry* per plant

"here's an idea"

run 1/2 as many girls, but space them out w/ a vacant RW cube in between eacg flowering plant. then let them veg for 3 days and then flower..... this gives more space for larger root mass and bigger roots = bigger buds

SBP

oh yeha, dont overwater.... when plants dont soak up some of the liquids they are submersed in by the time they are completely upside down then it will drip down onto plants and promote mold if plant doesn't dry off in time. flood 2 times during lites on and 1 time lites off

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Neptune said:

thats what i was thinking also...
mom room has to be seperate... 2x400 or 2x600 would probably work better then a 1k imo...
atleats ull have more canopy area, im guessing that mom would have to be sideways to get that many clones....

id prefer a short, fast growing indica like master kush in a device like this like they were designed together.

id shit myself with 9 lbs...

cant wait to see your friend fill this in NF...
ill be here waiting for when them pics come.