What's new

Rotogro

G

I just spent the last couple of hours helping set up a friend's Rotogro. It wasn't as complicated as I originally thought it would be. There were a few bolt holes that were a bit tight and one nut that had no threads but it was straight forward.

The grow reports we are getting on these wheel systems has been excellent over all. It started off as rumours but theres enough of them in action here now that we have been getting reliable reports. Heard of a couple of people breaking 10 lbs even but the average is around 6 lbs. 8-9 lbs is not too uncommon.

This unit fits 312 plants and is powered by 2x1000w HPS.

He payed $6000 for this unit. Everything is included but the rockwool cubes and ferts.

He's taking clones tomorrow so I'll keep a grow journal going on his first run. He is trying hydro for the first time so there may be some rookie mistakes. He's also going to be running mostly Purple Kush which is not a very big producer. We hope to be throwing some Blockhead in there in his next run.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
That's awesome. Man I wish that the American government did it like Canadians... fines and some probation... I'd run like 6 of those. But 6 X 312 is WAAAAYY to many plants.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Thats nice, I remember people pullin of good yields from Omega, similar unit...but well kinda expensive thinking that if you have a good sog strain and skills then you can pull crazy yields that way too...

G

Farmer John said:
Thats nice, I remember people pullin of good yields from Omega, similar unit...but well kinda expensive thinking that if you have a good sog strain and skills then you can pull crazy yields that way too...

Not in that amount of floor space you wouldn't. I'd be surprised to see 3 or 4 lbs per 1000w in any SOG also. :nono:

A friend of a friend just pulled off 9 lbs in his last run with another brand of wheel. :jump:

S

stonedeconomist

300+ plants, how much federal time would that be here in the states?

mysticls

looks badass.. glad to see you guys finally got it running

stonedeconomist; www.norml.com some states give u same sentence whether its 20 plants or 2000 plants

dont need to move to canada...just dont get busted

bloodshot red

no matter what "state" You are found in when calculating fed time, as long its the united. 21 USC : 100 to 999 plants regardless of size, MINIMUM MANDATORY 5 years
with no criminal history. 2nd offense the time is doubled. in fed land you receive 54 days of good time off the sentence at the completion of each year. Actual time in custody is about 4 years and 4 months.... the 10 year minimum is 1,000 plants or more
the mfrs are no joke. Unless you snitch...

G

Maybe you guys can debate this over in the Legal topic???

The clones havent rooted for that Roto yet. Once it's rolling I will keep you up to date with pics.

BlindDate

Veteran
Not in that amount of floor space you wouldn't. I'd be surprised to see 3 or 4 lbs per 1000w in any SOG also.

Does "that" amount of floor space include the floor space to start 300 clones in Rockwool cubes?

G

BlindDate said:
Does "that" amount of floor space include the floor space to start 300 clones in Rockwool cubes?

That doesn't take up much space at all, 3x 48" light banks on a shelf. So 4'x1' of floor space can be used for the clone support.

Both systems need clones btw...

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Northern Farmer said:
That doesn't take up much space at all, 3x 48" light banks on a shelf. So 4'x1' of floor space can be used for the clone support.

Both systems need clones btw...

:yeahthats :muahaha:

little-soldier

very nice northern. 6000 smackers for this baby, man thats overpriced. do you think it would be possible to fit two 600W instead of 2 1k? The reason im asking is because that way you could veg the plants a little longer so that u dont end up with only 10-15 grams per plant. 600 perform just as well anyways.Im sure the yield would be IMHO

G

little-soldier said:
very nice northern. 6000 smackers for this baby, man thats overpriced. do you think it would be possible to fit two 600W instead of 2 1k? The reason im asking is because that way you could veg the plants a little longer so that u dont end up with only 10-15 grams per plant. 600 perform just as well anyways.Im sure the yield would be IMHO

You can buy the model that uses 2 600W instead. It would make more sense. You can only grow the plants so big in this system and 600w does not do as well as 1000w. I don't see the point of extending the gro time anyways. The veg time is almost non existent in these.

The system is not overpriced if it achieves 2.5 to 3 lbs a bulb on average which it is in the hands of average growers. It's simple economics. It's not like you throw it away after a crop. Once you dial it in with the right strains and nutes it really makes you $$$.

I can only assume that c02 was used in those big crops.

I haven't been over there lately.

Last edited:

little-soldier

All im saying is that ur plants get over 1000 more foot candles with a 600w then with a 1k before the bulb gets too close to ur canopy

G

Sorry, I don't know if I'm following....

Do you mean you can get the plants closer to a 600w providing it with more foot candles?

They are in cool tubes and you can get pretty close to the 1000w. Any taller/closer and things become too crowded which is counter productive.

I don't see how you can provide more foot candles with 800w less but I'm no rocket surgeon.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Northern Farmer said:
Sorry, I don't know if I'm following....

Do you mean you can get the plants closer to a 600w providing it with more foot candles?

They are in cool tubes and you can get pretty close to the 1000w. Any taller/closer and things become too crowded which is counter productive.

I don't see how you can provide more foot candles with 800w less but I'm no rocket surgeon.

:yeahthats

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
ha hah hahahhahahaha. one k all the way. i would only buy a 600 if that is all i could get. forget about afford. i would save the money. unless i was running a small cabinet of some sort. those exceptions aside, with a cooltube i was able to keep my girls 8 inches from the tube(1k) at all times and to be honest if it were not for light bleaching i could have been closer without heat issues. and thats with an 80 degree house coolin the tube. grow room at 72-75f consistantly at lights on. i love this thread i want a roto gro. m scared about the numbers though. i like your stadium grow well love it actually. i was thinking vert like i think dirtdoc or something the guy in christian taylors vertically simple thread came up with those shelves on casters.... i want to do that but hydro. i am shooting for a 6 lb harvest on my future room runs and am figuring out how to get that off of 2-3 1k bulbs. i will be followin of course thanks for the inspiration NF> i dig your style
this bud was under 1 ft from a bare bulb hanging no burn
thats the top nug

Last edited: